PDA

View Full Version : Very important question and confession

scootnwinn
03-07-2013, 01:34 AM
Ok I confess I am a geek a huge sci-fi geek. Now I don't dress up like an alien and attend conventions for my vacation but still, a geek. Now I was raised in the eighties mostly so Star Wars and Star Trek were often on in my house and I saw them all in the theatre. So I have always pretended to be in star wars or whatever so basically I don't ride the bike quite often but rather "pilot" it. So when the brights go on it is setting "forward sensors to full". All other vehicles except other motorcycles are the Empire and I like that the Burgman has a "trigger" for the brights as it makes destroying them even more realistic. Road signs are of course sensors that must be destroyed. I do this quite often. Maybe I have issues... Any way I will entertain myself like this on the long ride home or any long ride. Any way I thought I would solicit your confessions here either anonymously in the poll or here in the open forum. Please answer the poll so I can see how strange I might be...

dudley
03-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Awesome!
Don't play that, but when I go thru the twisters I am usually saying whoosh, whoosh,thru the turns and then zoom on the way out.and 45 mph is the speed that feels most like flying!
When we walk at night I always hide from cars. If the headlights hit you you're done for.
By the way, cops don't like it when you hide from them.

Houndguy
03-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Normally I just sing LOL.

50cc
03-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Normally I just sing LOL.

+1 me too!! :yay:

and also vocally imitate a bigger GEARED bike... yeah, i know -> :nuts:

:D :D :D

tdsj
03-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Not sure it's much of a confession lol. But I have an orange android silicone case. an orange bic lighter. a orange cigarette case. orange sneakers. orange gloves. And now my 50cc orange vip future champion. Needless to say I love the color orange. Part of it stems from my favorite movie A clockwork orange. And also being an 80's kid I watched and loved the cartoon cat garfield. I live in the same state as the creator so I went to his house one time with my daughter and got a picture. maybe I'll put that up here some time since it's part of my confession of my obsession with ORANGE!

chindog
03-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Funny you should mention this. When the very first Star Wars movie came out, I rode my Kawasaki KZ400 to the theater. But after the movie, I piloted my X-wing fighter home. I thought I had Princess Leia riding passenger, but as it turned out, the ex wife morphed into Darth Vader.

tdsj
03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
but as it turned out, the ex wife morphed into Darth Vader.

Lmao:lmao:

scootnwinn
03-07-2013, 10:12 AM
Chindog the Dark side can come out of anyone yes?

I sing too, as an alternate to this or whenever. I prefer singing the wonderful Spanish road signs/place names I pass and a song I like to call "random Spanish phrases that I know". On the bike I only sing opera always have don't know why???

richardthescooter1
03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
I love Sic-fi, and and I love star trek, and star-gate, yea I'm a geek too. I love it when you get focus hitting the turns, hitting the four lane highway passing cagers and they just look at you like your nuts.

inuyasha
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Rob
Im guilty as well, In fact i even want to take it a step further and buy a few of these riding outfits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJU4ZKIPfo&feature=player_embedded#!
http://www.udreplicas.com
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

prodigit
03-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Not really into this kind of stuff, despite my enormously high appreciation for starwars and star trek.
The furthest I've ever gone was flash a tube light on and off, a few times, at night, unplug the tube, and use it as a lightsabre at night, but that's about it.

I'm not a racer, so the POD-race feeling is not there. Just enjoying some comfy cruising.

Swordsman
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Not a scoot, but I have a '08 Mustang GT that I've decked out like a Transformer. I keep trying to get him to change and punt the slowpokes in front of me, but it hasn't worked yet. He's very stubborn.

~SM

spandi
03-12-2013, 04:27 PM
But Hank do they know about the Dr Who collection as well?

Houndguy
03-13-2013, 12:06 PM
But Hank do they know about the Dr Who collection as well?

They used to, but the scarf kept getting caught up in the rear wheel. :scoot: