PDA

View Full Version : Gather around scooter folk, gather around..

Admin
02-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Alright, here's where we stand right now..

PB is upset that the Admin account was passed on to me without them knowing, and that any and all content (that neither they or I own) was transfered over to the new forum.

Now, do I disagree with it all? Of course. Is there a lot more to it than what is seen? Yes. Is it worth it for me to fight over, just to save a few posts? Not really. Would it eventually just hurt the community itself and leave it divided, no matter the outcome? Probably.

So to put an end to all this, we're just going to go back to the old forum for the time being. It's just the sensible choice right now. We're going to operate as usual from the old forum. I'll keep you all updated on that. If/when we do come back to the new forum, the only thing is that we'll have to start from scratch with posts (except for the 3000 or so made in the past week here). But, the community is strong enough to fill it right back up again in no time.

Despite all the rumors, accusations, etc, transfering the posts over never did a thing for me personally. It was done for you, the members. If everyone wants them gone, then they will be. They're only hurting other members, present or future, that are looking for info. I transfered them over because, well, that's what happens when a forum transfers to a new software. It's not uncommon, and is only done for the community itself. PB has a different view on that, and/or their own reasons. The posts will be archived always on the old forum if/when we do eventually come back, so anyone searching will just have to go back there, isntead of having everything contained in one place. Again, doesn't matter to me, just makes it harder for everyone else.

I apologize for any disruption the past week has caused to anyone. I certainly didn't plan nor expect anything like this to happen. There's been some conflict between members, between certain members and myself, etc. I personally am looking to start off on a clean slate with everyone, and I hope others can do the same. No hard feelings on my end. Once this is all done, I won't be talking about it anymore and would like to put it to rest once and for all. I suggest everyone do the same, so we can just move on and get back on topic. Continuing to argue and point fingers won't do anyone any good.

Some of you may not agree with how things were done, and that's fine. But I hope you can atleast see that my intentions were good, and in the right place. If you can recognize that, I'd truly appreciate it.

So with all that said, we'll be officially operating from the old forum soon, I suspect maybe sometime today, or over the weekend. You can continue to post here if you wish up until I take it down. You'll still be able to go to the domain (http://www.scootdawg.net) and check for any updates, so keep that in mind.

Thank you guys for listening, now let's get back to scooters! :cheers: