PDA

View Full Version : Automoto ride in high wind/rain

Admin
03-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Pretty neat to go along for a ride inside one during inclement weather :shrug2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZgWBQsARh0

Swordsman
03-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I've been researching these pretty heavily in case the Elio Motors project falls through. My current bike, a 2010 Ural T, gets about the same MPG as my '08 Mustang GT. I NEED something that gets good MPG that I can pick up relatively cheap. All-weather commuting would be a huge bonus (hence my interest in the Elio). If I could squeeze 55-60 mph out of one of these, it could be a nice compromise between my current ride and the Elio. With it's current 150cc GY6, it tends to max out around 45-50 mph though.... just slow enough to cause me problems on HWY 140. :doh:

~SM

inuyasha
03-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I've been researching these pretty heavily in case the Elio Motors project falls through. My current bike, a 2010 Ural T, gets about the same MPG as my '08 Mustang GT. I NEED something that gets good MPG that I can pick up relatively cheap. All-weather commuting would be a huge bonus (hence my interest in the Elio). If I could squeeze 55-60 mph out of one of these, it could be a nice compromise between my current ride and the Elio. With it's current 150cc GY6, it tends to max out around 45-50 mph though.... just slow enough to cause me problems on HWY 140. :doh:

~SM
Hi
I hope that goes into production as well, i would love to have one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-SawjhfwQk
Take care and riode safely
Yours Hank

Swordsman
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I made a reservation for one. I'll have to sell my Ural to pay for it (which sucks... I love that bike!), but the family finances have to come first. This thing would solve a lot of my problems.

spandi
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Every time I see someone pull into a grocery store in one of those giant 8 foot tall SUV's, I ask myself "What do you need with a vehicle 1/3 the size of a Greyhound bus to carry one small child and a bag of groceries?"
And how long before we, collectively, as a species have to Pay-The-Piper for such ego enhancing, mindless, waste?

scootnwinn
03-13-2013, 02:34 PM
That piper paying day is coming soon very soon...