PDA

View Full Version : Springtime is Seafoam Time!

larrball
04-05-2013, 07:17 PM
http://scootdawg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=print&thread=50078
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by imagesinthewind on May 13, 2012, 5:44pm

It's spring, we are getting scoots ready or already riding.
Don't forget the seafoam!

Here in CO, our winters are of the type that we can scoot a few times in the winter. So, many don't go to the trouble of winterizing them. Which means the gasoline sits in the tank and the carb for long periods. This can cause problems starting and idling, so it's time for a glub of seafoam.

It also helps remove water if your last fill up was from a not-so-good station. I helped get a motorcycle running yesterday with a couple ounces of the miracle cure in a full tank of gas. Wouldn't start for a week and left the rider stranded 8 miles from home. A couple glubs of SF and some cranking to get the stuff in the carb and wonder of wonders it started!!

So, get some, put some in the scoot for each fill up to get the engine and carb cleaned.

You can even use it in your crankcase oil next time you do a change!

[end public service announcement]

larrball
04-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Frist off i want to thank imagesinthewind for his post last year.. Thank you.

I have had my jonway for some time now (2009) use SF and i still have the same problem i have had with this scooter for almost 4 years.

What Does the carb look like inside?

Enought said. :)

Domindart
04-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Im going to put some seafoam in the tank next fill up, never done it. I have to give it gas to start sometimes, and Idle is off sometimes... often overlook this cause it runs fine but I just thought seafoam wouldnt hurt. how much in one tank?

prodigit
04-13-2013, 02:19 AM
So far, seafoam has done very little to me IMHO.
It may be good if your gasoline has evaporated, and to clean the gum up, but generally, if you're frequently riding your engine, the gum 'melts' also when you insert new gasoline.

Domindart
04-13-2013, 02:25 AM
So I probably don't need it?

prodigit
04-13-2013, 03:26 AM
I use a bit of seafoam in the tank about once every 1000 miles. Can't say if it helped a lot or not.

Domindart
04-14-2013, 12:31 AM
I'll try it out then and see..! Cap full in full tank?

amac1680
04-14-2013, 06:53 AM
I use Startron in every motor I own every fill up.. Car, boat chainsaw....
Don't know about increased performance but it stops E10 separation and stabilizes the fuel.

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/

As prodigit said if your burning fuel regularly it's not an issue.

Be Big,
AMAC