PDA

View Full Version : mean drivers

raygun04
04-05-2013, 09:43 PM
So I was 2 blocks away from home a few minutes ago and I guess I wasnt going fast enough for the car behind me (I WAS doing the speed limit i might add) and they kept flickering on there brights like RIGHT behind me >.< ...then who ever this person is zooommms past me as im turning into my drive way....what jerk...sorry for ranting/complaining or w.e but I thought I was gonna crash cause I could not see nothing but bright light coming from behind me and coming off my mirrors o.O;;;

Admin
04-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Yep, people are nuts. I just had a woman today run a stop sign and almost T-bone me. Never even slowed down for the stop sign, just right through it, locking up the brakes inches from me at the last second.

I really dont know how these people get their licenses. >:(

50cc
04-06-2013, 05:30 AM
Put a helmet camera, record all your trips and send such cases to the local traffic police dept.

skuttadawg
04-09-2013, 11:24 AM
I have had ( censored ) yell at me am I am speeding instead of creeping up a hill with a parade of cars behind me . I have had several break their necks to pass me at highway speeds . I guess peebrains can not handle a moped outrunning them LOL . I love the play " You aint passing me " and I speed up to see how fast they really want to go .

Best advice I can tell you is to keep your distance from cars , ride in defense mode like everyone is a drunkard . If you have a slow scooter yield and wave for cagers to ride on so they will not be a threat or mess up one fun . If you have a fast scooter like me I jack rabbit at green lights in order to put distance between me and cars instead of being among them

4getful2
04-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Helmet cam. is a good idea

raygun04
04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
I never thought of a helmet cam...good idea....also when I do take off like that trying to get away from the cars usually the car next to me will take it upon themselves to push the pedal to the metal and zoom past me but at least it doesnt happen every time I guess lol

inuyasha
04-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi
Try the S E E system
Search, Evaluate, Execute
http://msf-usa.org/Downloads/PreparingRiderstoSEEBetterPresentation.pdf
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

erictheviking666
04-15-2013, 09:27 PM
So I was 2 blocks away from home a few minutes ago and I guess I wasnt going fast enough for the car behind me (I WAS doing the speed limit i might add) and they kept flickering on there brights like RIGHT behind me >.< ...then who ever this person is zooommms past me as im turning into my drive way....what jerk...sorry for ranting/complaining or w.e but I thought I was gonna crash cause I could not see nothing but bright light coming from behind me and coming off my mirrors o.O;;;

Haha, I would have slowed down to 15mph and eased down street a little further with him trapped behind me! Just to watch the steam come out their ears, Lol.

Domindart
04-16-2013, 04:49 AM
I be ridin' along earlier yesterday and did some filtering at a stop light. Sure enough, just as I thought would happen if I decided to filter, a disgruntled lady in her SUV was cursing at me (or some jibberish w her window half down,) as she passed by..

ugh:taunt:

raygun04
04-16-2013, 07:50 PM
lol @eric ive actually done that once before at the stop light because the exact second the light turned green the guy behind me immediatly started honking o.O;;;...thanks hank for the link I think thats made me more perceptive of things now when im riding now

inuyasha
04-16-2013, 08:04 PM
lol @eric ive actually done that once before at the stop light because the exact second the light turned green the guy behind me immediatly started honking o.O;;;...thanks hank for the link I think thats made me more perceptive of things now when im riding now
Hi
Your most welcome
Have you tried out the MSF rider perception tests yet?
http://www.msf-usa.org/riderperception/
Take care and ride safely my friend
Yours Hank

epyon96r
04-21-2013, 12:16 AM
I live in the houston area and man is it rough, I've only had one close call on scooter, but people want to cut my truck off like they have a death wish. I locked up my brakes 2 weeks ago cuz some lady likeinuyasha said, use the see technique. Helps

Firehawk989
04-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I once had a lady in a BMW SUV use the BIKE LANE to pass me ON THE RIGHT going up a hill! :wtf: :doh:

spandi
04-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I saw a CRAZY driver outside of "Balmer" Maryland gun through the space BETWEEN two cars doing 70 mph on the interstate! (Talk about nuts?!!!):nuts::ugh:

Castle_Rock
11-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I just bought a "eyecord" brand sunglasses with camera that records in 720P - have yet to try it but it runs for hour and a half which is more than what I drive on a daily basis. Might be good insurance, but my bike is more than capable of keeping up with traffic.

skuttadawg
11-07-2013, 12:07 AM
If one a slow scooter ride on the right side of the lane and wave for cars to pass you . I have had ( censored ) ride my tail and flick the lights like that could make me speed up . Even if I speed several cagers go nuts with the " I can not let a moped out run me " ideology .

Always keep your distance from cars and always do a 360 sweep of your surroundings . Drive like everyone is an idiot and on dope . People will pull out right in front of you as it is hard to judge the speed of a scooter compared to a car .

When my 50 had a " moped " tag I got a lot of " get off the road " and other DUI slurs . I almost never drink , never had a DUI and I do have drivers license . Since its a 2T and would go faster than moped restrictions by law I got it insured and put on a MC tag and have not gotten any flack

Irish
07-04-2015, 12:31 PM
I finally figured out why they have an eye protection law in Florida! It's so that you can get a last look at the people that pull out in front of you! If you leave enough space (to be safe) in front of you , sure as hell someone will pull in it. This is very common. My wife has it happen to her all of the time on the interstate. Maybe that's what caused that burn spot on her headliner!:taunt::shrug: Irish:hmm:

bull
07-10-2015, 06:26 AM
Irish, it sure seems more and more drivers are not paying attention and placing us in a bad position. Yesterday was another day of very cautious riding / commuting.

Had two drivers enter from side streets w/o looking - almost hit both. Then a Dekalb cop passed me by crossing a double yellow and then cut back in almost clipping me. Funny, I ended up right behind him in traffic at the next light.

Irish
07-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Having been riding for as long as I have , I can really notice the difference! Some of it may be moving to Florida. I rode MOSTLY in the N.E. states before. If anything riding seems to have gotten more dangerous. You see cars with signs on them that say "Watch out for motorcycles" & such but the cage drivers seem worse! All you can do is to Stay Alert!:shrug::tdown: Irish

kz1000st
08-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Just last week I was riding on the State Route into town when a car jumped out to pass everyone going the other way from me. He wasn't stopping and I had to take to the road shoulder to avoid becoming a hood ornament. As he passed in my lane the cars he was passing blew their horns in contempt. I'm sure he was impressed.

Shadowfire
02-08-2018, 06:50 PM
Yes, the readways are *filled* with people who aren't paying enough for their car insurance.

Irish
03-02-2018, 01:55 PM
I was driving down a two-lane road(on my trike). I signaled to turn right , onto another two-lane road. Having ridden for so long & not being used to riding a trike , I just automatically looked to the right before turning. A taxi was passing me in the break-down lane! If I hadn't looked , he would have probably have killed me. That's why I say to always be alert when riding!:s:shrug: Irish:scoot::nuts:

scottscooter
04-14-2019, 12:43 AM
alert whilst ignoring/avoiding stupidity, my philosophy