PDA

View Full Version : chinese scooters

dwint51
03-31-2013, 06:14 PM
Might sound like a dumb question but are these cheap chinese any better than years ago?I'm buying a mr-07t-50 two stroke with twelve in tires fully assembled from pro power ride.I haven't heard bad things about them but I no they are massproduced.

teddy554
03-31-2013, 06:29 PM
imo most are worse

prodigit
03-31-2013, 07:42 PM
Ever since 2008 a lot of good things happened with chinese scoots.
Compared to before 2008, IMHO they're more reliable, and definitely faster!

More and more chinese companies tune their scoots, to give good allover performance, and gas mileage.

The fuel lines now can accept gasoline with mild levels of ethanol (<10%).

Tires are pretty good, and more and more companies equip their scoots with performance or custom made CDI's; and belts that go longer than 4k miles.

That being said, a chinese scoot is still a work of art, and needs regular checkups and maintenance.
So it's not like you're getting a Yamaha, or Suzuki.

The ATM50's are generally trouble free.

On other bikes some issues may happen, but they're not too hard to fix.

dwint51
03-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks thets good to no.I never leave anything stock anyway.I will check my electrical connections and the other things I've read about them.even if I had the money for a honda I wouldn't pay that much for a scooter.I've been building harleys for more than twenty years but my license got screwed up from being stupid.now I have to sell my chopper.I'm going backwards

inuyasha
03-31-2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks thets good to no.I never leave anything stock anyway.I will check my electrical connections and the other things I've read about them.even if I had the money for a honda I wouldn't pay that much for a scooter.I've been building harleys for more than twenty years but my license got screwed up from being stupid.now I have to sell my chopper.I'm going backwards
Hi
Nothing wrong with that i had an indian first then built a motorized bike then went with some scoots
My riding stable
http://www.scootdawg.net/album.php?albumid=9
I found that i ride the scoots and motorbike a lot more then the Chief lately
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

dwint51
03-31-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks.hey a person got to make adjustments in life some times right

teddy554
03-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks.hey a person got to make adjustments in life some times right
got to say the tao tao and peace are about the worse, a lot of the quality brands like eton vento and cpi no longer exist or in business but there still some good brands out there but there is just more junk out now imo

inuyasha
03-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi
Imho the best Chinese brand is PUMA
http://www.pumacycles.com/
Mine was top notch in quality fit and finish and performance
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6105/6363421833_00e01d1843_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/6363421833/)
Scooter Tag 017 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/6363421833/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_2_N6BW84Y
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

spandi
04-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Yep. Puma's service personnel are OUTSTANDING. :nod::clap:

50cc
04-01-2013, 06:44 AM
China scoots are getting better, but that's a veeeery slow process so Japanese and Italian scoots are still the better choice in terms of quality (and will be for at least 10 more years). If you're looking for a hobby, get a China cracker, but always carry tools and spare parts with you and keep in mind you'll have black dirt under your fingernails at least once a month. Also, Chinese quality varies a lot, so stick to the brands recommended by the fellow dawgs.

cookees
04-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Of all the Pumas we sell, the Eagle 150 seems to be the fastest. Just brought in the Rocky 150...certainly looks cool; have yet to ride one.

richardthescooter1
04-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Hey Hank, You got a nice collection there my friend.

inuyasha
04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Hey Hank, You got a nice collection there my friend.
Hi Richard
Thanks ever so much
Looking around for a new scoot to add to the stable, imho you can never have enough
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

richardthescooter1
04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
I agree to that, later I too want to buy a used scoot to work on, I'd love to have a little shop to restore those scoots everyone gives up on.

dcalebro
10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
I have found that Chinese scooters are getting a lot better in the past year. I have one that I have not had any trouble with since I've owned it. its a tao tao duster, 50 cc. it will run 45 miles per hour. its better than some itialian made scooters that I have seen.

spandi
10-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Well if you do something long enough you get good at it. IMHO Chinese build quality got better in 10-11, but still has a way to go. (especially in bearings, electrical, and weld quality.)

BTW, if I was buying from among Chinese scoots today it would pretty much be PUMA before anything else. :nod:

rockie
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I love my Jonway 150. I've had it for 3 years and have had no problems. I have not had to do one bit of work on it, except change the oil. Not even replace one bulb. (nothing).

bintelli
10-10-2013, 04:58 PM
Chinese scooters have come a long way in the last few years. Znen scooters are the best made scooters in China, and we at Bintelli use these Znen base units and then upgrade them even more with Motobatt Batteries, NGK Spark Plugs, Deni Carburetors, Gates Belts, Halogen Headlights, Dual Stage Paint Treatment, Upgraded Seats, and Stainless Steel Hardware coming standard on all our models. We know you'd love the quality we provide!

amac1680
10-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Well if you do something long enough you get good at it. IMHO Chinese build quality got better in 10-11, but still has a way to go. (especially in bearings, electrical, and weld quality.)

BTW, if I was buying from among Chinese scoots today it would pretty much be PUMA before anything else. :nod:

Heres a Znen weld. Looks pretty to me.......lol.

http://scooter-gimp.smugmug.com/MISC/i-8c3d822/0/L/image-L.jpg

I just did the PDI with a friend on his daughters new china scoot and its a world better then just five years ago. Far less loose, stripped fasteners and the motor fired right up and idled without adjustment.

The wiring is still marginal at best.

Be Big,
AMAC

blueboy5000
10-11-2013, 07:32 AM
The Roketas have dramatically improved since 2008, and now even come with BANDO kevlar belts and decent hoses, as well as much nicer wiring and quality of frame welding.

Though, price has naturally risen to reflect this.

blueboy5000
10-11-2013, 07:34 AM
That said, I HIGHLY recommend BMS, my wife;s 2013 BMS Roman 150 is basically what my 2011 Roketa MC-23 is after $300 in mods/replacement of stock parts.

spandi
10-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Heres a Znen weld. Looks pretty to me.......lol.

http://scooter-gimp.smugmug.com/MISC/i-8c3d822/0/L/image-L.jpg

I just did the PDI with a friend on his daughters new china scoot and its a world better then just five years ago. Far less loose, stripped fasteners and the motor fired right up and idled without adjustment.

The wiring is still marginal at best.

Be Big,
AMACYes, they are getting better. But the welds on my scoot were never near that clean. (I had to redo them) They looked like spray painted popcorn. The wiring however was pretty heavy duty and well laid out. It seems as if they are making improvements one small step at a time.

seamus26
06-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Chinese scooters have come a long way in the last few years. Znen scooters are the best made scooters in China, and we at Bintelli use these Znen base units and then upgrade them even more with Motobatt Batteries, NGK Spark Plugs, Deni Carburetors, Gates Belts, Halogen Headlights, Dual Stage Paint Treatment, Upgraded Seats, and Stainless Steel Hardware coming standard on all our models. We know you'd love the quality we provide!

The ZNEN 150 I bought from GR Scooter was already upgraded with the Deni carb, NGK plug and a better belt. So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I have had to pull the carb out a couple of times, though. The first was my fault. I added stuff to the fuel and learned the hard way. It taught me how to clean the carb, though. :D

savy09
06-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Who killed the Auto Moto trike??? Within the passed year Auto Moto USA had been selling the bulk of 150ZK trike scooters in the USA market. Thru that year they sold pre ordered and pre paid trikes, but early 2013, a large container full arrived from China and did not pass emissions??? and were sent back to China for corrections, never to return, leaving Auto Moto Corp to go oob. Now several thousand owners are left with no direct parts access for this model trike,as the Gy6 engine is different in configuration and is 11hp, the tranny likewise are unique,factory parts. The 25 or so paid pre orders are left in a lurch, no trike and out $3,800. After selling over 6,000 AM's in the USA thru a network of dealers since 2008, slowly dealerships closed, and now AM Corp too has succumbed. But, was it only AMC at fault, or did Wash.DC have some hand in this, quelling the sale of China imports? My 2cents.
I own one and am very happy with this trike(4,000miles) overall, so do many others in the Auto Moto owners(Facebook) club (formally Auto Moto Website). One guy has over 50,000 miles on his AM and still rides it daily as a commuter. Like all China imports tho, proper maintainence is the key,so prepare/learn to diy and get your hands dirty.

Gimpdog
06-27-2014, 12:58 PM
That's almost what the gubment did to the jap bikes long time ago, stated to restrict and tax them bikes into submission...
Tuff to read that about AutoMoto...