PDA

View Full Version : Honda Reflex body repair

Oldnewb
03-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm brand new to scoots. I've been reading the Scoot Dawg forums for a couple of months and after a LOT of looking I just bought a 2003 Honda Reflex 250 a few days ago. Last night I plowed into the back of my sweet little wife's car while "parking" in the garage.
I wanna fix it myself. I'm a retired carpenter and pretty handy. The damage is to the primary member that wraps the front of the scooter below the windshield and around the lights. I've removed all connections in the panel itself, but the panel isn't ready to move. Do I need to remove the member that carries the windshield first?
I believe I'll be able to handle the repair process OK, but I don't want to brutalize my new scoot any more while I disassemble it. Got a service manual CD en route.
Any disassemble advise would be very much appreciated. :scoot: Thanks Dave

scootnwinn
03-24-2013, 12:44 AM
I hate to say it but I would wait for the cd it looks rather complicated and I know the manual I have for the Suzuki actually makes the complicated plastic removal much easier by showing the order to remove things in and also where all the locking tabs are hiding...

Oldnewb
03-24-2013, 01:17 AM
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. In my search for info I found a series of photos of the same body member for a 2006 Reflex. In addition to the anchor points accepting threaded fasteners, I see what looks like some aluminum 'clips' that look like they are designed to 'hang'. If I'm right, that means the body part that anchors the wind screen has to come off first. Also, it looks like that may be the only way to remove the headlight lense's. I'm sorta talking myself into trying this approach, but a confirmation would make me more comfortable. Thanks again for your time. I may wait for that CD. :scoot: Dave

scootnwinn
03-24-2013, 10:52 AM
if it is the entire front cowl your talking about those aluminum clips are basically nuts... It looks like the Speedo assembly may be attached as well... Have a good long look at it if you do it without the manual. Pull gently to see where the attachments are and then figure out how its attached. Go slow and thoughtfully its basically a giant plastic puzzle

Also at least on mine, some parts come off with violent plastic breaking noises that's part of the "fun"