PDA

View Full Version : Ordered some Parts...Whats should be the Outcome?

scootin150
01-31-2013, 01:19 AM
05 United Motors 150cc-Stock
Well to start off im a big guy 250lbs to be exact and noticed my scoot was not getting into the rpms that great riding around town which was limiting my top speed. I Ordered a performance filter, HOCA 1500k Torque spring and 10g NCY rollers to replace the stock 13g. Should this minor cvt change help or hurt my topspeed and all around performance? I noticed on small hills my rpms would drop to 5k. Just looking for input from ones who have played with or have this setup. Bike has straight pipe (temporary) Race CDI and jetted btw. Thanks for any input :)

scootin150
01-31-2013, 01:24 AM
It has ran a best of 50-55mph gps at around 6500 rpms on flat ground. Im hoping this setup will get me to 60+ mph and better hill climbing speeds.

blueboy5000
01-31-2013, 07:24 AM
You WILL NOT have a higher top speed. You WILL have a better hill-climbing speed.

Your weight + your mods= top speed of 50 to 55 mph on the flats.

Also a straight pipe for the exhaust is potentially very damaging to your inner engine, specifically the valves.

richardthescooter1
01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
I'd be careful on what size torque spring, bigger the spring will take more rpms to enguage the clutch.

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
so how does a straight pipe hurt the valves . I think an exhaust leak or a missing flange gasket has much more potential for damage. As me and Dr.scoot rode around all last summer with straight pipes and never had one issue . You just have to tune for it and it will be good!

scootin150
01-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Im with u mean machine if straight piped hurts anything then why do racers use them on there scoots and how did we run all last summer with tuned carb with zero issues? Also im already runnin 50-55mph at 6000 rpms wide open which is low so why wouldnt lighter rollers that can get my rpms up to say 8000 max where the power is not get me to 60 mph?

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-31-2013, 04:20 PM
Yes you "ideally" want to rev about 7500-8000rpm...the sweet spot :s

sharks06lly
01-31-2013, 04:50 PM
straight pipes if to big or that dont have enough back pressure can mess up your valves. if you are running a very small diameter pipe and then it has a little bigger tip then i can see you being fine but i have seen stupid people mess up there cars and trucks with straight pipes and these chinese scooters are alot more finicky

scootin150
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
Sharks06lly do u even know what ur talking about i and mean machine have raced mustangs for years as well as build bikes such as my buddies cammed gixxer 750 we are pretty knowledgable on anything engine related. I have never ever seen a straight piped car or drag car running off header\headers warp or damage a valve in any way...yes maybe if u run right off the exhaust ports off the head! Moral of this story dont post if u dont know! How come 3/4 of the ruckus guys run straight pipes with no silencer with no issues??? Ok lets get off the straight pipe $HIT and get back to the cvt thoughts. Thanks DR.SCOOT