PDA

View Full Version : Roketa MCR-07T-50

cranky
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
hey everyone, looking for some help here. Im new to scoots and am thinking about buying a Roketa 50, but dont know anything about it. Are these good machines or should I look elsewhere? How easily can they be modifyed, is there a big after market for them? I would like to soup it up a bit since I like to tinker with my toys.
Any help is welcomed thanks!

scootnwinn
02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Lots of aftermarket for Chinese 50's if you are a fair wrench it is a decent ride. It is likely as good as any other Chinese ride they can be reliable or not lots of evedince for both. I am not familiar with that exact model but someone here will be.

cranky
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
ok thank you, if anyone else has any experience with this model please chime in, thanks
Or if you know any similar scoots that would be even better, let me know. I can get this one for about $1000.

prodigit
02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Try looking for info on the TaoTao CY50-A. Same scoot.
Generally most 50cc's are the same. Same engine, same transmission, same top speed, same acceleration (acceleration may be a little less on bigger scoots, due to weight), same reliability as most other scoots.
Sometimes you're lucky and get a bike that requires you nothing but oilchanges and fuel,
another time you're unlucky and have a total lemon (though lately those odds are getting fewer).

More than likely you'll end up with a good scoot, with a few issues here or there to work on.

One thing you can be sure of, the less the bike has, the less can break.

inuyasha
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Try looking for info on the TaoTao CY50-A. Same scoot.
Generally most 50cc's are the same. Same engine, same transmission, same top speed, same acceleration (acceleration may be a little less on bigger scoots, due to weight), same reliability as most other scoots.
Sometimes you're lucky and get a bike that requires you nothing but oilchanges and fuel,
another time you're unlucky and have a total lemon (though lately those odds are getting fewer).

More than likely you'll end up with a good scoot, with a few issues here or there to work on.

One thing you can be sure of, the less the bike has, the less can break.

Hi
I agree 100 % except on 2 points
You should change that to most 4 stroke 50 ccs are the same
And the scoot hes talking about has a 2 stroke engine not a 4 stroke like the Tao Tao
Stock 2 Stroke 50cc scoots are quite another thing when its comes to their performance
Much quicker off the line and a higher topend than all stock 4 stroke 50s
http://motorscooterguide.net/Articles/2StrokeOR4Stroke/2StrokeOR4Stroke.html
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

inuyasha
02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
Hi Kelly
Thats a nice 2t scoot and will use a 1E40QMB 2 stroke engine and not a 4 stroke 139 QMB Theres still quite a selection of aftermarket performance parts for those engines
And even in stock form she will perform much better then a 4 stroke version of the same scoot
The brand is a good one and if you do a full pdi on delivery you will have a fine strong dependable scoot
I highly recomend this scoot
http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/roketa-mcr-07t-50-2-stroke-49cc-scooter-top-speed-40-mph-fully-assembled.html
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

millsc
02-20-2013, 12:43 AM
http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/scooters-mopeds/49cc-50cc-scooters-mopeds/roketa-mcr-15-50-49cc-2-stroke-gas-scooter-with-top-speed-45-mph-12-aluminum-wheels-large-body-frame.html i like this one better

inuyasha
02-20-2013, 12:52 AM
http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/scooters-mopeds/49cc-50cc-scooters-mopeds/roketa-mcr-15-50-49cc-2-stroke-gas-scooter-with-top-speed-45-mph-12-aluminum-wheels-large-body-frame.html i like this one better
Hi
That is a very nice scoot, but the one i linked to is the exact model the OP is thinking of purchasing
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

cranky
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Great info guys thanks so much for the insight. Im still undecided what to do but I need to make a decision soon. hmmmmmmmmm

thanks again \m/