PDA

View Full Version : Honda Aero 50 Engine Re-fresh

eorcdave
03-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi Group! I have a 83 and 85 Honda Aero 50 and I wanted to freshen up the engines with new piston, rings and cylinder. Honda doesn't make these parts and I was wondering if someone could recommend a vendor that sells a kit to freshen up these scooters. Also, I would prefer a stock replacement (50cc) to rebuild these engines so I don't have to fool around with the carb jetting etc. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Dave.

inuyasha
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Hi Dave
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
You can find alot of info that may be of help to you here
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Welcome. Just curious why you thought they would need any parts? How many miles on them? If its less than 10000 good chance all they need is a battery a good fuel system flush and clean, gas, oil, and a wrist to twist the throttle...

sbcwinn
05-16-2013, 09:30 AM
My buddy had an Aero 50. (I have an Aero 80). Anyway he suped up his scoot to keep up with me. Big bore kit. New variator and new weights. Performance carb etc. Know what? The scoot was finished after 3,000 kms.

You can purchase third part parts, jus make certain that you are not pushing the scoot beyond its design limitations.