PDA

View Full Version : Motor sounds like a chain saw

beachbum
02-20-2013, 02:46 AM
I bought a new 150cc motor. I had to change the axle out and put my old one in along with changing the Stator. I installed it and it started and runs well. But, it sounds like a chain saw. I cannot figure out where the noise is coming from.

Starter clutch? Cam chain, variator or clutch?

It runs great; good accerlation, smooth throughout...but the noise is just bugging me.

inuyasha
02-20-2013, 03:04 AM
Hi
Any chance of posting a video so we can hear the noise?
Its quite difficult to diagnois the problem with only the facts you have presented us
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

beachbum
02-20-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi
Any chance of posting a video so we can hear the noise?
Its quite difficult to diagnois the problem with only the facts you have presented us
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

Just kind of venting. But, let me see if I can get a video where you can hear it clearly.

Admin
02-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Could be any of the things you mentioned, but yea a video would be great if you can..

MEAN_MOTOFINO
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Maybe check timing chain slack? Did you loctite the bolts that hold the stator in ?

Goood Luck

Yours
Motofino

beachbum
02-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Maybe check timing chain slack? Did you loctite the bolts that hold the stator in ?

Goood Luck

Yours
Motofino

No..But, I will open it up and see about a loose stator. Thanks!

scootercapecod
02-26-2013, 07:42 AM
That could also be an exhaust leak at the manifold, that happened on my old 50cc, it's probably missing the O ring for the exhaust or it's not seated right. It wouldn't hurt to double check it.