PDA

View Full Version : Tao Tao title problems

scootbrad
03-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi all. Just got here from the old forum. Anyway, i bought a Tao Tao ATM50-A from ProvenPowersports.com a while ago. I have the MCO and bill of sale. Today i went to the dmv here in Chicago and they said they wouldn't accept the MCO because it was missing a stamp. It's signed by me and the dealer. Does anyone know what they mean? Do i need to have it notarized? Any help would be appreciated.

4getful2
03-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Unless they've changed the rules. I live in ill. and titled my daughter's tao tao 50 last spring and the only three things i needed to bring was the mco, the sales reciept, and my check book.
The gal even made me a copy of the orig. mco to keep.
If the mco is signed and has their business address, that should be all they need.
Try a different dmv or go there when they are not busy.

scootbrad
03-16-2013, 03:51 PM
God i hate the dmv. Its like the make the rules up as they go and no one knows the answers to anything. Do you have a pic of your MCO? I talked to the title manager and he wouldn't accept it. He says it needs to be stamped but i have no idea what that means. Does yours have some sort of stamp from the manufacturer on it?

4getful2
03-16-2013, 04:26 PM
I think it's whether they FEEL like doing it today.:)
I don't remember any stamp or seal. I did find my mco for my rhino clone side by side ,which i never titled, and it's not stamped anywhere.
On the top it's got the name of manufacter, vin#,year, make,model, dealer name and autograph.
I'll keep diggin'

jct842
03-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Judging all of what I have heard the last few years, it might be wise to take it to a different office. Here in Ar, a friend wanted to register a jap mini truck that had never been titled in USA. The first state office said it could not be done. Second one worked fine and he has plates all all. I do believe they make up rules on the spot subject to change hourly.` john

scootbrad
03-26-2013, 05:45 PM
Quick update. I got a friend who is a notary to notarize the back of the title and went to a different dmv. This time, i got no questions of a stamp. However, i had to get a money order and they stated that an edict had come down that they have to send all scooter title and plate registrations to the main office in springfield, il. So, they sent it away to springfield and the plate will be mailed to me. Who knows how long that will be but the guy said apparently there where a string of stolen scooter registration they where trying to bust. So whatever, i'll let you know if and when i recieve my plates. I bought my scooter from provenpowersports.com by the way.

teddy554
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
I think it's whether they FEEL like doing it today.:)
I don't remember any stamp or seal. I did find my mco for my rhino clone side by side ,which i never titled, and it's not stamped anywhere.
On the top it's got the name of manufacter, vin#,year, make,model, dealer name and autograph.
I'll keep diggin'

I think it is a case of under trained and under educated people working at some of the Dmv's office, the laws are so confusing it would make a highly educated person have trouble understanding most state laws has to what is and isnt allowed

jct842
03-27-2013, 01:32 AM
It's pretty much the same no matter which state you are talking about. If they have no interest in a scooter or bike it seems they could care less.