PDA

View Full Version : Final stretch! Last time (Hopefully)!

99owned
03-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Hey guys I got this Hyosung sense running finally! Was revving, idling, and more! Lol...

Go to take it off the stand, roll it to the front yard, while running, it dies. Starts back up with WOT, and leaks gas from underneath the auto choke, (theres a little hole) Doesn't leak when it's on center stand, Leaks when it is off. Also, I tried unplugging it once the engine was warm, still no luck. Same thing, leaking gas out. I did realise that none of the electricals were working, no lights, no nothing! Hmmmmm wierd. Wondering if it isn't linked to what ever electrical issue I am having.

PS: It is running way rich when it's off the center stand, you have to hold it WOT. To run any at all. and smokes like a chimney@!

scootnwinn
03-20-2013, 09:13 PM
Float needle is stuck open or not properly seating... Be careful running tons of fuel into your crankcase.

99owned
03-20-2013, 09:56 PM
How would it not be stuck open or whatever if it's on the center stand, but as soon as it goes off of it, it does? o.O

scootnwinn
03-20-2013, 10:02 PM
perhaps it's stuck open because the float is improperly adjusted and the fuel reaches the over flow pipe only when the rear wheel is lifted and dumps into the cylinder when not. One way or the other when fuel is gushing out it is coming through the needle either because it is not properly seating or because the fuel pressure is too high

99owned
03-20-2013, 10:54 PM
hmm, but again, it's not coming out of the overflow tube... You know how the auto chokes have a need right? It seems as if there is a hole where that needle rests. And it's coming out from underneath that needle for the autochoke. Which is really getting to me

scootnwinn
03-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Did you have the auto choke off?

99owned
03-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, see, I unplugged it to see if it would change, and nothing changed. XD

scootnwinn
03-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Did you put it back together? Picture might help. All the gaskets and everything back on or is it just open? It probably is "normal" if the auto choke assembly is off. Try plugging the orifices temporarily with something see if that changes anything...

99owned
03-20-2013, 11:15 PM
hmm see, I have two of the exact scoots. Everything is exactly the same on the other, It works fine now, this one how ever, Doesn't. I will take it back apart tomorrow, and blast the float needle hole thoroughly and maybe use some compressed air too

PS im going to sleep haha good night and thanks for your help!

scootnwinn
03-21-2013, 12:07 AM
switch carbs if you can and see if it has the same issue on the other one... That should narrow down what is going on...

99owned
03-21-2013, 06:32 PM
Good idea, will do that tomorrow when I have some help, Too cold and lonely to do anything right now haha