PDA

View Full Version : Here or the old site... Admin/Mods ??

Guest_3
02-09-2013, 08:11 AM
Mike or Mods, With the recent post that we are here to stay. :clap:

Is the old site getting deleted or locked soon ??.

As I said in the PM PB sucks and best to be rid of them as soon a possible.

Thanks to everyone that is involved to make this new site great !!. :cheers:

teddy554
02-09-2013, 09:17 AM
+1

spandi
02-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Once you get used to this site it's really nice. (so I see I've been reduced to 94 postings, are we starting from scratch?) :shrug:

Guest_3
02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Must be I went from 69 posts to 5. :hmm:

Admin
02-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Yep we're here for good now guys. Unfortunately we had to remove any and all posts that weren't made on the new forum, so yea we're basically starting fresh.

The fate of the old forum is still up in the air, but if certain people stand by their word, it should be atleast locked eventually. I'll keep ya posted on that.

:tup:

Guest_3
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
OK Thanks, I'm going to delete myself from the old site then.

inuyasha
02-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Hi
Im a member of many scoot forums, so im staying on both for now until something comes up that decides otherwise
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

chindog
02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
I didn't see any new posts on this forum today. So I'm just checking to see if it is still working.

inuyasha
02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
I didn't see any new posts on this forum today. So I'm just checking to see if it is still working.
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
And its still working fine
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

Guest_3
02-09-2013, 09:34 PM

Really ??. Where were you looking that you didn't see all the new posts from today. :shrug:

amac1680
02-09-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm here. Being relatively new to all the scoot forums I plan to stay here as far as the SD.whatever forums go. Would rather be part of the rebuild.

Be Big,
AMAC

scootnwinn
02-10-2013, 12:58 AM
Hey guys I'm here I guess we'll see what nt post count is down to now... Hopefully this whole mess will be behind us soon...

Payneib
02-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I'll keep a hand in each for now, until something changes.

I currently prefer the other one for convenience, but if this one joined an apple app, like Forumrunner, I could be swayed! Lol

Payneib
02-10-2013, 09:05 AM
I'll keep a hand in each for now, until something changes.

I currently prefer the other one for convenience, but if this one joined an apple app, like Forumrunner, I could be swayed! Lol

Guest_3
02-10-2013, 09:31 AM
The subscribe to thread is always on, can it be turned off permanently ??.

If so how, I can't find the off switch.

It a pain in the butt to keep clicking the unsubscribe tab.>:(

scootnwinn
02-10-2013, 09:36 AM
go to user cp then edit options and its like the second or third option down click no notification and it should leave that box unchecked.

Guest_3
02-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Got it Thanks, I guess its time for new eyeglasses.

jrryan
02-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Don't know about the locked thing? Seems Proboards has no intent of letting SD.com die?

Lot's of people including sponsors/advertisers are supporting the old forum as it is with it going on. It kind of tends to the old saying "don't count your chicks before they're hatched!"

http://static4.depositphotos.com/1030387/398/v/450/dep_3986882-Dont-Count-Chickens-Before-They-Hatch.jpg

JR

scootnwinn
02-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I wonder how they will support it if it is locked...

Based on what someone said there is some chance that if it isn't locked that it will remain perpetually un-moderated and slowly spiral into oblivion. Either way who cares really thanks for the info. It seems that nothing will continue to happen there though

scootnwinn
02-10-2013, 11:13 AM
Its is interesting that they are considering taking the forum from the registered owner and transferring it to the admin of a different forum who is also the only moderator there. Depending on who he recruits to help it may work but that doesn't seem much different than what the actual admin had planned to do...

Admin
02-10-2013, 12:01 PM
jrryan.. you actually have no clue as to what's going on. I'm not going to bother talking about that crap right now. We're moving forward now with a superior platform, I suggest you do as well. Don't bring any of the drama over here.

If you don't like this forum or have a problem with it in any way, please don't visit it.

scootnwinn
02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Amen. You should change the header at the top to serious scooter talk without the drama...

Admin
02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Amen. You should change the header at the top to serious scooter talk without the drama...

+1 :cheers:

Hopefully that will be the obvious intentions around here eventually. ;)

Guest_3
02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Good things take time. :cheers:.

I'm here to stay, I deleted myself from the other site.

jrryan
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
jrryan.. you actually have no clue as to what's going on. I'm not going to bother talking about that crap right now. We're moving forward now with a superior platform, I suggest you do as well. Don't bring any of the drama over here.

If you don't like this forum or have a problem with it in any way, please don't visit it.

Mike I had a reply to a thread that the OP asked about the other forum being locked. I replied with information based upon what was posted by the very man you asked to talk to via email here:

Want to call a answer to the question drama so be it but as far as a clue on what's going on? I've had email contact too and I know what people are saying and wanting, some want to stay like it was, some want to be here, some want to do both.

Superior platform, any platform, all a matter of opinion and last time I checked lot of opinions are generally welcome on "public forums" so sorry if my opinion offended you and I'll let you in on a little secret, I do have a clue.

Lastly I never said I didn't like this forum, that's your opinion and it's wrong.

JR

Admin
02-10-2013, 12:53 PM
I disagree, you may 'think' you know, but you really don't. And if you're even comparing PB to VB in any way, shape, or form.. please.. do some research. Not opinion, fact.

Either way, we have a great forum here without the BS. Like I said, spread the drama elsewhere, we don't want it here.

The original topic of this thread has been answered, no reason to leave it open anymore.

Moving on..