PDA

View Full Version : familiar with the Ruckus clone???

bloodymomo
01-31-2013, 12:50 AM
I'm curious to know if any of you know about the ruckus clone I think it's also called the Ice Bear... what I would like to know is how similar the ruckus and the clone are. For example will the monstergy6 fat tire kit work and all the mods that work on the rucks work with it?

qwertydude
01-31-2013, 02:38 AM
The Ruckus clones have nothing in common with the actual Ruckus so no parts will fit they're not cloned but more like "inspired by". With that said since the ruckus clones are GY6 and MonsterGY6 has parts for the GY6 like the wide tire kit their shouldn't be too much trouble fitting parts.

The nice thing is many of the ruckus clones use disc brake so you don't even need that upgrade which is the most needed upgrade if you're doing a 150cc GY6 conversion.

bloodymomo
01-31-2013, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the help:-) I read on total ruckus that they are pretty close to being comparable, I think they sell 150cc versions of this too.. At liest that's what I've read

millsc
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
I put a big bore kit on a ruckus clone it was still slow compared to the other china scoots ive done and was a pain to do had to remove the gas tank and some of the metal frame and floor board to even do it, it would be my last pick on a scoot if i was to buy another new four stroke.

wangchicken
02-01-2013, 10:59 PM
if you want a ruckus buy a ruckus , clones are nothing like the original, Its like saying MCDonalds burgers taste like KOBE BEEF.

teddy554
02-02-2013, 09:23 AM
most ruckus's with the fat tire kits are gy6 150cc long case motors you can put that tire kit on any long case gy6 motor but has for other custom mods to the H ruckus body wont work for the clone
edit most ruckus footrest will work and front battery box will not sure about anything else

millsc
02-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Don't buy it is all i have to say :no: The real ones are awesome though, but costly.

jmerch
09-24-2013, 03:17 PM
I put mojo weld on mount on my icebear and put a 150cc gy6 from t motorsports now hitting 55mph on my icebear had to do a few mods to get it to all fit but it works but all gy6 mods will work icebear

wheelbender6
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I have been curious about the Chinese Ruckus clones too. They look light and easy to service and restore. It would be fun to have one to tinker with and take on some dirt roads.

teddy554
09-24-2013, 09:16 PM
I have been curious about the Chinese Ruckus clones too. They look light and easy to service and restore. It would be fun to have one to tinker with and take on some dirt roads.

To me with the ncy footrest the are the most roomy and fun to ride

Bostonsboi
04-13-2014, 06:28 PM
Just got a new 50cc cc icebearmaddog what's the break in point on them?