PDA

View Full Version : What is stock jet size for 50cc roketa

tdawg92
02-15-2013, 05:19 AM
Hey everyone,

So I recently purchased a 2010 50cc roketa breeze scoot w/ 1300 miles on it. When I first drive it, it was very slow, it would go bout 30 mph and stuggle to get to 35..after looking over a few things I noticed, exhaust did NOT have a gasket so I bought new one from scrappy and installed it, only difference was a quieter exhaust. Still there was no change in acceleration or top speed. So I pulled carb off and noticed pilot jet was clogged..so I cleaned jet and the rest of carb, re-installed, re-tuned carb, but there still wasn't much of a change. Top speed did go up to 40mph but very slowly. Also when I'm driving, if I sit at a red light or stop for a minute when light turns green and I give it throttle it Boggs and wants to die, If I let off gas it will die, if I give it WOT, it will catch its self at start accelerating. Now when I had the carb off, my main jet was stamped with a #78 and pilot jet was stamped #34. Now I'm no expert but after doing some research those do NOT seem stock to me. Does any one know what the stock jet sizes would be for my scoot???

I would also like to note, I checked for restrictors but could not find any in cvt, air box, or exhaust. I also installed 6g weights hoping for a little change, but there was none.

teddy554
02-15-2013, 07:11 AM
There is no set size that does seem high but i like any thing from 72- 74 but 40 is good for a stock 50cc scoot has for the bog have you adjusted the air fuel mixture screw

tdawg92
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
So ur saying #40 is good for pilot jet? Yea I tried tuning and tuning and tuning the a/f screw.. But it doesn't really change anything, gives me a headache lol.. From 1 turn out to 3 turns out, there is no significant change in rpm.. The idle screw won't do much either, if I turn it clockwise 1/4 turn it will idle really high for a second then drop again, if I turn it 1/4 back where it was it has trouble stayin running.. Idk it's driving me bonkers. Right now I have idle set where it will idle on its own but I think that part of why I Boggs immediately after throttle is givin bc the slide is open too much to where it letting too much gas in on take off.

I did a plug chop, running too rich but I can't seem to tune carb to lean it out.

teddy554
02-15-2013, 05:02 PM
a 40 pilot jet is way too big for a stock scooter 34-38 you can also adjust the position of the needle