PDA

View Full Version : youtube scooters

ryan52
02-02-2013, 01:54 AM
just thinking of why everytime i see scooters on youtube when they take off why is ther no (shift) its just pure acceleration like its a rocket..why? or how? what weights do you think they run and what would happen if i put 3gram or 3.5gram in my 70cc 2t thats what it seems that all youtube scooters are running cause when they go..they go

cbhscoot
02-06-2013, 11:23 AM
That's because they have a one speed auto trans.

MEAN_MOTOFINO
02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
isnt this the same post thats on 49ccscoot???????

ryan52
02-09-2013, 02:05 AM
yeah it is but i post to diffrent sites because sometimes it seems that 49cc members just look but never post back usually its only high ranked members that post back. on here sometimes you get feedback quickly

prodigit
02-09-2013, 02:47 AM
First of all they use 2 stroke, not 4 stroke engines,
second, they have an unlimited revved engine (~10k RPM Max), which basically means their engine will be destroyed in 3 months of usage (or something), unlike the 7k RPM of the 4 strokes.
Third, they use very lightweight rollers, that work only with the high rotational speeds of those type of engines. Those rollers are carefully selected, and usually only work for a couple of times, before they're worn enough not to perform the same anymore.
Five, they have a very heavy counter spring, which allows them to stay in low gear longer.

To some degree, you can improve take off speeds

ryan52
02-09-2013, 07:56 PM
2 strokes 50cc specifically designed to perform at 8-9k rpm pushing them to 12-14k ist to bad with a 74cc kit. ive had a 74cc 2t and it would do about 55 but gearing was my downfall downhill i could go 60 and its the stock crank. i had roughly 2000 miles on it doing the same thing wot rides and my engines still fine. and the bearings are still great. trying to compare a 4t to a 2t is like comapring a white guy to usaine bolt..JS

prodigit
02-09-2013, 09:44 PM
yes, but you requested why some had such great takeoff speed, without defining which youtube vid you where talking about.

I presumed it was the 2 stroke vids, because they're notoriously known for their fast acceleration vids.