PDA

View Full Version : for the love of god

andrewrides1
03-18-2013, 05:53 PM
my scooter was running pretty good until 3 weeks ago. its been bogging down ive stared several post for help but nothing seems to work. ive checked the petcock. i just put a brand new carb on, havnt adjusted it yet though. have a spark, battery is good ect ect ect. im so fed up at the moment please help.

scootnwinn
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Valves were adjusted head bolts checked...?

scootnwinn
03-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Compression checking is on the horizon perhaps...

andrewrides1
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Valves were adjusted head bolts checked...? i adjusted the valves about 100 miles ago. dont know about the head bolts. and i dont have a compression tester any other ideas?

scootnwinn
03-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Double check the valves and put a wrench on the head bolts while your in there just to be certain.

A poor test (but somewhat helpful) of the compression can be done with the spark plug out. Put your thumb over the hole and have a buddy crank the engine. If it is good(ish) you will not have a prayer keeping your thumb over the hole. If you can there's your problem. I assume its bogging just off idle?? Adjust that carb before you get into too much else get everything as right as you can and then we can go from there with more...

andrewrides1
03-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Double check the valves and put a wrench on the head bolts while your in there just to be certain.

A poor test (but somewhat helpful) of the compression can be done with the spark plug out. Put your thumb over the hole and have a buddy crank the engine. If it is good(ish) you will not have a prayer keeping your thumb over the hole. If you can there's your problem. I assume its bogging just off idle?? Adjust that carb before you get into too much else get everything as right as you can and then we can go from there with more...
thanks i will do that. keep you posted.

andrewrides1
03-19-2013, 01:57 AM
got it running thanks for the help.

50cc
03-19-2013, 02:26 AM
got it running thanks for the help.

You can as well mention how you did fix it so people with similar issues can profit from this thread.

scootnwinn
03-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Yes what fixed it?

andrewrides1
03-22-2013, 12:56 PM
i moved the fuel needle down a couple notches it was getting too much fuel and flooding. and adjusted carb. runs like new now. thanks.

andrewrides1
03-22-2013, 01:03 PM
just thought i might add i got it up to a all time high of 49mph. i give credit to the new 20mm carb. thanks