PDA

View Full Version : Carburator problem.

solkor
02-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I havent started my GY6 125 scooter for 2 months.
So today i try to start it , and after first 2 attemps to start , the fuel started to flow out from the air filter.
I think the carburator float doesnt lock the fuel .
How do you think?

scootercapecod
02-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Take off the carb and give it a thorough cleaning. Take everything down and let the carb sit in cleaner for a night, then use pipe cleaners to unclog anything and compressed air to dry it out.

50cc
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah, check the float pin and convert to manual petcock to be sure.

blueboy5000
02-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I highly doubt it's the petcock. Sound like a stuck float. Remove your carb, take off the bowl, remove your jets and float and thoroughly clean with carburetor cleaner.

scootnwinn
02-12-2013, 10:22 AM
ya the float should not be overwhelmed by the petcock clean your carb and you're good

8307c4
02-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Fuel in the carburetor presents a very unique problem, the exact implications of which leaves many the inexperienced engine operator unaware, but fuel in the carburetor presents a very real risk of having fuel contaminated the engine oil and if that is the case, the engine oil HAS to be changed immediately and certainly before the engine is even started.

It's very simple, when fuel leaks into the carburetor it's but one short step down the intake and into the cylinder where it sits and slowly seeps into the oil reservoir, it is a problem all carbureted engines are prone to experiencing.

Failure to address fuel contaminated oil can (and will) result in severe premature engine wear.
It won't kill the engine right away, and it takes time but it can lead it to smoking heavily and consuming oil and loss of power and compression and it needs to be addressed as the damage starts to happen right away.

The good news is so long the engine isn't running, there's not much harm from having fuel contaminated oil.

One way the mechanic may be able to determine whether the engine oil has been contaminated is by simply taking a whiff of the dipstick, however, cheap insurance is to fix the cause of the problem first, then change the oil.

Another tell-tale sign is if fuel comes out of the exhaust thou with these scooters that may not always be visible.

But don't ride that scooter until ...

bloodymomo
02-27-2013, 01:53 AM
Couldn't agree more. Wise words my friend!