PDA

View Full Version : Scoot problems

conorclarke201
03-22-2013, 05:26 AM
so i have my all modded up kaitong 2011 scoot works well enough and then one day i go from making good speeds of 35-45 and now im hardly able to make 20 any ideas why this would happen im lost as to the reasoning ive done most of this work myself and we have hardly any mechanics on this island that will work on 4 strokes so im kinda stuck doing it myself so any help would be nice aloha Conor

prodigit
03-22-2013, 06:29 AM
There are probably as many possible reasons as there are possible problems on a scoot.
I mean, with the info given it could be a lot of things...

It could be a worn belt, that needs replacement, or a not fully inflated tire (most common I believe).
It could be you just where unlucky to ride with wind against or uphill.
It could be that you're riding short trips and the engine does not warm up enough.
It could be that it's time for an oilchange,
It could be a lot of things, but these are just but a few possibilities...

MEAN_MOTOFINO
03-22-2013, 11:15 AM
Check fuel filter and check for sufficient fuel flow when vacuum is applied to the Fuel Cock. It will be the outer most nipple , where a hose runs to the engine. Just suck on it and see if fuel flows steadily.

antchainscoot
03-22-2013, 11:27 AM
I had this issue a little over two weeks ago with the 150cc. Not sure this is your problem. I removed the carb top with the two screws where the springs pop out. I put it back on but didn't tighten one of the screws enough. Air was getting in between the carb. I started to ride but it wouldn't go faster than my 50cc scooter. Came back after a half mile ride to the house. Tightened the screw and the 150cc was back to normal.

teddy554
03-22-2013, 07:24 PM
i would adjust the valves

conorclarke201
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
and yesterday it dies completely just stopped i opened up the cvt belt isent broken so idk i changed the oil also a few days back idk prolly got to take it to a real mechanic lol

Jellofingers
03-31-2013, 04:45 AM
I had that issue before I was hit but a truck on my Kait, it turned out, I changed my Spark plug (gaping properly) and the replaced the coil. That did the trick for me.