PDA

View Full Version : Bad eggs

dudley
02-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Alot of banned members returned to the .com site during the change.
It ain't a good thing.
Scootdawg.net is def the forum of choice now.

amac1680
02-14-2013, 08:10 AM
I'm not sure what's going on there and in fact being new I don't care. What I do care about is at least a modicum of self control. Too many are showing too little of that right now. The sadest part it's seems to be condoned. Or maybe there is no control.

I've moderated forums for years and I know this. Once the moderation goes so does the board.

A rudderless ship always flounders. That said SD.com will linger but in time all things left to care for themsevles die off.

Good to have you here and all the best.

Be Big,
AMAC

scootnwinn
02-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Yes it seems the whole shake up did bring some interesting people back in. I'm not sure the current moderators can do much to stop it... Its too bad I really liked that place...

spandi
02-15-2013, 01:15 AM
This is like a cozy little inn (with some very nice regulars) don't you think?

dudley
02-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Yes, I hope we can maintain it.

amac1680
02-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Yes, I hope we can maintain it.

Rome wasn't built in a day and with a little pataince this can be a good board. It's up to the members to build so we shall build.

Be Big,
AMAC

spandi
02-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Does this mean we can have scoot races in the Colosseum? :yay:

scootnwinn
02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
We better have scoot races or I'm leaving

inuyasha
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Does this mean we can have scoot races in the Colosseum? :yay:
Hi
I agree sound like quite a rush:scoot::yay:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

medman1952
02-27-2013, 12:04 AM
Yes, a few old banned members were allowed back in, When I sent out an email to all, a few asked me in emails to give them a second chance.

Fact is that Lee had abandoned the place and we needed more staff. The change over to Mike was handled poorly, I think we all agree on that. I had no ill wishes for Mike when he got Lee to let him have the ScootDawg forum. I was willing to come here as well but Proboards didn't like the deal and abandoning it like Lee has done several times was just not in my blood.

I honestly hope this place does well, another forum will not kill anybody. There is no need to say any more about what happened. The new forum will not be ScootDawg, this place will be.

Soon it will be ScootDawg.proboards.com is dead, long live ScootDawg.net. It will not mean other forums should do poorly.

bloodymomo
02-27-2013, 01:47 AM
I agree! Scoot races and mod contests!!!

Admin
02-27-2013, 01:50 AM
I'm going to say this and be done with it. We've all left this behind us for the most part here, I don't see a reason to bring it back up. After this it'll be locked to prevent any further problems.

Fact is that Lee had abandoned the place and we needed more staff.

Exactly. And that's why I took over, and changed things.

I had no ill wishes for Mike when he got Lee to let him have the ScootDawg forum. I was willing to come here as well but Proboards didn't like the deal and abandoning it like Lee has done several times was just not in my blood.

PB has no say in what forum you moderate on. Who in the world would care one bit what they say or feel? And it wasn't abandoned, it was simply transfered to a new, better forum software. Websites transfer to new software all the time, it's nothing new. By going against the owner & creator's wishes, and squatting on an old forum that was meant to be left behind, is actually doing exactly what you mentioned.. abandoning the future of the forum. As a moderator, you would think you would have helped the administration with the migration, instead of deterring people from making the move over.

Doug, with all due respect, the 'change' to me was done about as perfect as you can get. Lee and I have a signed legal agreement, and every aspect was outlined. If by 'poorly' you mean it was transfered quickly, without notice, well yea, that was unavoidable. Do you have any idea how big of an undertaking it was to get everything transfered over? I had hired 'techs' to help along the way, and we all had to work together within our schedules. We had a small window to get it done in, so we made a choice and had to go for it. I don't see how in the world this affected any members at all, since the old forum remained up so they could retrieve any info they needed (avatars, sig pics, PMs, etc). It's not like it was deleted and everyone was left in the dark. How would giving anyone advanced notice change things? What would you have done differently? Everything was still there, nothing was taken away from anyone. Not done poorly in any way.

The problem was in a corrupt webhost (PB) which changed their rules as this unfolded, to suit them financially. They wanted the posts removed, which I agreed upon and did. I certainly didn't have to, but it wasn't worth the fight for me just to save some posts. To me, keeping the community together instead of having it spread apart across several different forums, was more important. But as suspected, PB didn't hold up their end of the deal, like usual.

We've straightened everything out with anyone that had complaints, we're running the industry-standard professional forum software, we have 50% less ads, zero spam, photo albums, and a lot more. We're also in the process of assemblying a great staff (you were even chosen to stay on from the start) that stays on top of things, and we don't charge a dime for membership. We have a great thing going here, and it will never go anywhere as long as the members want it here. We're in control, not some free forum host company whose sole interest is to make as much money from it as they can, and give as little of a product in return.

Is all this because some are mad that Lee didn't pass the torch on to them? Why didn't those people try the entire time to get it (like I did) when they saw it being neglected? Now, after I was chosen to take the reigns, everyone cares again? I believe even you had given up somewhat, and took a 'vacation' from the forum because you were fed up with it. So now you're upset that I stepped up to the plate and made the proper changes and improvements on the very things you complained about with the old forum?

The fact is, I took the initiative to make things better. Others didn't. I wanted to keep the community together. Others want it sepperated by starting even more forums. So you're doing the same exact thing now that I did, after the fact, by moving the forum to a new place. But I thought you were against the forum moving from the old forum? That's kind of hypocritical, isn't it? Now tell me, who's looking out for the best interest of the community if they're putting their own agendas ahead of it? Why not point everyone in the direction it was meant to be taken to from the start, so people don't have to bounce around to 10 different forums to get what they need? Wouldn't that be best for the community? Isn't that what a forum is all about, to have everyone in one centralized location, so we can all learn, share, and enjoy the hobby that brought us together? Now, you have the right to do what you want, but it's not helping anyone in my opinion.

I liked you Doug, and I think I treated you well throughout all this. Never said a bad word about you. I don't know why you felt the need to break away from the rest of us, and me specifically, when all I did was fix things you hated about the old forum. :hmm: