PDA

View Full Version : Dash issues CPI GTR 50

Jellofingers
03-31-2013, 04:09 AM
I as so baffled :s I have a CPI GTR 50 and I was pricing Speedometer / Odometer Dash units, $600 plus! The reason I was looking because mine lit up with the background lighting, showed headlights on and that is it. No speedometer, odometer, fuel, or RPMs. Today I hooked up a stereo unit to the bike and had unplugged the positive terminal. After I had finished, I attached my power to the battery terminal and the dash light up, it showed everything and the RMP went up and back down, guessing it was the boot up. then it went blank so I started the bike and again the dash light up as before with back lighting and headlight indicator, but nothing else. So, I reconnected the power again and it booted, but when I started the bike again nothing, but the same as before... I am going crazy about this. I repeated the process a fer more times, same thing.

teddy554
03-31-2013, 08:22 AM
Have you check the connector in the plugs from the dash unit to make sure they are making a good connection, also check all your grounds wires.I would test to see if you have juice before and after the plug. Most speeds have a plug connection 10-12 from the back of the speedo

Jellofingers
04-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Thanks, I will look for that

Jellofingers
04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
well, the kid who had the bike before me tore out almost all the wiring from the dash unit... My gosh what a mess. The Dash unit has 13 wires.. Finding grounds may be a little more than I can handle, Engines are way more my speed. these are the wires:
Red
Black
Grey / blue stripe
Green
Green / Red stripe
Tan (light brown) looks Orange in the blury picture, sorry about that
Yellow
Dark Green
Dark Blue
Red / White stripe
Light Green / Yellow stripe
Dark Brown
White / Red stripe
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/5307/1000084q.jpg

Jellofingers
04-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I will be posting a youtube vid tonight to show what it does...

Jellofingers
04-02-2013, 01:39 AM
here is a quick look at what my dash does, or rather what it doesn't do.. Now ever you want to look at it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf4Kgxx7eAI&feature=player_embedded