PDA

View Full Version : It's Official....I'm Beflumxed

cookees
02-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Now let me see if I got this right:

There's the orginal Scoot Dawg which was started by Lee :).

Then there is Scooter Rebel started by someone who didn't agree with Lee :'(

Then there is Scooter Doc started by Rich to avoid the drama :o

Then there is Scoot Dawg Net started by FOL (Friends of Lee) ???

Then there is "It's the Ride" started by NFOL ( Not Friends of Lee) :-[

and Terri Lee posts as a female on all of them ::).

Did I get this all straight?

Admin
02-26-2013, 04:12 PM
:lmao: Uh, I guess? :shrug:

Although I wouldn't call myself a 'friend' of Lee. I did take over the ScootDawg organization from him though. This is the new & improved ScootDawg.

inuyasha
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Good to see you here
The politics and back stories of all these forums imho are water under the bridge and not worthy of my attention
Im here to enjoy scoots with my friends
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

MEAN_MOTOFINO
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
This is the new & improved ScootDawg.

I love this forum :yay:

Cheers Admin :cheers:

rowdyc
03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
I'm sure I will become to like this forum but I'm confused, too. Add a little disappointed to that, as well.
When there was one forum, there was one place to go. You will have to remember that the internet and Chinese scooters grew during the same time. If it was not for the original forum, many would have missed on the pleasures of the Chinese scooter. Through experience and research, we became mechanics of a vehicle that no dealership would touch (Hell, I'm an accountant). That knowledge also brought arrogance and other things that had nothing to do with maintaining scooters.
So those who gained knowledge decided to add different forums but the original was always the go to place. Now that the original is gone, everyone is jocking for position while some users get watered down, delayed, or maybe wrong answers because of the separation. To check or even post a problem on four different sites can be frustrating. Of course it is better than the past where information was few and far between for scooters. (My Aero 50 died in the eighties because we did not know it just needed a valve adjustment and couldn't afford to take back to dealership)
Do I wish for the old days? Of course, I miss logging in everyday to browse my scooter category (250cc baby) and learn things I thought I would never use but did use. I would spend hours going through old post, other scooter categories, new topics, and finding out who was selling what.
This site has more general info but I didn't want to make a choice. It's like a kid going threw a divorce. The kid may or may not have to make a choice, but they know, it will never be the same.

Admin
03-08-2013, 03:12 AM
This will be closed just to prevent any problems. If anyone wants to continue the discussion, or has any questions, please feel free to PM or email me.

The thing is, it was never meant to be 'split' up at all. No reason it should be. This was the direction the former Admin, and myself (now having absorbed all his duties), wanted the forum to go. It was planned close to a year in advance.

So here's the problem. A corrupt webhost (the host the old forum ran on) decided they wanted a piece of everyone else's hard work. They're only in it to make money from ads, so of course they didn't want the forum to leave them. So instead of letting us close down the forum so we could forward everyone to SD's new home and keep the community together, they decided to hostily take it over and lock us out. Mind you, their normal policy is that you can lock down or delete your forum at any time, which is what many forum Admins have done in the past. I guess if your forum makes them money, that changes.

Since it was left open and Admin-less, there wasn't much we could do. But no fear, the staff of the old forum will surely do what's right, and direct everyone in the proper direction, right? Think again. Enter a couple of opportunistic squatters that decided they were entitled to the forum now. Instead of keeping the community together in one place and helping to direct everyone to the new SD, they decided they could benefit from it if they directed them to their own forum. Instead of following the original Admin's wishes, the one who the forum wouldn't even exist without, they opted to take advantage. To hell with the guy that spent tons of hours in preparing, and just as much money. How convenient.

It's a classic case of people taking advantage of a situation to suit their own needs. These are the facts, plain and simple. This is exactly how everything happened. But you won't hear the real story from anyone else I'm sure. It's up to the members to decide who was right and who was wrong by the facts given. I challenge anyone to prove any of this false. They know how to reach me, my email is everywhere on here.

So I guess what I'm saying is, I sure as hell didn't want the community divided. Lee didn't want it divided. You'll have to ask the others involved why they wanted it to be. :)

I know I'm sleeping well at night.