dwint51
04-06-2013, 10:51 AM
The honda did burn out too

scootnwinn
04-08-2013, 03:25 PM
That is fake the guy on the Honda never got on the throttle

MEAN_MOTOFINO
04-08-2013, 11:50 PM
If its the video im thinking it is then the honda would have waxed that old man. Its needs the RIDER MOD because he obviously does not know how to launch that bike and get in his powerband !

qwertydude
04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
That guy was granny launching that Honda. The CBR1000 Honda when launched properly has more than enough power to stomp all but the most powerful purpose built muscle bikes like the also Japanese V-Max off the line. But in a 1/4 mile drag race the CBR-1000 really only loses to larger displacement sport bikes like a Hayabusa.

Admin
04-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I love comedies! :D

Obviously fake, the Honda rider didn't even try.

prodigit
04-09-2013, 08:05 PM
The sports bike makes it's torque in the higher revs. Perhaps it never even gotten above 5k RPM in 1st gear there.
The harley makes it's peak torque at ~3000-4000 RPM.

It's more tuned for fast acceleration than the sports bike, but it also consumes more gas along the way.
Make it 1/4 mile race, and the sportster will beat the harley fair and square.

scootnwinn
04-10-2013, 01:38 PM
The sports bike makes it's torque in the higher revs. Perhaps it never even gotten above 5k RPM in 1st gear there.
The harley makes it's peak torque at ~3000-4000 RPM.

It's more tuned for fast acceleration than the sports bike, but it also consumes more gas along the way.
Make it 1/4 mile race, and the sportster will beat the harley fair and square.

Uhm not actually. A 1000cc sportbike when held wide open lofts the front wheel immediately and accelerates "pee yourself" quickly it produce tourque immediately and hp in the higher rpm... that Harley has no chance ever period.

prodigit
04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
They do say that smaller bikes (300/600cc) are faster than 1000+cc bikes in acceleration, and cornering.
Large cc bikes have great top speed, and are great for long distance racing.
There have been a number of video's where the smaller bikes beat the larger bikes on the tracks (esp. with a lot of cornering).

scootnwinn
04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
They do say that smaller bikes (300/600cc) are faster than 1000+cc bikes in acceleration, and cornering.
Large cc bikes have great top speed, and are great for long distance racing.
There have been a number of video's where the smaller bikes beat the larger bikes on the tracks (esp. with a lot of cornering).

True but this was a "dragrace"

prodigit
04-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Probably the rat racer has optimized his torque, and tire grip already from years of experience, while the Jap bike is equipped with traction control (not sure if it is, but could be), which is tuned for stock tires in the rain, not track tires on dry ground.

Do the same race in the rain, and the RAT racer is at a disadvantage (for skidding/burnout due to too fast acceleration).

Irish
12-31-2014, 12:02 PM
That's why I always opted for a four stroke! A four stroke gets its power from torque. A two stroke from RPMs. I did ALOT of dragracing when I lived in NH. Many times neither of us knew who won until we got our timeslips! 2/100 of a second is mighty close! Irish

Irish
04-15-2015, 12:34 PM
In any drag race the winner is usually the one with the most "guts/balls" & not who has the biggest eng. Girls: I mean the term "Balls" literally , not sexually! I make this statement from many yrs of experience! We used to race by class on Sundays! During the warmups a person that was in the same class as me , used to approach me & ask-
You want to run them off? If you can beat me , I might as well go home! I thought-With that attitude , you already lost! Irish

kz1000st
04-20-2015, 09:36 AM
Real racing, real takeoffs. Compare the two videos and I think you'll see a slight difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQw_uNp2vHk

philr
04-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Accept that in this example, Hildo was quicker off the line than the Hondazuki rider. More about the rider than the bike, but the longer wheelbase bike is easier to control at launch. How many of "us" out accelerate faster, more powerful vehicles at stoplights? Scooters generally rule the "intersection" in spite of short wheelbase and low HP.

I have a couple machines to choose from, but for "in town" stop light drags, my scooter is the weapon of choice... twist-n-go is easy and quick that first 100 feet. My V-Twin has a manual clutch that uses counter-weights to lock-up tighter as RPM increases, made for racing, its a mechanical advantage I seldom/never mention to opposing riders.

Hildo knows his machine, has turned every nut and bolt himself... sometimes an old guy, on an old bike he built himself, has all the advantage needed. It was a "short" drag as well, certainly less than an eighth... liter bike doesn't have enough distance to make up for the poor launch.

An old guy that enjoys scooters, Can-Ams, and a bike I built myself... occasional impromptu acceleration contests too.

Irish
04-27-2015, 10:34 AM
This is just what I have read in my manuals. I have a Sportster 1200 with a Trike Kit. I have been told & have read that the 883 engine isn't that good & I'm not saying that because I have a 1200! I bought my bike long before this was told to me.:tup: Irish

Irish
06-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Real racing, real takeoffs. Compare the two videos and I think you'll see a slight difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQw_uNp2vHk

I am the owner of a 2006 Sportster 1200cc w/Trike Kit & I can tell you that the 883 is a crappy eng! That's why I bought a 1200 engine!:clap::tup: Irish

Irish
06-15-2015, 01:38 PM
Sorry! I think that I posted something like this before.:tdown: Irish:tup: