PDA

View Full Version : E ton beamer matrix help!

Dean
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey guys im rather new to scooters and i have a problem
So i have an e ton beamer matrix (2stroke) and it won't start.
It worked fine before but one day i started it up and i was letting it idol with the chock up and i heard the engine started to get louder and louder and next thing i know it stalled out. Now it won't start. I tried to kick start it since the battery is dead but nothing. What so you guys think?

inuyasha
02-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
You need fuel spark and compression for an engine to run
Check and see if you have the first 2 and if so then we can deal with checking your compresssion
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Dean
02-24-2013, 10:39 AM
I have gas and oil in it and im trying to figure out how to check the spark, does it matter if the battery is dead? Iv been trying to kick start it

inuyasha
02-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi
Your going to have to remove the line from the carb and make sure the fuel is flowing to it, just knowing that the tank is full is not enough
For checking spark your going to need a fully charged battery
To check spark your going to have to remove the spark plug from the engine but keep it connected to the cable your then going to check it by touching it too the frame while turning over the engine you should see a spark jump between the spark plug and the frame
You can find videos that explain the process's in more depth on youtube try searching there
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

teddy554
02-24-2013, 11:38 AM
from what i heard the etons are dc power scooters so i think your battery need to be charged

Dean
02-24-2013, 11:55 PM
What does that mean? Do you suggest that i simply need to get the battery charged or replaced and it would start?