PDA

View Full Version : Shiny!!?!!

scootnwinn
03-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Ok so I was thinking about this today as I was lovingly wiping the rain spots off the windshield this evening. When I got my first motorcycle my dad handed me a can of Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish. He said motorcycles should never be dirty and that shiny well cleaned bikes were safer than dirty bikes. He said that taking the time to keep your bike shiny was extremely important. I clean mine almost daily with a touch up cleaner, spray on wipe off, and then deep cleaning every week and waxing once a month. There are lots of benefits to touching every part of your bike often even if it does make the old lady jealous. We often say keep the shiny side up but I say make sure you have a shiny side (and I mean SHINY!). It just might help you to notice something that would put your shiny side down... Be good now. And so do I have OCD? or do all of you like polishing and detailing too?

Admin
03-05-2013, 01:52 AM
I must admit, I'm a clean freak too. It bothers me when I don't have time to clean one of my machines and I have to put it away dirty. lol

MEAN_MOTOFINO
03-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Im the same way. VERY particular about cleanliness!! However my motorcycle shows it better than my scoot, as the scoot is just spray painted :hehe:

scootnwinn
03-05-2013, 02:17 AM
From what I have seen of your bike it is certainly SHINY! All bikes should be that clean

bloodymomo
03-05-2013, 02:24 AM
My scoots filthy. Mainly cuz I rode it into winter and without a heated garage washing was out of the question. Once it warms up she's getting a complete wash down and paint. Then sge will be cleaned every day.

MEAN_MOTOFINO
03-05-2013, 02:28 AM
From what I have seen of your bike it is certainly SHINY! All bikes should be that clean

Thanks!:tup:

Im like you though. Everytime I park it I will wipe any dust off. Then once it cools off I will polish the alum parts and go over the paint to make sure theres no finger prints or anything. The effort is worth it to me.

scootnwinn
03-05-2013, 02:40 AM
My scoots filthy. Mainly cuz I rode it into winter and without a heated garage washing was out of the question. Once it warms up she's getting a complete wash down and paint. Then sge will be cleaned every day.

I don't have a garage either and have been freezing when I wash it everytime the temp is above 32 on a weekend... I can't wait for spring... Spray cleaners that wipe off make it easier but there is mo replacement for soap and water...

50cc
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
I rode mine all winter in snow, mud and salt and never had the urge to clean it, it still looks like s**t right now. However, I clean all lights and reflectors TWICE a day - before going to work and after work before I go back home.

inuyasha
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi Rob
I keep all my vehicles "Ship shape and bristol fashion" for those not familiar with the term
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/ship-shape%20and%20Bristol%20fashion.html
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
03-05-2013, 11:40 AM
"Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion" just means SHINY!!! right??