PDA

View Full Version : Animals!!!

scootnwinn
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
On the way in this morning a coyote ran in front of the bike. I of course aimed right for him and as usual he wasn't there when I got there. Point is when an animal is on a potential collision course aim right for them, its the last place they will be. Any one else have any good advice dealing with our four-legged friends??

Admin
03-15-2013, 06:09 PM
lmao Good advice! :D

teddy554
03-15-2013, 08:37 PM
hope the dont get caught like a deer in the headlights

4getful2
03-16-2013, 04:00 PM
If it's any bigger than a bunny rabbit and far enough away to avoid it ,try to, otherwise , yer in for a lifestyle change.
Out here in corn country, we see our share of deer, i've just learned to toot the the horn and the animals seem to move.
On my majesty, it has that lil air dam-gap, between the windshield and front fender, it whistles i don't know if they hear that or the horn first.

danno711
03-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Sorry Rob, I don't mean to hijack your thread, but this topic reminded me of this classic ..

CI8UPHMzZm8

inuyasha
03-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi Rob
I use these on all my motor vehicles with very good results
http://deerwhistle.com/
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

dudley
03-17-2013, 07:51 PM
If its more than your family can eat in a single sitting, it's best to avoid hitting them.

scootnwinn
03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Guys you don't aim at them intending to hit them you aim at them because they will not likely be were they are at when you reach that spot. You do not adjust your aim from the spot you first saw them at after the initial aiming... If for some reason your beeping and what not doesn't move them you can break right or left at the last second but aim for the spot they are in when you initially see them. Yes, apply the brakes yes, prepare for further action. Most animals won't wait for you to hit them...

rockie
03-19-2013, 03:21 AM
On the way in this morning a coyote ran in front of the bike. I of course aimed right for him and as usual he wasn't there when I got there. Point is when an animal is on a potential collision course aim right for them, its the last place they will be. Any one else have any good advice dealing with our four-legged friends??

That's exactly what I do. My wife thinks i am trying to kill animals. But really, a lot of the time if you try to miss them you'll hit them. Of course I slow down also. :shrug:

scootnwinn
03-19-2013, 09:36 AM
I slow down too...