PDA

View Full Version : Like using those pretty colors? Guess what?

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Did you know that roughly 10% of the population suffers from color blindness in some form? I personally have the red-green problem which is most common. This also pertains to shades or variances of those colors, like pink and the like.

Keep in mind that what a person like me sees when you post in red or green is a big blotch of silver or just a big blur! No words, no colors!

So, probably 10% of the people on this forum will not see your posts if you use red or green. Some will not see any colors at all!

-Rich

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi Rich
I failed to take that into consideration and im guilty of highlighting words in just such a fashion
Im so very sorry and shall make it a priority to not make that mistake again
Thanks ever so much for bringing that to our attention
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

rockynv
01-30-2013, 05:14 AM
Rich how did Hanks Green and Red emoticons at the very end of each of the first two line look to you?

I go through this with the software developers that I work with and encourage them to keep/use the link to the color blind color wheel to consult when adding colour highlights to their software interfaces.

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 05:45 AM
Rich how did Hanks Green and Red emoticons at the very end of each of the first two line look to you?

I go through this with the software developers that I work with and encourage them to keep/use the link to the color blind color wheel to consult when adding colour highlights to their software interfaces.
Hi
Excellent suggestion
http://websemantics.co.uk/tutorials/accessibility_workshop/sessions/session2/05.colour_usage/01.colour_wheel/
Yours Hank

cheapeto
01-30-2013, 06:32 AM
I never thought of that myself.
I tend to skip over any technicolor posts reguardless myself.

Payneib
01-30-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm not even colour blind and I struggle when people use multi colours!

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Remember this thread when you pick your riding gear...

spandi
01-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Remind me never to buy a red or green scooter ever again. Btw Rich, I left a reply for you on the other site... and i'll keep my stuff strictly B&W. Thanks again!

terrilee
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
no dis respect intended there big guy
but the last post you made, before today, was 1-22-12
so if every year, you come make a post, well i dotn think il change my personilty
for your once a year visits

have a great day

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Terri many people come to just check in Big Guy has been around a long time maybe he got tired of rudeness and quit logging in :shrug: Or maybe he took a vow of silence :shrug: did you notice he said 10% of the population can't read it. I will be using a different means to highlight text.

jrryan
01-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Terri many people come to just check in Big Guy has been around a long time maybe he got tired of rudeness and quit logging in :shrug: Or maybe he took a vow of silence :shrug: did you notice he said 10% of the population can't read it. I will be using a different means to highlight text.

How you know what Big Guy got tired of? He's a personal friend of mine and I talked with him last night. He doesn't have a vow of silence and also rest assured he didn't get tired of rudeness at the other site and will be there too.

Maybe you need to stick to things you know instead of trying to think for others and think about what they may or may not be of anything.

Maybe you need to get a job like this.

http://flappinessis.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/crystal-ball.jpg

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 11:05 AM
seriously dude did you see the :shrug: that indicates I was speculating maybe the code doesn't display for you. I'm just saying consideration of others isn't warranted by how often they post we don't know why they don't post or that they aren't reading. Not sure how I offended you I was defending his suggestion is all. So any way back to the scooters Good day sir

50cc
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Ban the annoying gal already...

terrilee
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Ban the annoying gal already...

WOW :s

I TURN DOWN YOUR FRIEND REQUEST AND YOU WANNA BAN ME?
lmsao

on this site fitty, fitty or is it 50 cents
there is a ignore button, on this dot net site
you dont like what i type, put me on it
you will never see another post of mine.

please do, IDC :nuts:

AND YA KNOW, IVE BEEN ON ALOT OF FORUMS FOR WAY OVER 3 YEARS, hell my cats have been talked about on these forums for that long also, want me to not talk about them also?
I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED TO CHANGE MY COLOR/ PERSONALITY TO SUIT SOMEONE ELSE. WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO CHANGE MY SEX ALSO, FITTTYY

opps just saw caps was on, im not re-typing sorry

millsc
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
Bigguy won't be offended guys by terrilee's post he cant read it :s so it doesn't matter.

jrryan
01-30-2013, 11:31 AM
seriously dude did you see the :shrug: that indicates I was speculating maybe the code doesn't display for you. I'm just saying consideration of others isn't warranted by how often they post we don't know why they don't post or that they aren't reading. Not sure how I offended you I was defending his suggestion is all. So any way back to the scooters Good day sir

Speculating about what others think when you only make comments in a negative way and then wanting to twist it back like you meant nothing harmless is BS.

Your speculation was in reference to your opinion about rudeness and where would you say the rudeness is? Again I know what he thinks about things because he's not shy about telling anyone what he thinks, on the other hand your suggestions were in themselves rude and baseless you don't have a clue to as why he hasn't been around, your comment of rudeness was pointed at the other forum and wasn't merited it is your opinion.

I understand exactly what a smiley code is and I also understand when someone doesn't know what they are talking about and in your case this is the thing.

Also I'm not a dude, show some respect for someone old enough to be your grandfather and went to war to protect your right to run your mouth about things you know nothing about.

Big Guy can tell you himself why he hasn't been around and BTW I know why he hasn't, he doesn't need you to defend him with any of your "he was tired of anything" crap.

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
Speculating about what others think when you only make comments in a negative way and then wanting to twist it back like you meant nothing harmless is BS.

Your speculation was in reference to your opinion about rudeness and where would you say the rudeness is? Again I know what he thinks about things because he's not shy about telling anyone what he thinks, on the other hand your suggestions were in themselves rude and baseless you don't have a clue to as why he hasn't been around, your comment of rudeness was pointed at the other forum and wasn't merited it is your opinion.

I understand exactly what a smiley code is and I also understand when someone doesn't know what they are talking about and in your case this is the thing.

Also I'm not a dude, show some respect for someone old enough to be your grandfather and went to war to protect your right to run your mouth about things you know nothing about.

Big Guy can tell you himself why he hasn't been around and BTW I know why he hasn't, he doesn't need you to defend him with any of your "he was tired of anything" crap.
Hi
Thank you for your service i salute you
Take care and ride safely dear friend and comrade
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Wow you are so right millsc you are brilliant I missed that no sarcasm

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM

"Physician heal thyself"

My rudeness comment was directed at the person who was being rude. Don't think you know what I think I will address you properly Professor. Respect is a 2 way street.

jrryan
01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
"Physician heal thyself"

My rudeness comment was directed at the person who was being rude. Don't think you know what I think I will address you properly Professor. Respect is a 2 way street.

Then you need to direct your comments to the person who was being rude since your speculation was wide ranged and open to speculation.

Also since you don't have a clue to why he hasn't been around your comment wasn't merited because you don't have a clue as to how Big Guy thinks, again like you said speculating.

Could you not have "speculated" maybe he's took a long vacation, been in Paris having a good time, lost in the desert, etc.

Why the he was tired of the rudeness?

You're right I don't know what you're thinking although when you say things it's pretty clear what you meant but your speculation of why he hasn't been around is you trying to think why someone else is doing and it was in a negative way and "knowing" Big Guy like I do isn't merited either.

I can assure you he's a big boy "literally" and if anyone has been rude to him he can handle it.

See for yourself.

BIG GUY'S CARB CLEANING 101 (http://www.vimeo.com/6519657)

jrryan
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Hi
Thank you for your service i salute you
Take care and ride safely dear friend and comrade
Yours Hank

You're welcome Hank.

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Could you not have "speculated" maybe he's took a long vacation, been in Paris having a good time, lost in the desert, etc.

Why the he was tired of the rudeness?

t=1359566639&v=9142285&[/url]

I said something abut rudeness because someone was being rude. The vow of silence was ridiculous and should have been funny.

Not sure why your gunning for me I don't know you and you seem ready to argue with anything I say. Even harmless gentle hey be nice comments you don't know where this guy has been comments.

Any way I do respect my elders and I can assure you I have never known my grandpa to go off half cocked in public just for the sake of it. If he did my respect for him may be lessened.

I don't want to fight with you sir. I generally say things with my tongue in my cheek no disrespect was meant to big guy. I saw someone who hasn't been around for while told basically "hey I don't care what you think you have no right to make requests" I don't like that what I have seen of big guy seems to be pretty cool and I would like him to stick around. I assure you my intent was noble it's ok if you think otherwise. I have a right to say hey be nice.

Let's leave this for now we can argue about the next one or we can discuss this in private shoot me a pm and I'll send you my phone number I bet we have more in common than the differences.

bandito2
01-30-2013, 12:51 PM
How you know what Big Guy got tired of? He's a personal friend of mine and I talked with him last night. He doesn't have a vow of silence and also rest assured he didn't get tired of rudeness at the other site and will be there too.

Maybe you need to stick to things you know instead of trying to think for others and think about what they may or may not be of anything.

If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

It would be best if everyone tries to keep this in mind for ALL responses to posts that they may take issue with:

It is OK to attack the IDEA presented in the message, but NOT the poster.

If you are not absolutely positive about something and don't know it as absolute fact, then say "I think that..." or
"maybe" or a similar thing or end each point in the response with "IMO" That way if you are wrong, then it was, after
all just a guess or an opinion.

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

And opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

just my 2 good sense >D

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:52 PM
I saw someone who hasn't been around for while told basically "hey I don't care what you think you have no right to make requests"

^^^^^^directed at me^^^^^^^

i have been using red for most of the years i have been on this and other forum
and i dont care if you post a 100 times a day like you do
or once year like i pointed out

SO i dont care if you or anybody likes it

is it Fing rude of you to ask me to change to suit you????? i think so
That would be like asking you to change to suit me

I HAVE TO CHANGE TO SUIT YOU

RUDE , RUDE, RUDE, RUDE

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
^^^^^^directed at me^^^^^^^

i have been using red for most of the years i have been on this and other forum
and i dont care if you post a 100 times a day like you do
or once year like i pointed out

SO i dont care if you or anybody likes it

is it Fing rude of you to ask me to change to suit you????? i think so
That would be like asking you to change to suit me

I HAVE TO CHANGE TO SUIT YOU

RUDE , RUDE, RUDE, RUDE

I didn't ask.

It used to be called common courtesy to think of others before yourself. I missed the memo on it being rude to ask others to accommodate you but it's noted now I will pass it on to the ADA

jrryan
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I said something abut rudeness because someone was being rude. The vow of silence was ridiculous and should have been funny.

Not sure why your gunning for me I don't know you and you seem ready to argue with anything I say. Even harmless gentle hey be nice comments you don't know where this guy has been comments.

Any way I do respect my elders and I can assure you I have never known my grandpa to go off half cocked in public just for the sake of it. If he did my respect for him may be lessened.

I don't want to fight with you sir. I generally say things with my tongue in my cheek no disrespect was meant to big guy. I saw someone who hasn't been around for while told basically "hey I don't care what you think you have no right to make requests" I don't like that what I have seen of big guy seems to be pretty cool and I would like him to stick around. I assure you my intent was noble it's ok if you think otherwise. I have a right to say hey be nice.

Let's leave this for now we can argue about the next one or we can discuss this in private shoot me a pm and I'll send you my phone number I bet we have more in common than the differences.

I said something abut rudeness because someone was being rude

Where? Who? Why did you speculate his absence as someone being rude? How could you know?

have seen of big guy seems to be pretty cool and I would like him to stick around.

Then just say Hi and glad to have you, don't try to think for someone you don't even know.

Any way I do respect my elders and I can assure you I have never known my grandpa to go off half cocked in public just for the sake of it.

So that's where you got this? http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/newemoticon_lmao.gif

terrilee
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
I didn't ask.

It used to be called common courtesy to think of others before yourself. I missed the memo on it being rude to ask others to accommodate you but it's noted now I will pass it on to the ADA

its not rude to ask others to accommodate you ?

oh ok sir im sorry sir, ill do whatever everyone else wants me to do,

not
im not a business that has to accommodate you, by law

do you ever ask anyone with lets say a wild child when u r in ur fav fast food joint to leave to accommodate your right to not all that noise

but u do think its all right to ask me to change to accommodate you
thats double standards i think :hmm:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
I didn't ask direct your comments at the OP please. I'm done here

bandito2
01-30-2013, 01:09 PM
.............* peep *...........

Hello.... did anyone read my prior post?
If not, then I THINK it would be a good
idea. And please try to take the ideas
presented there into consideration.

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Hi
http://www.scootdawg.net/showthread.php?t=52678
Do try to play nice together, ... please
take care ands ride safely
Yours Hank

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Holy cow! What the heck happened here?? This has gone way too far and transmuted into a battle all it's own!

Yes Terry, I PERSONALLY CAN read your posts because I live with this syndrome! All I have to do is click and drag over it and all the letters turn WHITE, so NO I am not asking YOU to do ME a favor, thank you very much! I am quite used to it after all these years, but then again, I am also an expert computer user, unlike most people.

What I said was, "...So, probably 10% of the people on this forum will not see your posts if you use red or green." If you're good with that, so am I! I'm willing to bet most people would care less.

BTW! Thanks for that great compassionate advise! I think I'm going to run down to City Hall today and tell them how RUDE they are for asking me to have handicapped access to my business and bathrooms!

Trying to make the forum usable by 100% of the members instead of possibly 90% by making a SUGGESTION is not rude my dear -- However, calling someone who makes the [earnest suggestion] in kind rude, IS RUDE, especially when you have to type it two or three times in a row or make it 3" tall!

My personal reasons for being on hiatus for the last year are my business, not yours, and you have no right to critique my membership or the contributions I make to the forums... that's just plain rude!

I guess by your count of one post a year, I must be over 3,000 years old! Wait, let me check that math again!

-Rich

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Remind me never to buy a red or green scooter ever again. Btw Rich, I left a reply for you on the other site... and i'll keep my stuff strictly B&W. Thanks again!

I'm used to it, but thanks anyway! There are lots of colors one can use that don't distort to people like me other than red and green!

-Rich

jrryan
01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
If that is true about Big Guy, then I would think he can speak for himself without your ..... Um.. help.

It would be best if everyone tries to keep this in mind for ALL responses to posts that they may take issue with:

It is OK to attack the IDEA presented in the message, but NOT the poster.

If you are not absolutely positive about something and don't know it as absolute fact, then say "I think that..." or
"maybe" or a similar thing or end each point in the response with "IMO" That way if you are wrong, then it was, after
all just a guess or an opinion.

If you would, please re-read the responder's message. You will see he was in fact merely opining.

And opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

just my 2 good sense >D

You don't read well, I said I visited with him last night. I can assure you that what I said was/is true, I know why he's been absent for so long and yes he can clarify it.

bAnd opinions are fine as long as they are not intentionally offensive or provocative in an inflammatory way.

Since I know why I found the opinion offensive provocative and inflammatory, that's why I voiced my opinion as to the contrary and asked the poster why he may such comments without knowing why and had to associate his being gone with some being rude.

He was basing his opinion on his own feelings about others being rude "IMO" so I asked him why and then we come up with the "oh I meant no harm and was just guessing?"

His opinion has no basis and is not true and that's not an opinion it's a fact. The man has been absent because of other issues and he'll tell you that's the case.

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Distorted silver blobs!

Here's a good example of what you see:

Click the Green button to continue,
the Yellow button if you need help,
or the Red button if you want to quit.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC128785.gif

And here's what I see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC119905.gif

Here's a text example:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC98417.gif

What I see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC15860.gif

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 02:20 PM
its not rude to ask others to accommodate you ?

oh ok sir im sorry sir, ill do whatever everyone else wants me to do,

not
im not a business that has to accommodate you, by law

do you ever ask anyone with lets say a wild child when u r in ur fav fast food joint to leave to accommodate your right to not all that noise

but u do think its all right to askme to change to accommodate you
thats double standards i think :hmm:

Hi Terri
I love ya like family but your being quite arbitrary over the subject in question
He not asking on a whim or to be controlling but only to be considerate of those with a certain medical condition IE color blindness
Which affects 1 in 20 people btw
Please try to be little more understanding
Yours Hank

jrryan
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Distorted silver blobs!

Here's a good example of what you see:

Click the Green button to continue,
the Yellow button if you need help,
or the Red button if you want to quit.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC128785.gif

And here's what I see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC119905.gif

Here's a text example:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC98417.gif

What I see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC15860.gif

Hey Rich what time you think you're getting off tonight? Good to talk to you my friend a little bit ago, don't work too hard.

JR

Admin
01-30-2013, 02:53 PM
BigGuy, great post! :tup: Not that I use colored text at all, but it was very interesting to see examples of how colorblind people see things.

No one here is 'forcing' anyone to use certain colors, it was merely a suggestion, that ultimately would be helping certain membrs out. Is that what a forum is all about anyway? You should want your info to be seen as clearly as can be, for as many people as possible.

But again, your choice.

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Remember this thread when you pick your riding gear...
Yes Sir! The NTSB requires that reflective vests are ORANGE for exactly this reason! Same with all construction signs. They used to be yellow and red years ago.

The only signs that haven't changed in the US to accommodate color blindness are Interstate and Stop/Wrong Way signs. Interstate signs are no problem because they are green with white letters, but Stop signs are different. They are all red with white letters, and while the red washes out silver for me, the white letters are still glaring, especially at night!

But really, the color of your scooter doesn't matter... if you buy a red one, it looks just like a silver one to me -- a green one is a yellowish color, etc. It's not like they disappear! :-)

-Rich

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Hey Rich what time you think you're getting off tonight? Good to talk to you my friend a little bit ago, don't work too hard.
JR

I'm going to be busy all day... I'll call you tomorrow Jack.

-Rich

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 03:13 PM
Yes Sir! The NTSB requires that reflective vests are ORANGE for exactly this reason! Same with all construction signs. They used to be yellow and red years ago.

The only signs that haven't changed in the US to accommodate color blindness are Interstate and Stop/Wrong Way signs. Interstate signs are no problem because they are green with white letters, but Stop signs are different. They are all red with white letters, and while the red washes out silver for me, the white letters are still glaring, especially at night!

But really, the color of your scooter doesn't matter... if you buy a red one, it looks just like a silver one to me -- a green one is a yellowish color, etc. It's not like they disappear! :-)

-Rich

Most of them have lights too. I'm sure that helps. This is helpful insight as I ride a bicycle with out lights. I pick my jerseys carefully. How is the Hi-Viz green for you??

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 04:00 PM
The green vests are awesome! Bright and glowing to me!

-Rich

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Sweet! my jacket is Hi-Viz green nice to know I'm being seen. I'm looking at a Hi-Viz Helmet next... If my wife lets me >D

spandi
01-30-2013, 04:20 PM

-RichOh good. For a minute there I thought I had to replace my green safety vests (3) that light up too.:yay::yay::yay:

50cc
01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Another good example and in a very cute video: http://kidshealth.org/kid/talk/qa/color_blind.html

carasdad
01-30-2013, 04:56 PM
From 30+ years in the Medical field...I will say that yes about 10% of the population is Red/Green color blind. This rarely if EVER occurs in females. Now I will interject a bit of my Native American teachings that are Wildlife Biology supported. In nature you will notice most female animals are well camouflaged decorated in earth tones..this helps them blend in and guard their offspring....while the male of the species is very colorful. For example Pheasant,Ducks,Partridge,Hawks,Eagles,Song birds and the list goes on...with the exception of Deer,Bear,Felines and a few others whose offspring are born with an earth blending color for protection. In the case of Bears, Felines and several others..they need not be of an earth blending color for they are the very predators at the top of the food chain. The males of most species need not complete color vision as they themselves are the brightly colored ones...whose colors and mating ritual is what attracts the female for breeding purposes. While at a greater risk by being so colorful it does not upset the balance of nature as one male can mate with several females producing plenty of broods of offspring.(Gee sounds like something we see on the Maury Povich show huh?) Should his bright colors keep him from concealment and an easy target for predators...it does not matter for another male can replace him in the reproductive cycle. Oddly human males are not of bright colors...but then again we are also at the top of the predator/food chain. How does this apply to the OP and all other posts on it...not really sure. I am just a plethora of trivial crap as my gf tells me. But that is because I do my best to view things from another perspective..satisfy my curiosity and try my best to understand the nature of animals and humans. Hence my name..Yayiima benatigee...meaning in touch with nature or blends with nature. There will be no homework for tonight's biology lesson..however you will now be more aware of...the colors of human and animal nature.:nod:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 05:12 PM
How does this apply to the OP and all other posts on it...not really sure. I am just a plethora of trivial crap as my gf tells me.

The whole thing was interesting but that ^^^ is my favorite part you make me laugh dude.

carasdad
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
The whole thing was interesting but that ^^^ is my favorite part you make me laugh dude.
Dude is fine with me.>D More stupid trivia...there is slang word for dude..but cannot be spoken in the presence of the elder crowd. Set in their ways and rightfully so..in that they do not want the language...( as they say in their words not me...they do not want the language contaminated with slang words such as the English language is)....
But dude is ok with me...slang for it is Hiyakibee (hi a kib bee) in case you want to mess with the older crowd at the Casinos in the U.P. of Michigan..:lmao:

Payneib
01-30-2013, 06:16 PM
The males of most species need not complete color vision as they themselves are the brightly colored ones...whose colors and mating ritual is what attracts the female for breeding purposes.

With no qualifications in biology above high school, and from the safety of my sofa, many thousands of miles away, I'm going to throw in something contradictory to that! Lol

As modern science is well aware of now, humans evolved from primates, including baboons who are very usefull for this discussion. In baboons red buttocks on a female indicates to a male that she is ready to breed. One theory suggests that the "arse end advertising" of the baboon reproductive cycle has been inherited by modern man, in that the shape of a woman's body (curve of the shoulders, cleavage, shape of the knee etc) is designed to replicate a nice bum.

Moving on from that, you can see how any male baboon (looking for a red arse in a green jungle) with red/green colour blindness would have failed to mate, and thus any descendants in the evolutionary tree, would have excellent colour differentiating vision.

I personally would suggest that red/green colour blindness is caused by a random configuration of genes, activated by the "Y" chromosome, hence only ever in males.

But that is purely an (un)educated guess: I'm an engineer, not scientist! Lol If you've got anymore pearls of wisdom, keep them coming, that was very interesting!

carasdad
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
With no qualifications in biology above high school, and from the safety of my sofa, many thousands of miles away, I'm going to throw in something contradictory to that! Lol

As modern science is well aware of now, humans evolved from primates, including baboons who are very usefull for this discussion. In baboons red buttocks on a female indicates to a male that she is ready to breed. One theory suggests that the "arse end advertising" of the baboon reproductive cycle has been inherited by modern man, in that the shape of a woman's body (curve of the shoulders, cleavage, shape of the knee etc) is designed to replicate a nice bum.

Moving on from that, you can see how any male baboon (looking for a red arse in a green jungle) with red/green colour blindness would have failed to mate, and thus any descendants in the evolutionary tree, would have excellent colour differentiating vision.

I personally would suggest that red/green colour blindness is caused by a random configuration of genes, activated by the "Y" chromosome, hence only ever in males.

But that is purely an (un)educated guess: I'm an engineer, not scientist! Lol If you've got anymore pearls of wisdom, keep them coming, that was very interesting!

Thank you.I have many more. In regards to the Baboon what you say is true. But as you know we live in a very diverse and ever changing world. Therefore things are changing as we speak. Is it not odd how we only think of and mention Evolution in its past tense? Meanwhile Evolution is moving forward every day around us..yet we are too blind and stuck in our own paradigm to even see it. Evolution is not Historical by any means...for change never ends..it is the way of our earth and nature itself as well. A good example...and I always like to use my people as an example in this. My ancestors lived in huts made of grass..mud..sticks and clay with dirt floors for the children to play on. They ate raw or poorly cooked meats as well as freshly harvested fruits and vegetables that were not washed or cleansed with soap...or the chemicals producers use today to basically sterilize the produce. They had an immune system similar that of modern day Dogs,Wolves,Coyote,Fox,wild Felines and birds of prey. Not denouncing soap and water of course..but over the past 50 years we have become a Germaphobe paranoid society. We use sanitary wipes for cart handles at Wal Mart, keep gel sanitizer in our purses or throughout the house and we give Antibiotics for even the mildest of viral maladies i.e. the common cold. These are designed for bacteria..and the bacteria(part of evolution still going on oblivious to us for we think of it in past tense only) The bacteria is evolving and due to our Germaphone paranoia...what have we done? We have suppressed our immune systems to the point where..in the 1950's the Flu made us sick..we stayed home...it ran its course..we developed a stronger immunity to it(more evolution) However today..the common flu is fatal to the young and elderly in that we must get Flu shots to avoid it. Know what? It is all our fault. We brought his on. Over the Centuries evolution advanced to defeat each new strain by strengthening our immune system. We mess with nature so we pay the price. Some cultures and religions refer to this as 'Playing God'
Anyway back to your OP. I would have to concur that the Y Chromosome is somehow instrumental in color vision just as it is other in other inherent traits in male vs female. The odd trait that we do share is that both men and women carry both Testosterone and Progesterone..each at a proper level to keep our male/female traits. Androgen while a type of testosterone is found in both but higher so in males. Studies I've read have shown that too much male hormone Androgen causes Acne and can be seen notably more in thin girls with a 12 yo boyish figure..for they suffer Acne worse than the average human.
So again..back to your Op...bear with me..I get lost in thought at times. Attraction for human males and females also comes from the eyes in how they are used when engaging in conversation. Possibly why we all have different eye color as only one color may not attract everyone? Not sure. Medman the Moderator is a PA...he will come along soon I hope...and correct either of our discrepancies..explaining it backed by his in depth knowledge.:tup:

Payneib
01-30-2013, 09:14 PM
I totally agree with you that "playing god" is having a detrimental effect on evolution, both of our species and others. WRT the on going human evolution, there's more than one "type" of evolution (that I know of). One is due to change of surroundings. This means that either due to migration, or climate change, or the introduction of a predator, or some other external influence, one (or more) aspect of a species becomes non-viable, and one (or more) aspect of a species becomes advantageous. This means some individuals will die out, while others will flourish. This won't happen to us while we're bulldozing rainforests, rounding up native people's into reserves etc and laying down nice big swathes of concrete to live in. While we control our surroundings, our surroundings won't control us. (I don't mean to cause any offence there: it just seems more likely that an indigenous people, living a "natural, prehistoric" lifestyle would be more likely to evolve than a modern western people in a fabricated environment)

The other form of evolution being mutation. Mutations happen all the time. It just so happens that occasionally some of them "work" better and enable a species to thrive, expand, and destroy other species through competition for resources. How will humanity evolve with modern medicine "rectifying" all mutations? How do we know that the next great evolutionary step for our species is being surgically removed and treated with steroid cream?! Lol

But this "playing god" theory is a double edged sword. Yes, viruses and bacteria are evolving faster and faster to survive our treatments, but look at the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic compared to SARS: one killed around 50 million people worldwide, more than WW1, where as the other is supposed to be the scariest thing out of China since the GY6 engine, and only killed 774. So yes, "bugs" are evolving in reaction to external influence, but not nearly fast enough to realistically cull the host population (us).

And because we as a species evolved the ability of speech and communication, the OP of this thread no longer needs to survive in a green jungle looking for a sexy red arse, he can just tell a prospective mate, "I want to be on you" and see what she says. Also, as its wait we could deem a negative mutation (no offence ment) in terms of evolution, he would die out sharpish, but due to our species "playing god", we now have a valuable contributor to our little scooter society who hasn't been eaten by a tiger (orange cat in a green jungle!).

But of course I could be wrong!

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
Would someone please pass the crack pipe? ;-)

terrilee
01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
i like reading you 2 guys
your intelligent people, and i like to b around that.
when in rome..............?

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 09:28 PM
I think it is something far stronger than crack

Payneib
01-30-2013, 09:30 PM

Hey! I thought I did well to get two mentions of the OP, AND a scooter reference in there! Lol

EDIT: Also, if I made a joke about "what you put in your peace pipe": would that be considered comedy or racism around here? I never really know how to pitch it in a new group! Lol ;)

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Rich
I know what you mean LOL it brings to mind this old ditty
Do enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4
Yours Hank

terrilee
01-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Hey! I thought I did well to get two mentions of the OP, AND a scooter reference in there! Lol

EDIT: Also, if I made a joke about "what you put in your peace pipe": would that be considered comedy or racism around here? I never really know how to pitch it in a new group! Lol ;)

im 1 of 2 natives in here, i think there's only 2
since u asked , i have nooo problem at all
as long as in good taste
thank you for asking

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
im 1 of 2 natives in here, i think there's only 2
since u asked , i have nooo problem at all
as long as in good taste
Hi Terri
Theres native american blood in my family tree as well, Glenn aka carasdad who is native american too has know for quite a while now so you can include my daughter Lissa aka derbi as one as well
She wouldnt mind either if it was in good taste
Yours Hank

Payneib
01-30-2013, 09:51 PM
Well that was pretty much the entire joke anyway, so in glad it didn't cause offence! Lol

spandi
01-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Stronger that crack?...Naah, this is more like the consciousness expending thread, so...Ooh THE COLORS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CglvOos2bA

carasdad
01-30-2013, 10:25 PM
I totally agree with you that "playing god" is having a detrimental effect on evolution, both of our species and others. WRT the on going human evolution, there's more than one "type" of evolution (that I know of). One is due to change of surroundings. This means that either due to migration, or climate change, or the introduction of a predator, or some other external influence, one (or more) aspect of a species becomes non-viable, and one (or more) aspect of a species becomes advantageous. This means some individuals will die out, while others will flourish. This won't happen to us while we're bulldozing rainforests, rounding up native people's into reserves etc and laying down nice big swathes of concrete to live in. While we control our surroundings, our surroundings won't control us. (I don't mean to cause any offence there: it just seems more likely that an indigenous people, living a "natural, prehistoric" lifestyle would be more likely to evolve than a modern western people in a fabricated environment)

The other form of evolution being mutation. Mutations happen all the time. It just so happens that occasionally some of them "work" better and enable a species to thrive, expand, and destroy other species through competition for resources. How will humanity evolve with modern medicine "rectifying" all mutations? How do we know that the next great evolutionary step for our species is being surgically removed and treated with steroid cream?! Lol

But this "playing god" theory is a double edged sword. Yes, viruses and bacteria are evolving faster and faster to survive our treatments, but look at the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic compared to SARS: one killed around 50 million people worldwide, more than WW1, where as the other is supposed to be the scariest thing out of China since the GY6 engine, and only killed 774. So yes, "bugs" are evolving in reaction to external influence, but not nearly fast enough to realistically cull the host population (us).

And because we as a species evolved the ability of speech and communication, the OP of this thread no longer needs to survive in a green jungle looking for a sexy red arse, he can just tell a prospective mate, "I want to be on you" and see what she says. Also, as its wait we could deem a negative mutation (no offence ment) in terms of evolution, he would die out sharpish, but due to our species "playing god", we now have a valuable contributor to our little scooter society who hasn't been eaten by a tiger (orange cat in a green jungle!).

But of course I could be wrong!
+5..Excellent write up. Pass the crack pipe and all the other comments I do not understand. I think intelligent and insightful conversations are good...they get peoples minds clicking and get them out of the mundane habitual mode of thinking we all end up falling into.. Anyway..I could be wrong..no more from me. *Tears up MENSA card and wishes like hell his mother would have played "Shake the baby" in a very aggressive manner with him so he can be accepted by society*... :(

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 10:29 PM
Stronger that crack?...Naah, this is more like the consciousness expending thread, so...DUDE THE COLORS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CglvOos2bA
Hi
Ooh the colors
Good one my friend
Heres another, and one of my favorite shows btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAwcrW9NMI
Yours Hank

spandi
01-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Hank. It's official, all our Brit posters now Love you.:clap:
P.S. what was I thinking? you're right. (went back and revised the title.)

BigGuy
01-30-2013, 11:54 PM
+5..Excellent write up. Pass the crack pipe and all the other comments I do not understand. I think intelligent and insightful conversations are good...they get peoples minds clicking and get them out of the mundane habitual mode of thinking we all end up falling into.. Anyway..I could be wrong..no more from me. *Tears up MENSA card and wishes like hell his mother would have played "Shake the baby" in a very aggressive manner with him so he can be accepted by society*... :(
The comments are made in jest, or at least mine was... what good if life if you can't have some fun?

-Rich

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 11:56 PM
The comments are made in jest, or at least mine was... what good if life if you can't have some fun?

-Rich
Hi Rich
Well said my friend, well said
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 11:59 PM

-Rich

Just as mine was in jest..:nod:

scootnwinn
01-31-2013, 12:07 AM
I got it Glen I'm with you the whole tearing up you I'm smart card and wishing you were stupid

scootnwinn
01-31-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm sure you will regret it after.the drugs wear off

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-31-2013, 12:10 AM
If COLORS are such a big deal for this BIG GUY , can he not just set his computer to black and white or something ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shrug::no::shrug::nuts::bs: :hehe::yay::yay:

inuyasha
01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
I'm sure you will regret it after.the drugs wear off
Hi Rob
Aint that the truth lmao lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeYsTmIzjkw
Yours Hank

spandi
01-31-2013, 12:22 AM

-RichSo you're saying you need the crayon in the brain? (all in fun too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu8YkneQEfM

BigGuy
01-31-2013, 01:11 AM
If COLORS are such a big deal for this BIG GUY , can he not just set his computer to black and white or something ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he can do whatever he wants to do, but when one reads the posts he makes, one finds out that it is not a problem for this BIG GUY! It is was a suggestion for the 1 in 10 other men that read the board and don't know how to compensate or correct it!

Now on to the next topic! When using an exclamation point, using just one makes the same statement as 20! Example!
:cheers:

-Rich

jarlaxle
02-02-2013, 05:46 PM
i like reading you 2 guys
your intelligent people, and i like to b around that.
when in rome..............?

You got that song stuck in my head. ARRRRRRRRRRGH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgfYWc41SE

At least it's a good song. :tup: