PDA

View Full Version : My Wife and GPS

Guest_3
02-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Dee is in the health care business.

I bought her a GPS unit so she can find her way to peoples homes that she looks in on.

She calls me and she is 5 towns over from where she should be. :wtf:

Honey, Did you punch in the zip code also ??. Her.. No. :doh:

Honey, Hit the home button and I'll see you in awhile. :hehe:

Note to self.. Set it for her before she leaves the house. :nod:

spandi
02-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Now there's a good use of "Funny Faces" :clap:

cranky
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I remember an episode of the show The Office when they trust the gps too much and they drive into a lake. :lmao:
My wife left the gps in the car when she got an oil change one time, and you guessed it, now its gone. Luckily it was an older outdated one so it was time for a new one anyway.

jlhog
02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
My wife has a GPS but prints maps before she goes anyplace. She knows that GPS is too complicated for a blond.

mrmike
02-19-2013, 03:27 PM
I have a Garmin GPS and use it all the time in my part time job delivering flowers. My problem is updates. I bought the unlimited update for it, but I've updated it online the last two years and it still doesn't show some newer streets that have been there for those years. I don't know how often they update their maps, but it doesn't seem very often.

prodigit
02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Solution:
Either teach her how to operate it, or,
buy a wife that knows how to operate a GPS! ;)

Admin
02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
I always find the GPS in the backseat of my girlfriend's car, or on the floor.

Good place for it. lmao :no:

bandito2
02-19-2013, 08:22 PM
I recently got a Garmin for the GF for her Bday. She was thrilled to get it. But, it still sits on the dining room table in its open box unused. I threaten that I'm going to return it and get my money back. She's afraid somebody will steal it. I told her she can remove it for theft prevention whenever she gets away from her car. :ugh: Why do I bother? :shrug2: Some women are just..........-> :nuts: AND THEN, I just know she's going to have trouble figuring it out when she does get around to using it. :no:

(I'll not scream at her and will hold my tongue. I will, I will I will I will I?)

jlhog
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Solution: or,
buy a wife that knows how to operate a GPS! ;)

I cannot afford all that now!!!

Guest_3
02-19-2013, 09:32 PM
It seems that, I'm not the only one beating my head against the wall. :)

prodigit
02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
I cannot afford all that now!!!

I know, they do tend to be a bit more expensive than GPSes that bring you to your destination by themselves.

But if you sell your wife as second hand (blue book value says second hand material is roughly priced 60% of newprice), and get a good deal on a new wife somewhere; the difference might be not all that much!
And apart from some regular maintenance, and fuelups, she's good to go for the first 8000 miles!
:lmao:

bandito2
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM
I know, they do tend to be a bit more expensive than GPSes that bring you to your destination by themselves.

But if you sell your wife as second hand (blue book value says second hand material is roughly priced 60% of newprice), and get a good deal on a new wife somewhere; the difference might be not all that much!
And apart from some regular maintenance, and fuelups, she's good to go for the first 8000 miles!
:lmao:

Or 7 years; whichever comes first. :D

(Mike B. who hasn't renewed that kind of license since a cancellation back in "84". Been there, done that. Thought about getting a good used one a few times, but they don't offer many test rides.:shrug:) ;)

Irish
03-27-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't know why I even bought one! Everytime that it gives directions , my wife says" I know a better way & goes that way. Irish
P.S. May 1st we will be married for 50yrs , so it's too late for a new one! I'd never remarry anyway!