PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for all members

mrmike
01-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I would like to suggest to all members that they include their location in their profile. The reason I suggest this is two-fold.
1. A member trying to help another member with a technical problem could see if they would be close enough to help in person. In my case I have a heated garage, tools, and just bought a scooter lift from Harbor Freight. I am retired and would enjoy helping any do-it-yourselfers in my area if they needed it. Oil changes etc.
2. It could also be helpful for finding more folks in a area to go on rides with. I've only had a scooter for less than a year but the only person in the area I know of with one lives across the street and is older than I am. He just runs to the grocery store etc. on it. I'm sure there are others around and this could be a way of meeting new people to ride with.
If members would just list city and state other members could contact them through this forum.

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
+1

Too bad many are so afraid of stalkers... You have all heard of the latest serial killer the scootist

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi
Outstanding
+!
Thats quite a fine offer i commend you
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

danno711
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
I would like to suggest to all members that they include their location in their profile. The reason I suggest this is two-fold.
1. A member trying to help another member with a technical problem could see if they would be close enough to help in person. In my case I have a heated garage, tools, and just bought a scooter lift from Harbor Freight. I am retired and would enjoy helping any do-it-yourselfers in my area if they needed it. Oil changes etc.
2. It could also be helpful for finding more folks in a area to go on rides with. I've only had a scooter for less than a year but the only person in the area I know of with one lives across the street and is older than I am. He just runs to the grocery store etc. on it. I'm sure there are others around and this could be a way of meeting new people to ride with.
If members would just list city and state other members could contact them through this forum.

Hey Mike.

That's awfully kind of you to offer. Sadly, in our day and age we don't see people reaching out like that any more...WTG!! :tup:

Btw, is this the lift form HF you have?

I saw this last week when I was there and imagined the day I could buy it

At $350 I thought is was a great deal

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_21230.jpg (http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/135x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_21230.jpg)

richardthescooter1
01-30-2013, 02:41 PM
I think its a good idea, I like to see where my scooter buddies live, another thing you could do is a member is seeing someone having trouble and lives in that area and doesn't have that info on his profile, he could pm them.

mrmike
01-30-2013, 03:00 PM
Danno711

I bought the less expensive higher lift ( $150 w/coupon). I built a platform out of 2 x 10's to roll the scooter onto, then I can lift the whole thing. This way I can also make a different platform and work on my lawn mower and pressure washer. At 68 it gets tougher to lean over to work on anything. This lift will raise stuff up 30" and up to 1100lbs. It's Harbor Freight #99887.

jeepsteve92xj
01-30-2013, 10:35 PM
+5
Often enough there is a problem could be related to climate, and having an idea where the query is coming from.
For the people worried about stalkers, you could use a neighboring town rather than your own.

Guest_3
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Hey Mike, I'm in Vernon its about 32mi's east of you.

I was told theres a scooter club up there, is that true ??.

Wayne

mrmike
02-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey Mike, I'm in Vernon its about 32mi's east of you.

I was told theres a scooter club up there, is that true ??.

Wayne

Not that I know of Wayne. I've only had a scooter since last June and used to ride with the Harley Owners Group. Maybe when the weather gets better we can round up some more folks off this forum and get together for a ride or two.

Guest_3
02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a plan Mike,

But, I think You & I are the only ones from Central NY. :shrug:

mrmike
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Sounds like a plan Mike,

But, I think You & I are the only ones from Central NY. :shrug:

I heard from one other guy in Eastwood. I also know the gal in Baldwinsville I sold my 150 to. Just be patient and we'll see what happens.