PDA

View Full Version : Note to self-PUT FEET DOWN !

amac1680
02-20-2013, 11:40 AM
I've been riding I trike due to health issues and have had the urge to try two wheels again. I can't hold up much weight so I've been using a Kymco People s200, cool scoot but that's another thread.

So I'm riding around the hood getting use to stopping and holding it up and things are going, well ok with some practice this could work. Well just as I'm getting a little too comfortable to fast. I come to a stop sign and the mind wanders and then gravity reminds me, NOT THE TRIKE! FEET DOWN !

Didn't drop it but come on dude ya know better.

Be Big,
AMAC

justdon
02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Lesson learned..Good you didn't fall..That was just your wakeup call..

Guest_3
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
^^^. What he said. ^^^.

MEAN_MOTOFINO
02-20-2013, 06:03 PM
I could see how that could happen. I bet you about had a heart attack when you realized what was happening haha

Scootdawg.NET, The PREMIER Scootdawg Forum
Mean_Machine

prodigit
02-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Haha! We'll call it "trike to scoot - syndrome" :-)

rockie
03-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Sometimes I tend to put my feet down to soon. That's why I'm short.:)

amac1680
03-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm now playing it safe. I put my feet down no matter what I'm riding.

Be Big,
AMAC

scootnwinn
03-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I forget occasionally and realize I forgot after I have turned. Usually only happens on left turns in the morning. I try to ride in a way that makes it to were I never have to put my feet down. Try it, push your ability to balance...

jct842
03-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Shortly after I bought the150 and before I sold the crotch rocket I took off from a stop sign turning left and about half way through the turn when I could feel it shifting I jammed the back brake on hard just as if I was riding the crotch rocket! Didn't dump it but could have. After so long doing something it becomes instinct and you just do it instead of thinking. john

rockie
03-10-2013, 04:26 PM
I can see that happening. When I first got my 150, I got the urge but never actually did it.

Girlrider
03-11-2013, 06:32 AM
Wow, my heart was in my mouth as I read your post, waiting for the end and hoping for a good outcome. Well done for remembering in time! Your story made me think of the one (and only) time I drove a stick shift car. I drove for way too long in first because I was so used to not having to think about changing that myself!

Irish
03-12-2015, 11:46 AM
It isn't always best to put your feet down! I just started riding a Trike (leg problems) & I have been riding since 1959/60 always on a two-wheeler. I now have a Sportster 1200 with a trike kit. The exhaust pipes are on the same side. I now have 2cd degree burns on my rt leg. even tho it was unnecessary , with a trike , out of habit I put my legs down when stopping. I burned my leg & didn't feel it because I have Diabetic neuropothy in my legs & have very little feeling in them! It's amazing how your reflexes from many yrs. of riding just take over. Irish:doh: