PDA

View Full Version : scooters

dwint51
03-31-2013, 10:29 AM
Hey guys I built my own harley chopper and now buying a roketa two stroke.mr-07t-50 twelve inch tires.I've heard of all the b.s about these but I've had over forty bikes and work on my own bikes so I shouldn't have a problem fixing them.I am confused about performance parts.this model looks like a bahama four stroke but its a two.where do you get parts for these cheap scooters.tired of riding without a licence so here in n.c 50cc is legal without a license.

teddy554
03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
well if you want name brands or cheap off branded stuff it out there every where some things to remember for you motor 1e40qmb,Minarelli horizontal,jog, long case, are some names it will be called, a lot of scooter havediferent names but use the same motor so dont stress the name of the scooter so much when searching parts but something you need to identify is what size you wrist pin is and variater shaft which will be important with big bore kits and any performance variator that you buy and here is a copied how to from scrappydogs
MINARELLI 2STROKE PISTON PIN SIZE DIFFERENCE , 10MM vs 12MM
and variator size difference

Hey MO! How the heck do I know if my Minarelli based engine has a 12mm or 10mm wrist pin, without taking it all apart first? - Confused in Chicago

Our knowledge database is growing, but we know a few things. Adly's and Hammerheads are 10, so are the Italian Minarelli engines like Malaguti, Italjet, Beta, and Aprillia. The 12mm pin is found on later CDI's, chinese JOG-2T, Vento Triton. These engines are poplular in 2-stroke full size scooters and ATVs such as Malaguti, Yamati, United Motors X-Speed, Aprilla, CPI, Benelli, Vento, Eton, Adly and many more. Italian made units tend to use 10mm pins (Chinese JOG 2T clones tend to use 12mm) please measure and check before ordering. Certain brands such as CPI / United Motors / Muz older models used 10mm newer post 2004 use 12mm. All Italian made models use the 10mm such as Aprilia / Malaguti / Italjet that are Yamaha Minarelli based.
Probably the most accurate, without complete disassembly, is to measure the inside diameter of your variator pulley. If it is 21mm, your wrist pin is 12mm. If it is 18mm, your wrist pin is 10mm. You can also count the number of splines on the outer variator face where it mates with the crank. The smaller 18/10mm crank has 17 splines, the larger 21/12mm crank has 15. The larger crank was originally designed for the JOG90 engine, but comes in 50cc too. Also, don't confuse your Minarelli 2stroke with the Franco Morini type two stroke found in TGB R5 Laser, Key West, 101S, the Suzuki Address, and some Italjets. These kits are also available from Scrappydogs, as they are authorized dealers for TGB products.
Hope this helps. MO!
Here are our Minarelli based parts link.

Some links to parts but the cpi oliver city should have the same motor has your scooter if you want to look for parts under it but remember about the wrist pin you need to find out wither its 10mm or 12mm before ordering a bbk
http://www.spmotostore.com/category_s/3114.htm
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/index.php?sessID=2b36c1f7165c6e1ea0acc1179516d452
http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/50cc_2stroke_Performance.html

dwint51
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Ok thanks .a guy I spoke to was suppose to be a tech and he told me I think its a gy6 clone.so this style I'm about to buy is yamahas copy and not the honda?I guess I'll have to see what numbers are on this scooter or start counting teeth.

teddy554
03-31-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok thanks .a guy I spoke to was suppose to be a tech and he told me I think its a gy6 clone.so this style I'm about to buy is yamahas copy and not the honda?I guess I'll have to see what numbers are on this scooter or start counting teeth.
Yeah the 4t are the gy6 clone of the honda motor the 2t are the Minarelli and jog clone but a little different

dwint51
03-31-2013, 06:44 PM
I want a performance pipe and called a few places and still can't help me out.every scooter is going to have different curves and mounting brackets.so when I tell them what model I'm buying what's the problem? Its a roketa mcr-07t-50 two stroke with 12 inch wheels

teddy554
03-31-2013, 08:52 PM
I want a performance pipe and called a few places and still can't help me out.every scooter is going to have different curves and mounting brackets.so when I tell them what model I'm buying what's the problem? Its a roketa mcr-07t-50 two stroke with 12 inch wheels

No every scooter doesnt have different mounting brackets i can name a hundred scooter that can use the same pipe if its a chinese 2t with 12in rims it is most likliy 1e40qmb motor i know exactly what scooter you are talking about from the third picture on the bottom http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/roketa-mcr-07t-50-2-stroke-49cc-scooter-top-speed-40-mph-fully-assembled.html i can assure you any 1e40qmb pipe minirill clone will fit any of this will fit mind you none fit perfect ever http://www.spmotostore.com/category_s/316.htm

dwint51
03-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks you've a big help.will mine be horizontal or vertical

teddy554
03-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks you've a big help.will mine be horizontal or vertical

horizontal, i believe no one makes the vertical motors anymore

dwint51
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Great thanks a lot.so I look for the specific motor number or minerrly jog and I will be able to get a pipe that will it hat model?

teddy554
04-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Great thanks a lot.so I look for the specific motor number or minerrly jog and I will be able to get a pipe that will it hat model?
What are you looking to spend a pipe the stage 6 pro replica is known to be the best pipe on the market for street use and is under 200 bucks but you got to facter in wither you will use a bbk or not some pipes are better suited for 50cc cylinder here are some pipe shoot outs
exhaust shootout http://www.tuningmatters.com/2012/05/17/review-the-ultimate-scooter-tuning-exhaust-comparison-test/
stock 50 shootout no stage 6 http://www.petrolmag.net/view/articles/features/50cc-scooter-exhaust-shootout/
another http://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/sports-exhaust-testing-50cc-and-70cc-sports-mopeds-part-one

teddy554
04-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Also remember you will have to re jet the carb for a pipe

dwint51
04-01-2013, 07:51 AM
I live in n.c and can't get a license but I can ride a scoot 50cc and under.if a bbk hac 70 ccs on them I don't want it.from what I'm told there is a tag on the frame saying what model and cc you have.I will probably hold off on the bbk and get what's best for 50cc.the scoot is 184 dry and I'm 175 so I don't no what would be a good choice as far as variaters or clutch parts.I like top end but we have a lot of hills in the mountains here also

prodigit
04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
BBK is the way to go.

Other than that, a taller gear would cost and be difficult to install, but pair that with lighter rollers, and you have more top speed, while better acceleration and hill climbing.

dwint51
04-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Ok thanks.that's a big differance in cc s I guess.I'm getting different answers on the engine it has some say its atwo stroke gy6 some say minarelli

inuyasha
04-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Ok thanks.that's a big differance in cc s I guess.I'm getting different answers on the engine it has some say its atwo stroke gy6 some say minarelli
Hi
GY6 engines and their clones are all 4 stroke minarellis and their clones are all 2 stroke
There are no 2 stroke gy6 engines
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

dwint51
04-02-2013, 02:23 AM
I've seen three different company's sell this model and they claim 45 mph+ stock.maybe on a 95 pound woman down hill with a ten mph down wind.for now I'm going to get a good pipe and stronger clutch springs.four gram roller weights and a uni filter and see if that helps me get maybe 3mph more.I want top end but I don't want to go up hills at 15 mph.these curvy roads around here are dangerous.besides rejetting am I missing anything for starters?thanks to the guys that have been helping me.I'm retired and its time to play with a new toy.I was happy when I built my harleys and got all the bugs out.now its been finished I need a new project

teddy554
04-02-2013, 08:03 AM
I've seen three different company's sell this model and they claim 45 mph+ stock.maybe on a 95 pound woman down hill with a ten mph down wind.for now I'm going to get a good pipe and stronger clutch springs.four gram roller weights and a uni filter and see if that helps me get maybe 3mph more.I want top end but I don't want to go up hills at 15 mph.these curvy roads around here are dangerous.besides rejetting am I missing anything for starters?thanks to the guys that have been helping me.I'm retired and its time to play with a new toy.I was happy when I built my harleys and got all the bugs out.now its been finished I need a new project
Not sure what kind of cdi this scooter uses but will have to make sure its not restricted and buy a lot of different sizes of jets if you keep the stock cylinder 78-90 jets and not sure what carb this thing uses either so as to what jets to use i am not sure (Mikuni Large round main jets) but all the info you can provide on this scooter would be helpful for the next person

dwint51
04-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks I'm buying it tomorrow

dwint51
04-06-2013, 12:26 AM
I'm buying a two stroke and getting a performance pipe.from my expierience with other bikes I usually get away with going up one size on the main.its a miarelli clone. Any suggestions would be appreciated

dwint51
04-06-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm told this is a mierelli clone engine.I want a performance pipe but noone seems to no this model.how do I order one