PDA

View Full Version : Lance Phoenix 150-18T running issue

peterscooter
03-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Bought new in crate. When I assembled it, I only finger tightened battery pos and neg. Of course after a few weeks they worked lose and stalled the scoot. But after tightening correctly, the bike won't charge battery. Once started, I can disconnect battery completely and bike keeps running. ...Tried replacing volt regulator (it's 6 pin on the 150-18T instead of the old 4 pin cy6). Still won't charge... dealer told me probably the stat... but why would bike keep running with battery disconnected, plus the stat is a real pain to replace for me without owning a workshop. Anyone familiar or had same problem? Thanks in advance, dawgs!

scootnwinn
03-23-2013, 10:03 AM
If the battery won't take a charge sometimes it needs to be charged on an actual battery charger. Unfortunately so few of these new scooter batteries ever get the initial charging and it dramatically shortens their usable life. Don't replace anything without verifying it needs replacement. Try pulling your battery out and having it tested and charged at a automotive store its free... If you need a new battery follow the instructions it comes with to the letter and you will be glad you did. I don't think it's your stator... Do you have a multimeter? Buy one when you are having that battery tested...

jmstar09
04-19-2013, 03:22 PM
stator went bad on you due to the loose connections. maybe fried the reg too.

DW
04-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Put the battery on a 2amp charger over night. Start the engine and check for increase in volts on the terminals. Anything over 14.5v sustained is too high for charging and means regulator problems.

Crash4723
05-11-2013, 03:55 AM
I would really like to know if you found the issue?