PDA

View Full Version : All Shook Up This Morning

spandi
03-11-2013, 01:47 PM
We got a 4.7 earthquake here. (everybody was running outdoors) Hope when the "Big One" hits I'm parked on my scoot in the middle of nowhere, or at least a place with no buildings around. :ugh:

inuyasha
03-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Hi
This one? must have been quite a shock
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/national/52-earthquake-hits-southern-california-felt-from-san-diego-to-los-angeles
Im so very relieved that you are safe and sound my friend
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

spandi
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Yeah, that's the one Hank. I guess it's the price for living in paradise and being able to ride all year long. But it scared the neighbors (and me too come to think of it.) But you only notice that AFTER it stops shaking.

Admin
03-11-2013, 02:53 PM
I felt my first earthquake ever almost 2 years ago. It was very weird. Sitting in my chair and things just starting to sway back and forth ever so lightly.. made me think I was dizzy or something. Then I could see the pull chords on the lamp clank together, so I knew it wasn't in my head. Sure enuough a couple seconds later it was all over the news.

It was a cool thing to experience, but I hope I never get to be a part of a bigger one. :D

spandi
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah, it is a bit disconcerting when the floor is SLIDING sideways :wtf:

savy09
03-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Stay safe Spandl,
Been through 4 or 5 bad hurricanes in Fl and SC, one came back and hit us twice! only1 earthquake on lawg-guy- iland !

spandi
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll be on my scoot and far from falling objects when "mutha" nature cuts loose full fury. :s

prodigit
03-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Reminds me of an old folklore (usually horror) story:

Flee to the hills ye say?
Neigh! The lights, and the thunder, and the winds will catch thee!

Flee to the lowlands, and hide under the earth ye say?
Neigh, the earth shall openeth it's belly for thee, and eateth thee!

Flee to the shore ye say?
Neigh the waters shall swallow thee!

Whereth shalt we go then, ye ask?

Goeth where the winds don't strike, and the earth is not hungry, and the seas are a far end off. Go where the lightning and thunder are not heard much!

Or something... Lol :)