PDA

View Full Version : racing performance cdi

yardog
01-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Are these cdi any better than stock? Do they work any better than stock, if so do they advance timing @ idle or higher rpm? Do they effect how smooth engine idles?

Lefty
01-31-2013, 10:05 PM
I think they are better than stock they give you a little more power you will find that you will most likely have to lower your idle.
There are only a few that just came into the market that ARE RETARDED for starting and as your rpms climb it advanes the timing. I have one of those on my Trike but they have to say ADVANCING if not they are FIXED timeing and do not advance with higher rpms.
Lefty

prodigit
02-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Some of them overheat the bike because of too early ignition.
Really, the best you can have is an adjustable one, and some good professional equipment to measure these things.
In my case, my stock black CDI outperformed the blue racing CDI, in the lowend, and performed the same in the top end.
In the lowend my scooter was stalling with the blue CDI, and I had to increase the idle RPMs.

I now have the blue CDI as a backup, in case my black one breaks.

The fact is that there are plenty of CDI's available online, and they don't always perform the same, even if they look the same.
Then there are plenty of chinese scoots online, that not always perform or act the same, resulting in what works for your bike, may not work for mine, even if we have the same scooter of the same year, and plug in the same CDI from the same manufacturer.

That makes this whole topic kind of loot.
I know there's this guy on the previous forum who bought over 20 CDI's and I'm sure that he found a lot of differences between all of them.

millsc
02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Ive tried several settled in with the orange one the blue one gave me starting issues, they don't perform much different in my opinion, more or less its a piece of mind item you know its not restricted.

rockynv
02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Orange with the matching high output coil can help with easier starting and better fuel economy. Advance the timing too much and then you need to make other adjustments in fuel ocatane and mix along with cam and possibly compression to make it all work together.

lovemy2strokes
02-01-2013, 04:25 PM
In my opinion the orange and gold ones are for 4t and the blues are for 2t. I have yet to scope the blue race cdi for a 4t compared to 2t but I have a hunch theyre the same.

millsc
02-01-2013, 04:58 PM
the blue racing one does weird things i sold it and bought an orange one they are different.