PDA

View Full Version : Will it be rerun time?

cookees
03-02-2013, 08:14 PM
So here's the $64,000 question.
Will 2013 be a repeat of 2008?

Quick recap:
2008 was the best year to be a scooter dealer... I mean those suckers were flying off the sales floor. I literally had a guy waving money at me as I was unloading a semi and telling me he didn't care what color it was...he wanted one.

Seems conditions are ripe for a repeat.

What's your take?

scootnwinn
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
tough call. Things are certainly not the best out there and gas prices are climbing. There are a lot more used ones out there than there were in 2008.

cookees
03-03-2013, 09:22 PM
My personal 2 cents is that it's all related to perceived gas pricing/shortages.
Scooters in the US will never be thought of as a viable alternative til gas gets north of $6 a gal.

scootnwinn
03-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I agree. I'm not looking forward to that though as nice as it may be to see a lot of scooters on the road...

Guest_3
03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Out here I have friends calling almost everyday asking where I got my scooters.

They are losing their jobs left and right and want a cheap ride for the summer.

prodigit
03-03-2013, 09:52 PM
If global warming continues to proceed, not in FL!
But yes, lots of scoots. It's going to be like China, vietnam or Japan. Lots of small cars, scoots, and bikes.
USA is about the only country left where the majority of people still ride around in an expensive SUV or truck, or car with a 6cylinder engine, or at least a 2,4liter engine.

In europe most insurances cap cars at 2 liter (2000cc). They're a lot more expensive above that. And most scooters are 150cc or less.
Even in Europe a lot of people are changing their minds.
So, scooter year? not really, but I do expect a lot more scooters to be sold in the coming years, and guess what?
More taxes too! Doesn't profit the government those scoots, so they'll find a way to tax 'em more!

scootnwinn
03-03-2013, 09:54 PM
You are very likely right about the taxes