PDA

View Full Version : Better headlights for tao tao atm a1??

submerged
01-30-2013, 08:23 PM
The headlights that my tao tao atm a1 came with suck and was wondering there were better headlights possibly led ones but anything is better then the stock. Thanks for the help

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi
Welcome aboard
Pleased to meet you
What do you have now 18 or 35? if 35 you may be able to go up to these
http://www.partsforscooters.com/Head_light_bulb-40-45w
Just be sure that it doesnt over heat the head lamp cover [they can melt] or draw too much current and melt the wires
I was able to use them on my Puma Angel with no issues
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

submerged
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Don't no much about it sorry whats an 18 or 35?? How can I check

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Don't no much about it sorry whats an 18 or 35?? How can I check
Hi
That would be the rating of the bulb in watts
Should be either in your owners manual or written right on the bulb itself
take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

mainepeace
01-31-2013, 01:05 AM
Stock are 25 or 35 (generally 25w)

Greg

submerged
01-31-2013, 01:40 AM
Are there better 25v ones ??

prodigit
01-31-2013, 05:03 AM
The tao ATM's come stock with 25W ones, and the light will work better once riding (when idling they tend to be more orangy).

Do know that that particular bike does not like a lot of drain on the stator.
Generally led lights will not give you a good vision, and you'll blind people ahead of you.
35W light bulbs will be your only alternative. Replace the tail light with a LED light, that way you save some energy on the tail, so you have some reserve for the front.

The ATM50 has a very small headlight casing. On other scoots you may find 2 or 3 headlights, on the TaoTao, there's only one, and the small reflector in the back (silver metal color) does not reflect sufficient light for you to see the road ahead of you.
It's basically there to be seen, not to see.

If you need a bike with better lights, the Zuma is more suited.

blueboy5000
01-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Most gy6 bikes will easily support two 35 watt headlamps regardless of their stators.

My Roketa/Baccio had 18watt projectors, which sucked. I upgraded to twin 35watt halogens and a pair of 55watt halogen driving lamps (and four strips of LEDs) and there has been no problem. I run an 11 pole stator, which is stock on this bike.

My 2008 Roketa Bahama 50 (handsome boy) had twin 18watt headlamps, which it kept popping. Using my Fluke DVOM, I was able to find out that 35watts was being delivered to each headlamp. So I switched to twin 35watt bulbs, and have had no problems in the two years since I have done so.

wutzthedeal
01-31-2013, 02:44 PM
I run two 35W on my headlights for a CY50-A. I did upgrade my battery to 8AH/80CCA or thereabouts, but I ran those bulbs before switching batteries (had a pint-sized 3AH factory one in there). I usually also run a heated coffee mug and my cell charger, but I keep it up with a Battery Tender Jr. Note; 35W get pretty hot; if you're dealing with a smaller casing or a lower power system, good luck.