PDA

View Full Version : Differences between two tao tao scooters.

tdsj
03-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I'll start by saying hi, I'm new here. And sadly tao tao is the only thing around me that I can afford. I need it to get back and forth to a job so I can make money. Gotta have money to make money to get something better lol.

Anyways now for the question.

A local little dealer near me sells the standard base model tao tao 50cc which is about 575. And also the tao tao future champion VIP 50cc for 785.

I can afford either one. But I want to know if it's worth it to spring for the VIP. And what the differences are aside from the VIP looking nicer. I'm going on monday 3/4/2013 so I need to cram any information you guys have. ALSO A very important piece of information I'd like aside from looking at a title is there a way to make sure it's the 2013 model and not the 2012 model? :thanks: And I appreciate any help

scootnwinn
03-01-2013, 03:40 PM
There will be a manufacturers tag on the bike indicating the year. I don't know the main differences but I like the looks of the VIP better... Someone here will definitely know...

tdsj
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the info scootwinn

bloodymomo
03-01-2013, 07:44 PM
As a vip owner,I'm biased but the vip is awesome

tdsj
03-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Sounds nice. If you see this again, what year and color is yours? When I get mine it is going to be orange either way. And I will walk out if they don't have orange still in stock. But I spoke with the guy over the phone and he said they have it in stock. I know that is a little picky. But 600-900 is a lot of money to me to not be happy with what I'm getting. And a can of spray paint wont cut it lol. I've tried it before with less than satisfactory results.

prodigit
03-01-2013, 08:23 PM
As an owner of the ATM, I can only say that the Pre-2012 VIPs where a piece of crap.
I see most of them in the repair shops across town.
More than the ATMS.
The atm's are fast, easy to maintain, and solid. My experience.

The VIPS are larger, but all TAO exhausts rust like hell!

If the stock model is the ATM50, get that one!
It's faster, it's lighter, it's just overall a better performing scoot IMHO (especially with BP Premium fuel).

tdsj
03-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Lol I didn't think this was going to be an easy decision. I have a vote for both now. So now I am kind of torn between the two. As of for the exhaust I wonder if the auto parts store may sell a high heat resistant spray to cover the muffler. During the winter time they use sand on the roads here, So I don't have to worry about salt. But we get a good amount of rain so that is something I will definitely have to look into. At first I was thinking why would the ATM be faster and more reliable than the VIP which costs more. But you make a point with it being lighter it has less to haul. But I still wonder if it's enough to make a difference. But I'm still keeping my eyes open for new posts on this thread to see if anyone wants to chime in their experience. And thanks to those that have given their opinion so far.

millsc
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM
The vip is bigger than the atm if your tall, choose the vip. Im 6'4 and my stepson has a xyqt50 looks just like an atm, its too small for me, its not comfortable.

tdsj
03-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Well I am 5'7 and 5'8 with my boots on. Lol gotta include every inch I can. I weigh about 198. Is the xyqt50 the same as the ATM? What likes/dislikes do you have about both the xyqt50 and VIP

teddy554
03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Dont buy the atm they are junk imo prodigit is the only person i ever hear talk good about them, i have bought two of them both blue, straight junk to any other scooter i have owned which is 9 scooters counting the two atm, and like mention earlier they are bigger and better suited for a adult to ride plus the come with pegs for a second rider

prodigit
03-02-2013, 07:46 PM
There are plenty of ATM lovers on the forum. Also plenty of ATM's and VIPs on South Beach. Yet the only ones I see in the garages are the VIPs. Seemingly they just ramble apart.
As far as size, the ATM is very small, however, I'm, 6'3" and if I sit on the passenger's seat I still have about 1 ft of leg/knee space in front of me.
I'm 6'3" and sit most comfortable on the place between driver's and the passenger's seat.
It's pretty comfy for me!

The ATM is a one person rider. I can ride with my wife, but my legs would have to be open in order to be able to sit on the drivers seat.
You really don't want to haul 2 people on a 50cc anyway. Way too slow! But should you want to, the ATM does not have passenger pegs, but it has incavings in the body, where the passenger can put his/her feet; at the edge of the floorboard.

As far as speed goes, the ATM beats the competition right out of the water!
With good fuel, and pumped tires, even at 200+LBS you can reach 40-45MPH (I'm 170LBS on a good day 160BS, and can go 48-53MPH tops).
Most VIPs aren't that fast.

Then again, perhaps I'm lucky and got the only good ATM out there.
However I spoke to another user who has an ATM, and he too had no issues with it!
From the factory, all bolts sealed with a sealing agent like locktite.
All I had to do was to mount the hose clips on the correct spots (under the seat there are few hoses. The clips are on the hoses, but not on the right spot, so I moved them; a 5 - 10 minute job).
Also, if you're into perfection, the reflectors on mine where installed upside down (the imprinted text was upside down), though in normal circumstances you won't even notice that, since the reflectors are round.

cookees
03-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Sure wish I could join in. We sell very few 50's... has something to do with all the hills here in Western PA. We have tried the Tao-Tao atv's and were less than impressed. There's a new dealer here in town just down the road. He's thrown his lot in with Tao Tao... so we're gonna take a wait and see attitude. However, on a good note, we've picked up some of his customers for service from the quads he sold at Christmas. Hopefully he's even worse at fixing scooters than he is at fixing atv's.

scootnwinn
03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I must say ride them yourself and then decide. No ones opinion matters but yours because ultimately you are the one who will have to look at the thing daily for as long as the bike lasts. The drive train on the two bikes is identical both are a dice roll for quality. Get the one that is comfortable and has the right amount of storage etc.

teddy554
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
[QUOTE=prodigit;517674]There are plenty of ATM lovers on the forum. Also plenty of ATM's and VIPs on South Beach. Yet the only ones I see in the garages are the VIPs. Seemingly they just ramble apart.
As far as size, the ATM is very small, however, I'm, 6'3" and if I sit on the passenger's seat I still have about 1 ft of leg/knee space in front of me.
I'm 6'3" and sit most comfortable on the place between driver's and the passenger's seat.

The ATM is a one person rider. I can ride with my wife, but my legs would have to be open in order to be able to sit on the drivers seat.
You really don't want to haul 2 people on a 50cc anyway. Way too slow! But should you want to, the ATM does not have passenger pegs, but it has incavings in the body, where the passenger can put his/her feet; at the edge of the floorboard.

With good fuel, and pumped tires, even at 200+LBS you can reach 40-45MPH (I'm 170LBS on a good day 160BS, and can go 48-53MPH tops).

However I spoke to another user who has an ATM, and he too had no issues with it!
All I had to do was to mount the hose clips on the correct spots (under the seat there are few hoses. The clips are on the hoses, but not on the right spot, so I moved them; a 5 - 10 minute job).
Also, if you're into perfection, the reflectors on mine where installed upside down (the imprinted text was upside down), though in normal circumstances you won't even notice that, since the reflectors are round.[/QUOTE
I could be wrong but i thought you had a secret 63 didnt you post a picture with 6b on the case, if not you have the fastest stock 50cc ever shoot that beats hanks 3000+ sr50 top speed and hangs with my 70cc 2t cpi with countless dollars invested in aftermarket parts, but i have had both body styles the handsome boy wasnt taotao

tdsj
03-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Ok, I don't know where to really start at responding lol. Leave for a little bit come back and a lot of new stuff. So it looks like what I'm hearing is they are the same except for the frame/size and pegs with some extra storage on the VIP? 48mph? that does seem a little high. My 2005 yamaha zuma that I used to have would top out around 40-45 going down a little slope lol. I don't think they are going to let me test drive them though at least I wasn't allowed to test drive the zuma before purchasing it. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread as I'm still kind of divided. Of course my main concern between the two is reliability on what I can afford. But as scootwinn said they are basically the same when it comes to the motor.

hardd1
03-03-2013, 06:35 AM
hopefully the op budgets in repair costs for the premature failures..

tdsj
03-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Yes I did take into account things like a $25 belt needing replaced. And a $60 carb etc. Which in the long run allows me to pay for things here and there instead of trying to come up with an extra $1000-2000 all at once for a name brand scooter.

teddy554
03-03-2013, 12:17 PM
i would for sure change the carb but i havnt had a issue with a stock belt yet i would ride it tell it dyes (belt) and have a back up for when it does, even know most scoots Chinese 4t have gy6 based motor there are different grades in them, i have seen some that the metals are so soft and and very under powered and others that are better quality with better power and speed, the worse one i have ever seen was peace renegade 805 form riderswholesale with the very close two atms from provenpowersports but not the dealer fualt just saying where they were bought from

prodigit
03-03-2013, 02:27 PM
@Teddy: I've never claimed to have a secret 63. I've never been able to verify that myself. There is a chance that I have a larger than 49cc displacement, but don't know if it's 63cc. From the manual I have a 55,7cc. On paper it's a 49cc.

@TDSJ: Yes, same motor, perhaps same CVT too. Though many users who bought their AMT50's with build after 09/2012 have said to easily reach speeds over 42, and I've found 3 other people who's speedometer indicated speeds of greater than 48MPH (the speedometer below the blinker light on the dash).
However, going from 35MPH to 40 takes time, and even longer to go to 45MPH.
And only on a good day will you be able to get to 50+ MPH (like little wind in back).

I've noted that the ATM, when it warms up, it gets faster to those speeds. I've also noted, that it warms up faster with acceleration to top speed, engine brake to standstill, and repeat that process for a few times. On my rides, I often was riding on a 40-45MPH road top speed, and by the time I reached top speed, had to (engine brake) to the next red light. Do that 3 or 4 times, and the ATM accelerates much faster, and can get to 50+MPH within 1 minute.
I say 53MPH, but it's rather ~52 or 51MPH GPS verified.
I got these results using 10W40 oil, BP Premium gasoline (by which I swear it adds at least 10%,if not 20% of performance compared to other gasolines out there), and reduced my spark plug gap to 0.10"(0.254mm) (from stock 0.25" (0.635mm) spacing).
I do have a windshield installed, but I don't claim any speed gains with it.

I personally did not needed to change anything on my ATM50. The spark plug shows no signs of running lean or rich, does wear out a bit every 1000 miles, but it's easy to adjust the gapping, the belt is as good as new after +2k miles, probably can run 6 or 8k miles with the stock belt. Hoses are still good after 6+ months in the elements (hot Florida sun and rain).

Can't speak for VIP, but on the ATM it's entirely unnecessary to replace carb or belt (at least on mine).

tdsj
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
A lot of information to take in again. @teddy554 is there a specific carb you would recommend otherwise I might just wing it and pick what ever I find online at a reputable chinese parts outlet. @prodigit i did some searching on youtube for the atm50 and noticed a few that seemed to get above 45. there was one guy on there though that had a windshield and drilled holes in his exaust and added what he called a 95 jet for the carb. I know what jets are but I dont remember if he said what size was in it orig. I'm wondering if since the VIP is slower if it would be less strain on the engine and cause it to last longer? I think my cousin has an atm50 but i haven't been over to his place in a while. I don't know how he has ridden it but he keeps it in a really nice shed that is sealed all around. it takes him a good 10-15 minutes to get it started during colder weather and then about another 10 minutes of letting it warm up. if he doesn't let it warm up it will die when he throttles it. I know this can happen with any cheaper scooter. Aside from things mentioned before I'm just also trying to figure out if they both have the same engine why the vip cost substantially more. I would hope it wasn't just from looks lol.

prodigit
03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
The VIP is slower because its heavier.
You get the same results with an ATM by not opening the throttle all the way. In fact, if anything, the ATM will last longer when ridden in exactly the same circumstances and environment, because of it's lighter weight.

Tell your cousin to up the idle screw a bit. Not a problem of the bike, just a bad setup that's the same on any chinese scoot.

1- The atm has steel wheels instead of alloy wheels,
2- It has 10in tires, instead of 12
3- It's much simpler in build and much smaller, meaning less material is used to build it.
4- It has a single incandescent headlight, instead of a twin halogen bulb..
5- Steel instead of aluminum exhaust
And the list goes on...

Correction on the above:
Seemingly they have a similar model in VIP as the ATM. So it really depends on what kind of VIP you're talking about.

teddy554
03-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Prodgit\Sorry that i was wrong on the 63 couldn't remember if it was you or not

Any carb with access to the inside and a air/fuel screw will be better to tune, Im a name brand kind of person so i would suggest a naraku or hoca brand carb but any carb will do over the stock, you mention a youtube video if he was use any size jet in the 90 range it has a bbk on and isnt a stock 50 or he is just jetted very rich, jet will control the amount of fuel flow and your cusin need a valve adjustment also

tdsj
03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Ok guys and gals? I just got back and I went with the VIP model. I wanted the extra storage.

Problems so far...
All they had apparently was the 2012 model.
Even after driving it about 15 miles to get it back it still has trouble staying running when coming to a stop (when the brake is applied) If I start it up and just let it run it seems to do fine until I hit the brake causing the back tire to stop. Then it bogs down and if not revved up lightly it dies out.

The guy at the shop said this wont be a problem during warmer weather. Who knows? I don't. It's 42F right now. Needless to say I'M COLD from the drive home.

Top speed on flat was 35mph
top speed going down hill was 42ish
Going up a hill was 20mph
I fought the wind basically the whole way back.

So my ideas are
new spark plug
better oil (any recommendations?)
premium gas
2 cap fulls of seafoam (i used this with my zuma and it outran all other stock zumas)
And if need be a new carb.
oh and it needs a bath!

The throttle does leave a little to be desired as it seems to have 2 speeds at times lol. either full or very little. But not all the time.

It is a little scratched up here and there but orange is what I wanted and seeing as it was the last one that they had to go pick up from another store while I waited I was making sure I got it.

Not sure if it will be above or below my text but I'm including a picture of it.

Oh and last but not least I added a vibration remote controlled alarm to it for anyone around here with sticky fingers. 120db should deter them better than nothing :lmao:

scootnwinn
03-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Nice good job

For your idle you will need to adjust it. there should be an access hole under the seat or the whole bucket may come out. Set the bike on the mainstand and start it up after the bike is HOT I mean run for 15 to 20 minutes. Ok with the bike hot check to see if the rear wheel is spinning if it is find the thumb screw on the right side of the carb and turn it left (? whichever way make the idle speed less?) if it is no spinning your bike is dying because the idle speed is too low turn that screw in until the bike idles with out throttle input. Hope that helps ask if you need more help.

tdsj
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Hey scootwinn. The tire does already spin while it idles. So I do not think I need to adjust it, correct? And thanks for the quick reply

teddy554
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Nice scoot, Yeah the idle does need to be adjusted but he says his back wheel is turning while at ideal so it already set to high, the air fuel screw need to be adjusted first but most of the taotao comes with a cap on it it needs to be pop off so you can adjust it, then you can properly set your idle were it wont stall or spin the back wheel, adjusting any slack in the throttle cable at the carb will help with throttle play

tdsj
03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Hey teddy. Thanks for clarifying that. I've adjusted the air and fuel screws on other mopeds. But I've never adjusted slack in a cable for the carb. How do I go about that?

tdsj
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Never mind lol forgot youtube is my friend http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEB7QJNE_EM He shows the handle being adjusted and mentions it can be adjusted at the carb too but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm guessing it works on the same principle

teddy554
03-04-2013, 05:11 PM
i like to use the adjustment on the carb where the cable comes out of the protective sleeve there are to 12mm nuts there,unscrew them, then adjust accordingly a lot of times the one by the throttle isn't enough but being yours is new with no stretch it will be fine, in the video around 28 seconds is the part i like to adjust http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJfo5CEfLyw

tdsj
03-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks, You were right though I didn't need it. And upon going out side to see how loose the throttle was (which it was a lot) I adjusted it by the handle. And it's nice and tight now with no play. I also adjusted the idle and after a few choice words of it being very picky I got it to idle with the tire spinning at a decent rate but to where it didn't create force when on the ground. I got it to where it stops dying when I hit the brake. I figure I may have to adjust it again once I put better gas and a better spark plug in. I've always liked ngk but now I can't remember what size I have to put in there. All I know is the manual says it needs a gap of 0.6mm-0.7mm

millsc
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
get spark plug part number 7544 at advanced auto parts no need to gap it, its an irridium

scootnwinn
03-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Tire should not spin at all when idling sorry the other post wasn't clear... I should have said turn the idle down until the wheel stops spinning. Idle speed is around 1600 rpm and clutch engagement above 2000 rpm...

Sorry for the typos and ambiguity...

teddy554
03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
in-case you dont wont to buy a 9 dollar plug ngk cr7has are 2.50 and the plug millscmention is also known has ngk cr7hix

tdsj
03-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks guys, I have the scooter wrapped up in a tarp right now for the night. I'll go back out in the morning and let it warm up and see what the rpm it idles at. Glad it has a gauge for that or I wouldn't have an idea of how to test it lol. And I may just get the cr7hix aka the 7544 if that is the best recommended one. I was going to change the oil in the scooter to synthetic but I read on another post somewhere that using synthetic to early in the bikes life may cause it not to set correctly. So I'll wait until 1000km before doing it. And in the mean time just use regular oil. Any choice on oils?

millsc
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
I use 10w 40 castrol non synthetic all year around, unless its a new top end then i use 15w 40 rotella t to break in unless its under 40 degrees

scootnwinn
03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I like the castrol 10 40 too all year round... Motorcycle formula of course available at any auto zone. Synthetic is probably a waste of money if you are changing every 1000 miles...

tdsj
03-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Thanks I appreciate the suggestions. As soon as it's time to change the oil the first time I will use the 10 40 castrol since it got 2 thumbs up right away.

prodigit
03-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Try to set the spark plug gap to 0.3mm; 0.3 or 0.4 (stock, from the factory they come at 0.635mm). On my ATM it works best at just over 0.254mm.

Good job on the idle adjustment!
You'll notice, that now, the idle is set correctly, but especially if it's set from the handle, and not the carb, that the idle will differ with temperature.
You'll have to adjust on the carb too.
You'll notice that now it might run well, but on a 50 mile trip on a hot day, your scoot might be idling at 2k RPM, and wants to go forward on a red light.
That's bad, so it needs to be re-adjusted after the cold days pass.

As for oil, depends on your temperature.
At below 60 degrees, 10W30, or 10W40 will work just fine.
below 80 degrees, 10W40 or 15W40 work fine.
above 80 degrees, 15W40 or 15W50.

Unlike many people's reviews, the only reason why to get dino oil in the breakin, is if the dino oil is cheaper. Any other reason is not valid. Mobil actually recommends it's synthetic oil even for breakin!
I personally did my ATM50 with synthetic, and had fabulous results, better than most other people!
If synthetic or semi-synthetic oil is the same price, get synthetic (because 90% of synthetic oil you'll find in the stores is actually dino oil, with synthetic stabilizers in, not actual 100% synthetic oil, unless it's like 2-3x the price).
Also at the breakin you'll be throwing away the oil WAY before it becomes bad.
You throw it away because it has particles in it (metal flakes, carbon,....).
But your oil will only be worn for less than 5-10%.

Anyway, Castrol, Valvoline, Mobil, all good brands.
There are few 100% synthetic oils out there, but IMHO they're a waste to use on a chinese scoot; because a tiny engine is just not handling super good oil very well like a large engine (a large engine could do way longer with fully synthetic oil than a scooter. On a scooter, regardless of oil life and condition, it still needs to be changed every 1000km's).

millsc
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Dont gap the irridium plug you'll most likely break the electrode, leave it be no need to gap the irridium plug

teddy554
03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
+1 on that, 9 buck down the drain there

scootnwinn
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
I agree I never gapped the one in my 150.

prodigit
03-04-2013, 11:09 PM
150's generally don't need a spark plug gap modification, as they have a better stator.
As far as gapping the spark plug, you don't need to break the center pin. You can bend the arm a bit, and if it's bent too much, bent it back with a screw driver without even touching the center pin.
The outside arm is fairly bendable, so it's not like you will break it anytime soon (unless you perhaps plan on bending it 90 degrees or more.

tdsj
03-06-2013, 09:46 AM
Hey I'm back. My computer got infected so I'm on my phone right now lol. I went to advance auto and they didn't have the cr7hix in stock. So I went to autozone and they didn't have it either so they said they could order it but that I would have to gap it. I said to the m that dont sound like the plug I'm wanting as u guys said it would come pre gapped. I also bought a 5 quart jug of 10 40 castrol. And some seafoam. My next question is how much oil will I be pitting in this scoot since the manual doesn't tell me these things lol.

scootnwinn
03-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Less than a quart ir until the stick says it full ;)

just have them order the plug it will be pregapped don't worry about what the highly trained auto parts specialist tells you...

millsc
03-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Less than a quart ir until the stick says it full ;)

just have them order the plug it will be pregapped don't worry about what the highly trained auto parts specialist tells you... +1 dont gap it advance auto parts always orders my plugs and it comes the next day

teddy554
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM
around 750 ml of oil or 3/4 of a quart and do not pay much attention to what the autozone or advance says about a scooter

tdsj
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
K got my computer back up and running now. Thanks. Glad to see it wont take too much since 5 quarts was 15 or 16 dollars lol. I'll be doing my first change at 100km unless you think I should do it sooner? I think I remember someone saying that they don't even put real oil in there before I buy it. As of right now I'm immobilized do to the winter storm that just hit the central area. Had a tarp over it. came back home yesterday and the snow hand got heavy enough to pull the tarp towards the seat and my entire front end was covered in snow. and I was out of extra bungee cords so i ran inside grabbed a broom brushed the snow off and ripped apart some rca cables for the dvd player and strung it through extra holes on the tarp lol. And while I'm here figured I'd ask you guys another question. My eye sight is terrible. And on my zuma and a couple other scooters the headlights SUCKED lol. I haven't driven this thing at night yet. As you know the scooter comes with this type of bulb minus the nipple on it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NARVA-S2-12V-35-35W-BA20D-HEADLIGHT-BULB-FOR-KTM-EGS-EXC-SX-XC-XCF-W-/370771264456?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653b083c8&vxp=mtr

I was curious if I might gain some light by adding 2 of the following lights to the scooter. I know the LED ones would fit and work. But I'm not sure if the zenon lamp at 35w would cause either melting to the assembly/housing or if it would be and over load for the wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H6-BA20D-Type-16W-High-Power-SMD-LED-Bulb-Xenon-White-Pair-/110978337014?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item19d6d308f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-35W-BA20d-ATV-Quad-Scooter-Headlight-Bulb-/271162131000?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2285c238&vxp=mtr

inuyasha
03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=prodigit;517674]There are plenty of ATM lovers on the forum. Also plenty of ATM's and VIPs on South Beach. Yet the only ones I see in the garages are the VIPs. Seemingly they just ramble apart.

Also, if you're into perfection, the reflectors on mine where installed upside down (the imprinted text was upside down), though in normal circumstances you won't even notice that, since the reflectors are round.[/QUOTE
I could be wrong but i thought you had a secret 63 didnt you post a picture with 6b on the case, if not you have the fastest stock 50cc ever shoot that beats hanks 3000+ sr50 top speed and hangs with my 70cc 2t cpi with countless dollars invested in aftermarket parts, but i have had both body styles the handsome boy wasnt taotao
Hi Teddy
Not quite
He still has a ways to go to match the performance of my "April"
:yay::yay: Highest speed yet to date 63mph at 11,000 rpms
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8370/8451485972_c37e22a97c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/8451485972/)
Sr 50 top speed (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/8451485972/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

prodigit
03-06-2013, 02:11 PM
EzPeazy!
My 150 does 63MPH, @7,5k RPM!

prodigit
03-06-2013, 02:18 PM
K got my computer back up and running now. Thanks. Glad to see it wont take too much since 5 quarts was 15 or 16 dollars lol. I'll be doing my first change at 100km unless you think I should do it sooner? I think I remember someone saying that they don't even put real oil in there before I buy it. As of right now I'm immobilized do to the winter storm that just hit the central area. Had a tarp over it. came back home yesterday and the snow hand got heavy enough to pull the tarp towards the seat and my entire front end was covered in snow. and I was out of extra bungee cords so i ran inside grabbed a broom brushed the snow off and ripped apart some rca cables for the dvd player and strung it through extra holes on the tarp lol. And while I'm here figured I'd ask you guys another question. My eye sight is terrible. And on my zuma and a couple other scooters the headlights SUCKED lol. I haven't driven this thing at night yet. As you know the scooter comes with this type of bulb minus the nipple on it
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NARVA-S2-12V-35-35W-BA20D-HEADLIGHT-BULB-FOR-KTM-EGS-EXC-SX-XC-XCF-W-/370771264456?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5653b083c8&vxp=mtr

I was curious if I might gain some light by adding 2 of the following lights to the scooter. I know the LED ones would fit and work. But I'm not sure if the zenon lamp at 35w would cause either melting to the assembly/housing or if it would be and over load for the wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-H6-BA20D-Type-16W-High-Power-SMD-LED-Bulb-Xenon-White-Pair-/110978337014?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item19d6d308f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xenon-Lamp-35W-BA20d-ATV-Quad-Scooter-Headlight-Bulb-/271162131000?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f2285c238&vxp=mtr

Generally LEDS are a bad idea.
If you have a Zuma, the max you can put in there are 35W lights. You've got 2 of them, so they should give you maximum visibility on any scooter available!

tdsj
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
@prodigit yeah I have heard that LEDS don't have as much throw power as normal incandescent bulbs. But I'm not sure if I understood your second part correctly. You say if I have a zuma the max I can put in is 35w But I don't have a zuma anymore it was stolen years ago. Unless you are comparing and saying that I could use them two xenon bulbs in my current scooter? As I imagine they are MUCH brighter than the stock regular looking incandescent bulbs. I'm going to need all the light I can get since I live out in a countryish area. roads with pot holes. deers. sharp country curves with no warning signs. And it doesn't help that my vision is so bad. I literally have to hold a bic lighter 4 inches from my face with out my glasses on to be able to see it clearly. of course I wouldn't ever dare riding with out my glasses lol.

teddy554
03-06-2013, 05:07 PM
A friend of mine just put 35/35 watt bulbs(bought from scrappydoggscooters) in is handsomeboy scooter same style has yours and it melted the whole housing and he needs to buy a new setup now, so if you go up in the watts keep a eye on them the first week,

tdsj
03-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Hmmm. Maybe its not a good idea then. I went out and worked on starting the scooter up. It gave me a hard time. So I put a little seafoam in the tank since its real cold outside. But it appears to be flooding. Someone said to set the idle to 1600rpm. I couldnt get it exactly at that. It would idle around 2000 bit it goes up and down for some reason. It will go all the way down to under 1000 and then back up to 2000 through 3000. And if I try to give it gas when it drops down low it dies on me. Only way to keep it from dying is to turn the idle up to 3500-4000 but then the back tire spins pretty fast. Normally is open the carbon and clean it bit since its new I doubt that will work. Any ideas? If I take it back to the dealer to have it worked on they are going to tell me its normal... Which it MAY be. But is rather an unbiased opinion from you guys.

tdsj
03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Normally id open the carb. Sorry typo

prodigit
03-07-2013, 01:51 PM
35W fit in a Zuma, because it's light house is cooled from the back.
Most scooters have a housing that's inside the tupperware, meaning not enough cooling.

Best alternative, get aftermarket ZUMA headlight (or similar), and install them on your scoot.
If you have a 50cc, know that the stator is not very strong. Best is to change your tail light to a LED, and gap the spark plug to 0.11" or something smaller than the stock setting of 0.25"), to save power, and whatever you have left, use that for an extra headlight.
I wouldn't go above 25W halogen bulbs in a scooter, and even then... There are scoots where 20W is really the max you can feed them. Especially those that you have, have a very tiny bulb compartment

The problem with leds is :
1- that it disperses the light too much, less focal light, more blinding people ahead of you.
and
2- that they can get very hot, and limit their lifetime, especially the 5Watt lights. LEDs don't disperse the heat very well, causing them to burn quickly if used too long.

I have a 5W tail + brake light installed on my ATM50. The tail light perhaps uses 2W, and with the brakes on, it's 5W. So I never really use it constantly. But for a headlight, you'll need to use it constantly.

inuyasha
03-07-2013, 02:03 PM
EzPeazy!
My 150 does 63MPH, @7,5k RPM!
Hi
:no::shrug:
Why The 150? Cant your stock 50 keep up with my stock 50? instead you need to resort to a scoot with an engine 3 times the size of mine:hmm:
Even then i think "April" would leave your 150 in the dust:taunt::hehe:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

teddy554
03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
i have had scooters do this but its because its is a leak or not tune right. (let it warm up for 5-10min)What you want to do is put the scooter on the center stand turn your a/f screw all the way in then back out 2 1/2 turns, then adjust the a/f screw in or out but what you are looking for when adjusting is the highest idle when you find the highest idle you adjustment is correct, then adjust your idle screw down were it idles good and and the wheel isn't spinning, see what that does for you plus a nice carb cleaning would be helpful first its hard to tell what was inside that thing before you got it, if that doesnt help look for loose vac lines

tdsj
03-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks prodigit. I'm still waiting to ride it at night once the snow clears around here. And teddy. I'll get ready to go out and try turning that screw all the way in and then back out 2 and a half. But ANOTHER problem. I already went to open the carb and the screw head just started grinding like sand and ended up stripping out.... my luck.

tdsj
03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
ok I went out and did that. no luck... the only place I can get it to idle with out dying is at 3000rpm anything less and it dies with its fluctuations. And since I can't get the carb off now i have no idea what to do next. I checked the lines and everything looks fine. no kinks or pinches or any cracks that I can see.

teddy554
03-07-2013, 04:46 PM
not sure but have you put a new plug in yet, and it might not be a bad idea to do a valve adjustment, one of the first things i always do on new and use scoots that i buy

tdsj
03-07-2013, 04:52 PM
@teddy ya I just put the new cr7hix plug in earlier today. I just drained the gas tank and ran it out of gas. I'm going to go get some premium fuel for it since i dont know how long that gas has been in there. also I have nooooooo idea of how to adjust valves lol. Nor do I think I have the tool for it.

tdsj
03-07-2013, 06:16 PM
I put the new gas in. Sadly it was only 89 octane instead of 93 like I wanted. But the scooter still fluctuates but not as bad. And it doesn't die now. It goes down to 1000rpm up to 3000rpm. Can't remember if I mentioned this but it appears to be running rich. But if I turn the idle screw down anymore then it will start dying again... And while I'm at it I might as well ask, how do I know what mm carb I'm supposed to be looking at since they have I think 16mm-19mm carbs for 4stroke 50cc scooters. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST I DO REALIZE THIS THREAD IS GETTING QUITE LONG. AND I APOLOGIZE FOR ALL THESE PROBLEMS I'M BRINGING TO THE BOARD.

prodigit
03-07-2013, 07:56 PM
3000RPM is WAY too much!
Where do you live somewhere? In Alaska?
Or perhaps your tach is set to a wrong value?

Normally those 4 strokes idle anywhere between 1500 and 2000 rpm.
On a really hot day in S Florida, my ATM50 was idling at ~800RPM, but it is not recommendable! I set it to ~1200RPM, and in the winter to ~1400RPM.
Anything above 2k RPM should make your scoot want to go forward (on my scoot, above 2200RPM the scoot starts moving, as the clutch engages).

teddy554
03-07-2013, 08:13 PM
no problem that is what the thread is for, but a valve job isnt that hard once you do it for the first time and it only requires a screw driver and a 8mm socket 9mm 10mm and some feeler gauges
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0K-ytyjOFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VxRRtdfOQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwoe1xPiZE

tdsj
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
@prodigit lol no I don't live in alaska. I live in indiana. it's about 30 degrees right now. And ya I was figuring 3000rpm was too much. On the plus side maybe is that my back tire doesn't spin or even turn at that rate. I just don't get why it has such a HIGH fluctuation. it will go up to 3000 and down to 1000 almost stalling out. @teddy I finally got the top off the carb to get access to the needle and it's all clean as a whistle. I guess my next step is to go to autozone or advance auto and get some feeler gauges. is there a specific number i should set them to? since I don't know what motor this has in it specifically.

scootnwinn
03-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Fluctuating idle usually means vacuum leak... Do you know how to check for one?

tdsj
03-07-2013, 10:55 PM
@scootwinn other than visually inspecting them no i don't know any techniques. Are there any?

scootnwinn
03-07-2013, 11:08 PM
yes At least 2, some frown on my favorite method but it works... Get a can of carb cleaner and spray it while the engine is idling. When you spray it near the leak the idle will increase or stabalize. Fairly simple really the other is to use water instead and listen for the idle to drop...

teddy554
03-08-2013, 12:26 AM
any will work that has .03-.05 range but there under ten bucks,

tdsj
03-08-2013, 12:19 PM
K I'm getting ready to go buy the feeler gauge and can of carb cleaner. I have a question though I'm hoping someone can answer while I'm gone. on the second to the last video that teddy posted above at 3:25 he says that the process has to be reversed in order to do the exhaust valve. but the other videos don't mention that? They just say to put the BIG hole towards the front and then adjust the valves. So I'm not sure what to do on that since that video doesn't say in detail what he means by reversing the process. Does he mean put the BIG hole facing back for the exhaust adjustment? or? Thanks

scootnwinn
03-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Just follow the other videos I adjust both sets at the same time with out moving the engine at all. Rotate it and check them twice befor you close it up...

teddy554
03-08-2013, 02:14 PM
+1 the most important thing is that there is no contact of the cam lobs

tdsj
03-08-2013, 04:36 PM
K I adjusted the valves. That didn't fix the fluctuations. I used the carb cleaner on every area that had a clamp as well as the entire hoses as well as the areas that use gaskets from front to back and it didnt act different at any time during that. Sooooo what's my next step lol.

tdsj
03-08-2013, 04:52 PM
K I just took a video of it acting the way it does. Who wants it? p.s. it had been running for about 15 minutes before I took the video.

teddy554
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
post it, man that is strange. and you are sure there is no air leaks all the screw are tight around the carb air box is sealed right

tdsj
03-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I don't see a way to post it on here. If you want me to email it to you I can. I just need an email address to send it too. If not I'll have to upload it to youtube which will take a little while for their conversion process and getting it on there. At least last time I put a vid on youtube it took about a day for it to be viewable to everyone.

tdsj
03-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm uploading the video to youtube right now. I'll post the link in a few minutes when it's done uploading.

EDITED**** Sorry I forgot to answer your question, but yes everything is nice and tight.

tdsj
03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMilELzyKs&feature=youtu.be

teddy554
03-08-2013, 07:18 PM
well since it is so cold it could be running pretty lean and these scooter are known for come from the factory jetted to lean but i am stumped

tdsj
03-08-2013, 10:00 PM
It's ok, I do appreciate the help. If nothing else at least I learned how to set the valves. I got it off the porch though and within about a 1000 foot stretch I was able to make it up to 35mph with my g/f riding with me. I didn't pay attention the first time but the second time with just me on it I was doing about 32mph at 6500rpm the only reason I was worried about the high idle before was because I was it was going to mess up the engine or belt. I am going to be ordering a new carb regardless along with a performance filter. I was looking at this kit on ebay. but it doesn't say what mm it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50cc-GY6-Scooter-Performance-CDI-Carb-Coil-Air-Cleaner-Kit-/390380812390

and I don't know what size I need etc.

teddy554
03-08-2013, 10:48 PM
send them a email and ask, but it will fit the scooter fine but you might want to order some extra jets bigger and smaller to be able to tune in case the 85 is rich or lean. I want to give you some links to some good quality parts
this link is for all naruku parts for different makes and models have to find the gy6 stuff but there is some good stuff for your scooter and this place is pretty cheap to other sites http://www.mrscooterstore.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Parts+by+Type%3ANaraku +Racing+Parts&offset=0
and not for your name scooter but is the same exact scooter
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/lambda-yy50qt21-c-27987_28573-1.html?sessID=612ea1d69da62bf30977c9e16537f580
and
http://www.spmotostore.com/category_s/3157.htm

tdsj
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks even though I still don't understand what size I'm looking for lol. I don't understand how three dif size mm things could fit such as 16mm 18mm 19mm etc. is it because the rubber tubes that go over the holes are stretchable?

prodigit
03-09-2013, 01:08 AM
one thing I was thinking of,
Try loosening the throttle cable a bit at the handle, and tighten the idle screw.
This should give you a more fixed idle. If it's not fixed, then the issue is with your bike. If it's solved, the issue might be that the scoot gets it's idle from a tensioned throttle cable, rather than from the idle screw...

teddy554
03-09-2013, 08:20 AM
The measurement is not from the outside they are inside measurements, fron 50 seconds to 150 he shows you where the measurement refers to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UipC6DLD-EE

tdsj
03-09-2013, 12:26 PM
@prodigit ya I tried that thinking it might be the problem too but sadly it didn't work. @teddy thanks I understand on the sizes now thanks. Most carbs I look at only seem to have 1 screw for the idle. The 2003 qingqui that I had had one for the fuel and one for the air. But it also had a manual choke which might have something to do with it.

teddy554
03-09-2013, 02:55 PM
yeah thats a 2t carb here is how a 4t works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyspAHrMbb8&list=PL8T2lLl4Xu0bOGysKWniSvP4R-_gfMiJm

scootnwinn
03-09-2013, 04:35 PM
its a bummer you never got it going right. How do you feel about exploring your carb by cleaning it the only thing else that can cause that is gunk in the pilot circuit...

prodigit
03-09-2013, 09:42 PM
There still could be an air intake leak...

tdsj
03-12-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey guys, Sorry I haven't responded. I tried spraying again yesterday with carb cleaner. Again no luck. I took the carb apart no luck either. Today in about an hour here I'm going to be driving it to the place I bought it from and they are going to look it over when I leave it there. I'm also going to ask them to check out the steering column since when I put on the front break by it's self at a very slow speed about 2mph... the steering handlebars lunges forward about an inch or two almost causing me to lose control even at that low of a speed. So wish me luck in hopes that they find what I couldn't.

tdsj
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Well got the scooter back. I'm afraid he may not have found all the vacuum leaks but he found one that I couldn't. There was a hole in the rubber needle diaphragm for the carb. They fixed the steering. My scooter still idles up and down a lot. He said he fixed the problem but when he started it up and it started doing it on him too then he said that is normal for these types of scooters because of the diaphragm working at going up and down like a plunger at working to keep everything steady? I included a picture of what he was talking about in case I have the name of the part wrong. Also including a picture of the before and after for the oil, I don't think I need to tell you which is which lol

tdsj
03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
If it's not one problem it's another. I'm putting the vacuum leak behind me until I get a new carb and air filter. But now I just found out why I'm getting bad gas milage. My back tire does not spin freely, I even loosened the cable with the nut. I pulled on it and wiggled it around making sure it wasn't hung up but that didn't help either.

scootnwinn
03-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Wow take it back what is the name of the shop again? All these things should not be happening if a proper PDI was performed

tdsj
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Not sure of the name of the shop. To be honest I don't think it even has a name. The guy kind of uses a old building that sells fireworks right next door. Listed on the title that I got in place of business I believe he used his name. They sell the bigger scooters. the type i got the atm's and four wheelers. all chinese. But yeah I will be seeing about taking it back for them to check out the back wheel tomorrow. hope I don't get another line about how it is natural for it to be like that. Because I go less than 50 miles on half a tank. I've tried looking online to see how much resistance a normal scooter tire should have for the rear but i can't find anyone spinning it by hand. Is it suppose to spin as easily as the front? When I attempt to spin it it automatically stops as soon as i realease my hand. in 98 percent of the full spin it's snug but the other 2 percent it gets tough.

scootnwinn
03-12-2013, 09:21 PM
neither your idle or the rear wheel is normal. The idle may work itself out as it breaks in but a well set up bike idles smoothly with out any modulation in rpm. Tell the guy scootdawg said to quit giving you a line and fix it...

teddy554
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
all cv carbs have that diaphragm

prodigit
03-12-2013, 10:59 PM
The rear wheel has the belt and cvt there, that provides some resistance.
The CVT will not allow the rear wheel to spin freely, however you can spin it by hand, but it'll probably stop spinning after a second or so....

If the rear really feels like it's 'braking' try to release the rear brake somewhat.

tdsj
03-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys. Ya I tried telling the mechanic that my cuz has basically the same scooter and his don't idle like mine. Yet he insisted that they were different even though the owner told me they were the same the day I bought mine. The tire stops immediately after I let go. I loosened the cable near the tire. What or where else can I adjust it? The brake handle doesn't go forward any further. Oh and the name of the shop where I bought it and had it worked on is called vw company in shelburn Indiana. I'm starting to wonder if i can get my money back. Less than 100 miles on it and bought it 8 days ago.

millsc
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
too many probably too early take it back and tell them to fix it, give your money back or have them give you a new one

teddy554
03-13-2013, 09:52 AM
have you change the gear oil that comes with crappy oil in it also but, I hope the dealer will help you most of the time the dont

tdsj
03-13-2013, 10:24 AM
No I haven't changed the gear oil. The back tire also has a wobble to it like maybe a bad drum brake? like how I mentioned earlier that for 2% of the spin it gets tough. But I'm taking it back to them today. To do one of the three things you mentioned. This time it wont be leaving their shop until it acts like a NEW scooter.

prodigit
03-13-2013, 11:01 AM
The tire can wobble somewhat, they're chinese tires, not made under a fine tolerance. just as long as the metal part of the wheel/drum doesn't wobble, it should be good.
One thing you can do, is try to remove the rear tire, and see if perhaps the drum compartment got damaged?

If the brake lever feels loose (you've loosened the cable quite something), the brakes should not be slipping.

scootnwinn
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
its a new bike you shouldn't have to touch it or check anything in the first 30 miles. Not that you shouldn't check everything just that when you do it should all be good. Take it back and don't touch anything and give them a reason to void the warranty.

Swordsman
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
No I haven't changed the gear oil. The back tire also has a wobble to it like maybe a bad drum brake? like how I mentioned earlier that for 2% of the spin it gets tough. But I'm taking it back to them today. To do one of the three things you mentioned. This time it wont be leaving their shop until it acts like a NEW scooter.

I've never messed with a scooter engine, but I know Urals. Ural brake drums tend to be machined a tad off center and will get tighter/looser as they rotate, which gives a mild surging sensation during braking. Just food for thought.

JMHO, but I think if I was having that much weirdness, I'd just spring for a new carb. At least then you could mark off the most complicated of the possible issues. Sounds like you purchased from a shady "dealership" that did no more than finish bolting it together (which is a common problem, no?).

~SM

tdsj
03-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry I ended up just taking it back to get my money back. The lady that issues the checks will be in tomorrow so I'll get my money then. So I'm sorry I took up everyone's time. I appreciate all the help I got. Thank you.

scootnwinn
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
So are you looking for another...?

tdsj
03-13-2013, 07:16 PM
If it's around the same price but not the same brand. I've tried my local craigslist but most people on there have torn up their scooters or have the same brand at about the same price for used or have name brand that's way out of my price range.

millsc
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
my tao was alright when i got it, luck of the draw really

prodigit
03-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Tao's are really the cheapest scoots to get nowadays. Problemless with a good PDI.
My suggestion, if you're going chinese, KISS (Keep It Simply Simple).
The bigger the bike, the more complex it becomes, the more things can go wrong.
Sometimes it's more annoying having a glove box light not working, than never having one. It makes you feel like the scoot is breaking down.

Swordsman
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Problemless with a good PDI.

It sounds kinda' like there wasn't one at all in this case. Probably never even fired it up, given all the running issues from the start.

~SM

prodigit
03-14-2013, 12:21 PM
It sounds kinda' like there wasn't one at all in this case. Probably never even fired it up, given all the running issues from the start.

~SM

Don't know what you're talking about.
I got 2 tao's, the ATM has given me zero problems, save for a few modifications I made myself, and some oil changes. If I wouldn't have done a PDI on it, it would still ride around without problems.

The EVO150 I have I just had to fasten some bolts, and do some hose-work.
And so far, so good.

tvnacman
03-14-2013, 08:26 PM
interesting

hardd1
03-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry I ended up just taking it back to get my money back. The lady that issues the checks will be in tomorrow so I'll get my money then. So I'm sorry I took up everyone's time. I appreciate all the help I got. Thank you.
tried to warn you.....suggest you look for a Znen built scoot....night-n-day difference in quality

tdsj
03-16-2013, 07:06 PM
My cousin has the atm which is basically the same scooter. But he didn't have any problems. So ya luck of the draw and I understand the glove light theory. @hardd1 sadly I live out in a country wasteland surrounded by highways and I don't have a truck to haul the scooter back to my area so trying to find someone with a znen scooter wasn't and still isn't an option unfortunately. There are only two places within 60 miles of here that sell scooters the shelburn location and terre haute location and sadly both of them are owned by the same guy that I bought mine from which still only sells tao. So since I am good with computers I've decided to up my business and start collecting payments through paypal for online work i do. This way it's less likely I will have the cash to spend it and can save up for a nicer name brand scooter. I'm thinking the zuma or sr50 although I don't know what the prices range on the sr50 i've heard a lot of good things about them and also seen them online, which don't tell me much but I admit I like the digital display on them. One thing I liked about my tao though is it had the brightest lights I had on any of my scooters. Lit up a good 150 foot stretch of country road with the lights on high. As of for the pdi thing I'm not sure I follow on that part. Sorry

hardd1
03-17-2013, 10:09 AM
great choice...nothing better than a 2-stroke 50cc....more power...less maintainence

prodigit
03-17-2013, 08:25 PM
My cousin has the atm which is basically the same scooter. But he didn't have any problems. So ya luck of the draw and I understand the glove light theory. @hardd1 sadly I live out in a country wasteland surrounded by highways and I don't have a truck to haul the scooter back to my area so trying to find someone with a znen scooter wasn't and still isn't an option unfortunately. There are only two places within 60 miles of here that sell scooters the shelburn location and terre haute location and sadly both of them are owned by the same guy that I bought mine from which still only sells tao. So since I am good with computers I've decided to up my business and start collecting payments through paypal for online work i do. This way it's less likely I will have the cash to spend it and can save up for a nicer name brand scooter. I'm thinking the zuma or sr50 although I don't know what the prices range on the sr50 i've heard a lot of good things about them and also seen them online, which don't tell me much but I admit I like the digital display on them. One thing I liked about my tao though is it had the brightest lights I had on any of my scooters. Lit up a good 150 foot stretch of country road with the lights on high. As of for the pdi thing I'm not sure I follow on that part. Sorry

There seems to be a lot of difference between the more expensive VIP scooters, and the cheaper ATM scoots.
For some reason these ATM scoots just outperform, and surprise a lot of people, while the VIP's I see all the time in the garages and repair shops in South Beach Miami.
Don't know what's wrong with them...

millsc
03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
my vip runs like a champ but ive replaced almost all the parts

prodigit
03-18-2013, 01:44 AM
my vip runs like a champ but ive replaced almost all the parts
That, AND you know how to fix scoot problems.
A lot of people down here, don't know, so for them, it goes to the mechanic.