PDA

View Full Version : Caleb Moore seriously injured

Admin
01-29-2013, 09:06 PM
I don't know if any of you are also into sleds, but Caleb Moore had a very bad wreck during the Winter X games. It doesn't look good either.

Prayers and thoughts go out to him, hopefully things turn around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDFb8k7VqY

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Hi Mike
I have one i ride during the winter months
My thoughts and prayers are with Caleb his family, friends and fans through this most difficult time
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/01/28/snowmobiler-caleb-moore-in-critical-condition-after-winter-x-games-crash/
May God bless and watch over them all
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

inuyasha
01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
Hi
Its with a sad and heavy heart that i inform you that Caleb Moore lost his battle and has passed on
http://aol.sportingnews.com/sport/story/2013-01-31/caleb-moore-dead-crash-xgames-x-games-snowmobile-extreme-sports
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends
Take care dear friends
Yours Hank

Admin
01-31-2013, 02:25 PM
RIP Caleb, followed you since you were on quads, you were so very talented.

Way too young, but atleast you died doing what you loved to do.

scootnwinn
01-31-2013, 02:51 PM
That sucks his folks are in our prayers

lovemy2strokes
01-31-2013, 02:53 PM
He had only rode a sled for 4 hours prior to joining the x games. He was one hell of a rider on quads for sure. I hope the best for his family and friends.

wutzthedeal
01-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Wow, did they explain any details? Because if you watch the slow mo, it doesn't look deadly bad; the one ski hits him and it should only be displacing 200 lbs of the machine or a little higher due to the downward motion. The only thing I can think is that when the ski hit his head, his body was still turning and the ski forced a fractured spine but he seemed to still have voluntary motion in hands and legs and awareness after. Anybody know if it was brain trauma, broken spine, or other impact trauma causing organ failure?

inuyasha
01-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Wow, did they explain any details? Because if you watch the slow mo, it doesn't look deadly bad; the one ski hits him and it should only be displacing 200 lbs of the machine or a little higher due to the downward motion. The only thing I can think is that when the ski hit his head, his body was still turning and the ski forced a fractured spine but he seemed to still have voluntary motion in hands and legs and awareness after. Anybody know if it was brain trauma, broken spine, or other impact trauma causing organ failure?
Hi
Very sad case
Moore was diagnosed with a concussion at a local hospital, where doctors later discovered internal bleeding around his heart, according to the Denver Post. He was taken by helicopter to St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Junction (http://topics.bloomberg.com/grand-junction/), Colorado, for emergency surgery. A family spokesman told ESPN on Jan. 28 that the cardiac injury led to a “secondary complication” involving his brain.
Yours Hank

wutzthedeal
01-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Oh, I get it. The secondary complication involving his brain was doctors ignoring the hemotoma swelling because they got tunnel-vision on the heart trauma. There is no reason they couldn't have done both at once; relieve the pressure on the brain and tend to internal bleeding. Only other thing might have been that they didn't catch the heart problem early, the heart stopped for some period of time and they didn't react quick enough, depriving his brain of oxygen for too long. Sorry if this sounds accusatory; I have trust issues with medical professionals giving vague causes of death; they may well all be perfectly amazing doctors and medical staff. Something just isn't passing the sniff test for me. What a loss of talent. Just my opinion; no drama, please. I'm just sad for the loss and hope it wasn't from negligent causes.

inuyasha
01-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Oh, I get it. The secondary complication involving his brain was doctors ignoring the hemotoma swelling because they got tunnel-vision on the heart trauma. There is no reason they couldn't have done both at once; relieve the pressure on the brain and tend to internal bleeding. Only other thing might have been that they didn't catch the heart problem early, the heart stopped for some period of time and they didn't react quick enough, depriving his brain of oxygen for too long. Sorry if this sounds accusatory; I have trust issues with medical professionals giving vague causes of death; they may well all be perfectly amazing doctors and medical staff. Something just isn't passing the sniff test for me. What a loss of talent. Just my opinion; no drama, please. I'm just sad for the loss and hope it wasn't from negligent causes.
Hi
Even in this day and age brain injuries are mostly a mystery
Why does one person die when another only receives brain damage and then another is perfectly fine
My Wife runs the ABI program at the Kennedy center and so we have seen lots of this and there is no easy answer
http://www.thekennedycenterinc.org/what-we-do/programs-services/acquired-brain-injury.html
Yours Hank

wutzthedeal
01-31-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi
Even in this day and age brain injuries are mostly a mystery
Why does one person die when another only receives brain damage and then another is perfectly fine
My Wife runs the ABI program at the Kennedy center and so we have seen lots of this and there is no easy answer
http://www.thekennedycenterinc.org/what-we-do/programs-services/acquired-brain-injury.html
Yours Hank

Well she would be an authority then; I know there are medical mysteries and I think there always will be but it just seems odd that they had all of the symptoms coming in for possible brain and organ injury but that working on one complicated the other. I don't know how your wife (or you, if you see it a lot) can stand regularly coming into contact with and getting to know folks who are alive and seemingly ok then gone the next day. That would crush me. Kudos for strength.

inuyasha
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Well she would be an authority then; I know there are medical mysteries and I think there always will be but it just seems odd that they had all of the symptoms coming in for possible brain and organ injury but that working on one complicated the other. I don't know how your wife (or you, if you see it a lot) can stand regularly coming into contact with and getting to know folks who are alive and seemingly ok then gone the next day. That would crush me. Kudos for strength.
Hi
Its is hard but very fullfilling I take the clients out on a regular basis to breakfast a movie or the ball game etc well you get it
I try to help out my wife as much as possible
Thank you my friend
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank