PDA

View Full Version : your rollers

bloodymomo
03-05-2013, 04:45 AM
What weight rollers do you use? Why? What's your average top speed? What's your weight if you don't mibd me asking? Feel free to leave any questions blank that you dobt want to answer. Thanks guys this will really help people figure out what rollers will best suit them.

teddy554
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
70cc 2t 4 gram, 2000 clutch and toque springs 280ib 52-53 mph

inuyasha
03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Hi
What works for one scoot may not work for another, there too many variables in how the scoots are setup what parts you have etc
The best way to find the perfect rollers or sliders for your particular scoot and your performance needs is to get a roller tuning kit and experiment with them
http://www.scooterworks.com/prima-roller-weight-tuning-kit--3g-to-14g--16x13-products-1935.php
Once you find the proper weight you want then get a quality set of rollers/sliders as the tuning ones are only for that purpose and not daily use, i recomend Dr pulleys or NYC
If you go with sliders get them 1 gram heavier then your perfect roller weight
I find the tuning kit to be a vital tool to have, when ever i change or modify parts on the scoot i can still dial in the roller weights for my performance needs
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

50cc
03-05-2013, 11:19 AM
50cc, 4-stroke, 7g sliders (stock was 8,5g rollers), top speed is 65 kph flat and 70 kph downhill (40-43 mph). Engine sounds like a symphony and will last forever. I used to have 4g and 5g rollers, but I already thrashed an engine with the 4-grams, so I went heavier. You know, as faster it goes, as quicker it breaks and most of all I need a reliable bike 24/7, so 7 gramm is a good compromise between acceleration and rpm, also fuel consumption went down.

If you go with sliders get them 1 gram heavier then your perfect roller weight
Isn't this just an urban legend? My 7g sliders don't feel like 6g rollers.

MEAN_MOTOFINO
03-05-2013, 03:09 PM
9.8g/12.8g 62mph top speed with 13" rear wheel.

160lbs rider/130lbs Scoot

This is on a 150cc 157qmj.

ltdHPP
03-05-2013, 06:49 PM
230 pound rider, 300pound 150cc scooter (touring frame)
NCY CVT kit also installed...

I have tried the stock 13g rollers, 10g rollers, 8g sliders, 10g sliders, and settled on 8+10=9g sliders.

last top speed check hit 65ChinoMPH and going (downslope), but I let off because rpms were well into the 8k zone. With 8g sliders rpms broke 9k, that's why I went back up in weight.

Acceleration 'felt' best with 8g. With 9g my acceleration rpm is a little less and I feel it up-shift sooner, but it feels like it could be just as quick and the lower rpms are fooling me.

It definitely down-shifts on the larger hills, WOT rpms go UP as the hill starts to slow me down. This (running 9g) is the first time I noticed this happening and leads me to believe i found my sweet spot. I would assume this is lighter than the norm, since I and my scooter are heavier than average.
I am very impressed with how it holds hills, and would be more than willing to race a stock displacement 150cc weighing 100 pounds less :)

millsc
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
It takes time to get the cvt tuned, probably should final tune after all other mods are done, the cam, torque spring,final gears and performance variators change what weight you'll get the best performance from. I've spent over a 100 dollars just on different sliders, i run 9.25 gram dr pulley sliders with performance variator and 1.5k torque spring i weigh 185 pounds. I have a mix of three 9.5 and three 9 gram sliders it maxes out around 8000 rpm. All scoots are different, running a similar set up on my roketa and i run 10 gram sliders on it