PDA

View Full Version : I have a quick question guys :) (i'm also new)

Realkit92
03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
So, hi everyone! i'm new and i have a few questions i have a 2003 Quijang (sp?) 50cc two stroke scooter. I'm not sure if the oil mixer is working so i'm just mixing the oil myself, recently i've replaced the coil and spark plug and put in a new battery and she runs great! tops out at 30mph though, which is good. However i'm trying to figure out a few preferably cheap performance upgrades to maybe get up to 35-40mph, because my current vehicle (Jeep 4x4 ;) ) is going to be put up on blocks for some welding. So i was curious what you guys could recommend to me :) Thank you,

Kit.

teddy554
03-27-2013, 05:45 PM
honestly i think your cdi is restricted if it wont go over 35 i would replace that or check the cvt and make sure there is no restriction any 2t scoot should be able to do over 35 pretty easily but the best bang for the buck is a bbk imo and make all other mods look pointless. Do you know the engine code on your scooter it will be on the motor down by the center stand on the left side or near the shock mount on the motor

techie610
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM
I would replace the CDI with a new NYC Racing CDI.
Next, Check the weights in the Variator.
Heavy Weights = Top end, Slower take-off
Lighter Weights = Snappy Take-off and Accl., less top speed

andrewrides1
03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
perf cdi, coil, bbk, bigger jet, free flow filter, taller gears, after market exhaust ect. ect. ect. is what i would do but i just like doing stuff to my bike. if your looking for a cheap way to make your 2-stroke faster try deristricting it by taking off the restrictor ring on the variator, putting a new cdi on it, free flow filter, bigger jet which is only a couple bucks, heavier variator weights for the top end you want, and unfortunantly to get the full benifit of your 2-strokes power over the 4 get a aftermarket exhaust which will run you about $100+ or you could just deristrict that too by cutting off the restrictor on that. there are some youtube videos on that and pretty much everything else just search. And be sure to tune your carb after any major adjustments or you could fall victim to some problems.

skuttadawg
03-28-2013, 10:00 PM
http://www.scootnfast.com/scooter/Tuning_mods/De-Restricting.htm

Realkit92
04-03-2013, 03:35 PM
thank you everyone :) so another question :) was doing doing about 34-35mph on the scoot and i went over a dip instantly the scoot slowed down, to 25, now i'm bogging out the engine when i hit the throttle, any ideas? :/ also it's only getting up to 10mph now

techie610
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Check the carb. May have the float or needle stuck, or a jet got loose. Shouldnt be a big deal.