PDA

View Full Version : Moderators Needed

Admin
01-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, just a note to let you know that we'll be needing a few new moderators here on the forum, so we'll be watching for anyone who fits the bill and we feel would benefit the forum.

We'll keep ya updated! :tup:

terrilee
01-29-2013, 07:17 PM
so should a person apply?

Admin
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
No need to apply, we'll just watch and decide who we think would be a good fit. We'll then contact you, and you can either accept or decline.

carasdad
01-29-2013, 07:36 PM
No need to apply, we'll just watch and decide who we think would be a good fit. We'll then contact you, and you can either accept or decline.
Oh my..this is like being selected for Jury Duty huh?..:s
@ Hank(inuyasha)... Looks like yer gonna have a new job....I just hope you folks don't get sequestered...waiting for a verdict on a bad post..and miss dinner or sumpin...

scootnwinn
01-29-2013, 07:38 PM
It's exactly like jury duty only with scooters

teddy554
01-29-2013, 09:11 PM
I like hank but he is to nice>D Sometimes i think a thread or forum can be to nice :ugh: sometimes a little disagreement is good :tup:

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 09:34 PM
I like hank but he is to nice>D Sometimes i think a thread or forum can be to nice :ugh: sometimes a little disagreement is good :tup:
Hi Teddy
Thanks for the vote of confidence:cheers:
Im kind but firm in my beliefs so dont any one take it for weakness on my part
As nice as i am to my friends i can be just as mean to my enemies
I have a dark side as well as a light, the trick is balancing them to utilize the strenghts of both to make the sum of those parts far better as a whole .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GI7LrSHYaU
I was and always shall be career military
Glenn thanks to you as well my friend:cheers:
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank

teddy554
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
:shrug:i didn t mean it as a weakness but you wouldn't let me argue with any body

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
:shrug:i didn t mean it as a weakness but you wouldn't let me argue with any body
Hi Teddy
Ahh i getcha:lmao:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi Teddy
Thanks for the vote of confidence:cheers:
Im kind but firm in my beliefs so dont any one take it for weakness on my part
As nice as i am to my friends i can be just as mean to my enemies
I have a dark side as well as a light, the trick is balancing them to utilize the strenghts of both to make the sum of those parts far better as a whole .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GI7LrSHYaU
I was and always shall be career military
Glenn thanks to you as well my friend:cheers:
Take care and ride safely dear friends
Yours Hank
Hank..you are very welcome my fellow retired military CPO. Let us not forget our CPO creed..just as I shall never forget the Hippocratic Oath I swore to as a Combat Medic(Corpsman as you know..most do not know what that is..so when I say Medic..they say..ah ok):hmm:. We treated our fallen enemies with the very same medical care as we did our own troops. As I see it..enemy or not..were are all humans..and war with them was not over hatred of those in front of us...it was over love for those behind us. I too have a dark and light side. On here I tend to be a bit cocky...righteous and probably even borderline humorous. But when the proverbial 'Shit hits the fan' I fall into a serious...fair..non judging and strictly business mode. Odd that you mentioned 'career military' as today my gf took down my retirement shadow box to clean and dust. She pointed out each ribbon and asked what the stars on them meant. So I explained each ribbon and the gold and silver stars..since it was the first time she ever asked about them. Just as yours..each ribbon has a story and while many bring a smile...just as many bring a tear. When I explained the 5 Navy Achievement and 4 Navy Commendation ones she exclaimed "Oh my gawd are you nuts..you could have been killed" To which I replied.."Yes I could have..but dedication to duty and a sworn oath..comes before fear..for you only allow yourself the fear...after your mission is accomplished"
Thank you as well for your service...:tup:

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 11:22 PM
Hank..you are very welcome my fellow retired military CPO. Let us not forget our CPO creed..just as I shall never forget the Hippocratic Oath I swore to as a Combat Medic(Corpsman as you know..most do not know what that is..so when I say Medic..they say..ah ok):hmm:. We treated our fallen enemies with the very same medical care as we did our own troops. As I see it..enemy or not..were are all humans..and war with them was not over hatred of those in front of us...it was over love for those behind us. I too have a dark and light side. On here I tend to be a bit cocky...righteous and probably even borderline humorous. But when the proverbial 'Shit hits the fan' I fall into a serious...fair..non judging and strictly business mode. Odd that you mentioned 'career military' as today my gf took down my retirement shadow box to clean and dust. She pointed out each ribbon and asked what the stars on them meant. So I explained each ribbon and the gold and silver stars..since it was the first time she ever asked about them. Just as yours..each ribbon has a story and while many bring a smile...just as many bring a tear. When I explained the 5 Navy Achievement and 4 Navy Commendation ones she exclaimed "Oh my gawd are you nuts..you could have been killed" To which I replied.."Yes I could have..but dedication to duty and a sworn oath..comes before fear..for you only allow yourself the fear...after your mission is accomplished"
Thank you as well for your service...:tup:
Hi Glenn
Your most welcome and it was my honor and a distinct pleasure, i feel quite privileged to have been allowed to serve
I salute you as well for your service
I was raised to believe in honor, duty and self sacrifice above all else
Its who i am and i could never change
Take care and ride safely dear friend and comrade :cheers:
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Hank...I am stealing your signature line to use..going to make a parody of it..
"4wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul...3 wheels puts your car in the ditch"....:lmao:

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Hank...I am stealing your signature line to use..going to make a parody of it..
"4wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul...3 wheels puts your car in the ditch"....:lmao:
Hi Glenn
Your welcome to it my friend :cheers:
Keep in mind our trike riding brothers and sisters though, you wouldnt want to offend any one:ugh::hehe:
Yours Hank

terrilee
01-29-2013, 11:36 PM
isnt it great how our service members, past or present,
are now thanked openly, saluted, nowadays it is a honor to be a service member.

i remember going on my honey moon
in Pittsburgh, Intl. our home area,
1 guy thanked my hubs, he was spit on 3 times
in Atalanta where we transferred to LA.
a guy, young punk, same age as us, threw spaghetti
on him.
in LA omg it was totally TOTALLY horrible

He had on his beret, at that time only 1 group was allowed to wear 'em,

But those memories ares so clear, i really would love to see him in his beret, and uniform in todays atmosphere.
he wouldnt be proud, he'd be humble but just as im sure you guys appreciate the thanks, but realize those that can, do.
Not all men are created equal.

thanks guys for 'walking that line'

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/terri_leeS/98DodgeNMA23314951-0007.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/terri_leeS/220px-SpecialForces_Badgesvg-1.png

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 11:45 PM
isnt it great how our service members, past or present,
are now thanked openly, saluted, nowadays it is a honor to be a service member.

i remember going on my honey moon
in Pittsburgh, Intl. our home area,
1 guy thanked my hubs, he was spit on 3 times
in Atalanta where we transferred to LA.
a guy, young punk, same age as us, threw spaghetti
on him.
in LA omg it was totally TOTALLY horrible

He had on his beret, at that time only 1 group was allowed to wear 'em,

But those memories ares so clear, i really would love to see him in his beret, and uniform in todays atmosphere.
he wouldnt be proud, he'd be humble but just as im sure you guys appreciate the thanks, but realize those that can, do.
Not all men are created equal.

thanks guys for 'walking that line'

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/terri_leeS/98DodgeNMA23314951-0007.jpg

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/terri_leeS/220px-SpecialForces_Badgesvg-1.png

Hi Terri
My sincere condolences on your loss
I salute your Husband, and im saddened that i wont have the chance to meet him shake his hand and thank him
And i do remember the bad times and the good as i served from 1979 to 2003
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Hank....1981-2003 here. So hey..that means we are no longer 'Fleet Reserve' we are fully retired instead. Shouldn't we get a notification of that? I have not..
@ terrilee I am sorry as well... times then were horrible for service members..but then..even today we have groups that spit on troops...hold up signs that say "The only good soldier is a dead one"...and many that protest at military funerals. All while living in the comforts of their free society..which was brought to them courtesy of men such as your hubby. The audacity of such behaviour makes me irate. They have freedom because of those they condemn..yet they don't have to balls to join and be a part of their freedom. It is similar to those with armed body guards..preaching to us that we have no rights to firearms or self protection. *Steps off his Soap Box*.. :)

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:20 AM
we were in from '75-'86

and hankers thanks you
but you knew all that, lol
but i understand you alot better now then 2 yrs or more ago when we met

im sure he'd like you alot, except ur a Fing squid :shrug:

love ya bud

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Hank....1981-2003 here. So hey..that means we are no longer 'Fleet Reserve' we are fully retired instead. Shouldn't we get a notification of that? I have not..
@ terrilee I am sorry as well... times then were horrible for service members..but then..even today we have groups that spit on troops...hold up signs that say "The only good soldier is a dead one"...and many that protest at military funerals. All while living in the comforts of their free society..which was brought to them courtesy of men such as your hubby. The audacity of such behaviour makes me irate. They have freedom because of those they condemn..yet they don't have to balls to join and be a part of their freedom. It is similar to those with armed body guards..preaching to us that we have no rights to firearms or self protection. *Steps off his Soap Box*.. :)

@cara tyvm

become a PGR Patriot Guard Rider,
except as PGR you are NOT allowed to beat 'em up or u'll get kicked out

there was one ride i was on, i almost, almost so Fing close got kicked off
but the other guys held me back and covered my mouth.
as PGR your just supposed to stand there and take it BUT the main purpose to block the view and movement of them sickos, so the family can have some peace . And to ride in honor for their sacrifice

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 12:58 AM
we were in from '75-'86

and hankers thanks you
but you knew all that, lol
but i understand you alot better now then 2 yrs or more ago when we met

im sure he'd like you alot, except ur a Fing squid:shrug:

love ya bud

Hi Terri
Maybe so :shrug: But i was was of that rare breed that faced their enemy personally not just from shipboard
Your familiar with these im quite sure
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/7059457641_431336f5d7_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7059457641/)
CH C (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7059457641/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
Yours Hank

terrilee
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
LOL
im sure he would say this......
well we will take 3-4 points off , cause your a squid,
but since you have that coin? we will give u 99 points
well come join us, let me buy you a drink, wanna come over the
house for dinner? etc etc

there is really something VERY unique among all
spec ops groups. they know, they know what each team is capable of.

not saying NON spec ops people arent brave, great soldiers, sailors etc
but spec ops are spec ops.
i dont have to explain this to you
i still have his challenge coin.

http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/terri_leeS/beret.jpg

imnts2
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
All of you were more or less dam lucky. So was I. Vietnam and Korea and Japan and the closest I came to getting scared was an ofd duty South Vietnamese soldier pulled a pin at the end of the alley I lived on in Saigon and blew himself apart. In fact so lucky I have been half ashamed till recently.

Yes, it is nice that a few civilians act like they think we are not dirt. But I noticed that the sales clerks at Lowes no longer say anything about it, when I show my ID and ask for the 10% discount. They used to thank us for our service.

But pay attention to the US governement. Pay attention to how our damaged brotheres are treated. A friend who had his knees permanently damaged from a bad chute landing is still waiting for surgery and I have no doubt it will not come before he goes on Medicare and thus gets off VA's budget. The VA is underfunded. It always has been and always will be. Your retirement with not keep up with the real changes in the cost of things you buy Hank, . I could go on, but I think we all know the drill. Look at the homeless and the suiside and unemployed statistices. Frankly, as a businessman, I hate the fact that I often cannot find a younger vet that I can trust with with my customers.

I think it is a serious problem. I am a bit worried about it. But those of you as young as Hank perhaps need to worry more.

lefty2

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
All of you were more or less dam lucky. So was I. Vietnam and Korea and Japan and the closest I came to getting scared was an ofd duty South Vietnamese soldier pulled a pin at the end of the alley I lived on in Saigon and blew himself apart. In fact so lucky I have been half ashamed till recently.

Yes, it is nice that a few civilians act like they think we are not dirt. But I noticed that the sales clerks at Lowes no longer say anything about it, when I show my ID and ask for the 10% discount. They used to thank us for our service.

But pay attention to the US governement. Pay attention to how our damaged brotheres are treated. A friend who had his knees permanently damaged from a bad chute landing is still waiting for surgery and I have no doubt it will not come before he goes on Medicare and thus gets off VA's budget. The VA is underfunded. It always has been and always will be. Your retirement with not keep up with the real changes in the cost of things you buy Hank, . I could go on, but I think we all know the drill. Look at the homeless and the suiside and unemployed statistices. Frankly, as a businessman, I hate the fact that I often cannot find a younger vet that I can trust with with my customers.

I think it is a serious problem. I am a bit worried about it. But those of you as young as Hank perhaps need to worry more.

lefty2
Hi Lloyd
I hope that is correct as its been a while my friend and my memory is not as good as it was in days gone bye
How ya been i hope all is going well
Not to worry my friend, over the full span of my career ive managed to save quite a bit and have made wise investments which have paid off nicely, so even in the event of my pension being lost i would still be well off
I appreciate the concern and thank you from the bottom of my heart
Yours Hank

spandi
01-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Hank would be a good moderator, Lemmy?.... Not so much.

carasdad
01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Hi Terri
Maybe so :shrug: But i was was of that rare breed that faced their enemy personally not just from shipboard
Your familiar with these im quite sure
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7104/7059457641_431336f5d7_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7059457641/)
CH C (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7059457641/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
Yours Hank

Hank awesome..did not know that about you my friend. Many think we Navy are just ship bound. Not so...many of us are 'Ground Pounders" 2nd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 6th Marines...3rd Battalion 4th marines...8th Combat Engineers and my final a fave duty... 2nd Force Recon.Did one stint on the USS John C Stennis CVN74..precommed that ship. Worst 3 years of my life..no grass or dirt for cover in case of incoming fire...and walking on steel decks is hard on the feet and knees.Not to mention all night flight ops with F18..F14's and Helo's launching during your 2-3 hours allotted sleep at night. Also we trained with 101st Airborne...and one SEAL Team that taught us cover,concealment,Land NAV and Night Ops. Parachuted 3 times with 101st Airborne.. Ok let me rephrase that with honesty... Was PUSHED out of a plane 3 times with 101st Airborne wearing a Parachute.(All wise Squids know you don't jump out of a perfectly good airplane..that is for emergency purposes only!) 2nd Force Recon...our snipers were ONE HARDY group... departing our unit at night and spent 3-4 days no food or water(except what they found edible) on their bellies in the prone position the whole time..never standing up! Training with the SEALS was fun..talk about pranksters!! Sneak in at night..capture our night watchmen..confiscate ammo and unguarded weapons and ammo..disable our vehicles and destroy our food supply(But hell MRE's are already destroyed..some real nasty constipate you for a week food as you know) One day will send you a pic of my Ghillie suit a 2nd Class SEAL taught me to make....took 3 weeks in the field to make it. My most prized possession... from my service. With cover scent while deer hunting they have walked within 10 feet of me...were a bit jittery and nervous...yet clueless...>D When it comes to Special Forces..I can no longer watch old episodes of Macgyver...pfft too fake and a mere Amateur he was Sir...:lmao:

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Hank would be a good moderator, Lemmy?.... Not so much.
Hi
Why thank you very much my friend, its most appreciated
Lemmy has a soft side too dont ya know, well kinda soft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KnCqU_BM4
Yours Hank

spandi
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks Hank....I figured you'd "catch it"

P.S. I'd love to see a movie where Lemmy plays a summer camp counselor.

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi
Why thank you very much my friend, its most appreciated
Lemmy has a soft side too dont ya know, well kinda soft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3KnCqU_BM4
Yours Hank

Yes kinda soft. Someone as hardcore as Lemmy is even soft in a hard way. I imagine the members list would dwindle as he moderated. The only one who may be worse is Henry Rollins. That guy knows how to yell and be insulting. Absolutely too hardcore for moderation.. Hope he isn't on here or he may come and get me for saying something :no:

spandi
01-30-2013, 10:39 AM
I remember reading an article years ago in Kerrang (British Metal Mag) when he was being interviewed, he was wearing a tiny button and when the reporter leaned over to examine it, it read: "nosey f***er aren't you?" Typical Lemmy.

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Yes kinda soft. Someone as hardcore as Lemmy is even soft in a hard way. I imagine the members list would dwindle as he moderated. The only one who may be worse is Henry Rollins. That guy knows how to yell and be insulting. Absolutely too hardcore for moderation.. Hope he isn't on here or he may come and get me for saying something :no:
Hi Rob
Hate to prove you wrong but thats the act not the true man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jquRLLA78E
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM

lefty2

Lloyd...what you say my friend..is the sad truth. The VA does not compensate me for my service connected issues. For one...I was not given a Purple Heart for the AK bullet to my back right side...taking out a portion of my kidney and the Adrenal Cortex. Reason being for the above both...it was a civilian lady that did it. THEREFORE it is NOT considered "Due to enemy engagement" Seems the Gov will do anything to save money due us...to spend on themselves.>:( Just as you mentioned..I often think in terms of the near future in that on a whim they will suspend and cancel our currently received retirement pensions. While just as they do now...can serve one term in Congress and get a 100% retirement pension. We must do 20 years to get 50% and 30 years to get 75%...and now that seems threatened. Glad you did ok in Vietnam...my uncle did not fair so well...because as he says... "There...just as work in my civilian job...I never knew who my enemy was" He was the victim of some sort of trap..where when stepping on the trigger mechanism..4 sharpened Bambo spears spring up and catch you in the chest. Wow..and I thought IED's in Iraq were Barabaric..:no:
Lloyd...I can tell by your writings and enjoy them VERY much...that you can take a man out of the military..but you shall never take the military out of such man. I keep a Journal on my PC of all my thoughts and writings...it is very therapeutic for me. Here it is my friend--> Observations on life by Glenn #6470: Fear is not reality...it is just a product of thoughts we create in or minds..... Danger is very real....but fear is a choice....
Lloyd...thank you for your service..and the traditional "Welcome home brother" is in order...:tup:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
@ Hank Ya I know I have been a fan for a long time. But he does know how to speak... He truly is a great mind when it comes down to it. He's still very Hardcore. The first tattoo I got was done by an artist that knew him and worked on him...

He definitely let's you know what he thinks and expresses himself well

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 10:58 AM
@ Hank Ya I know I have been a fan for a long time. But he does know how to speak... He truly is a great mind when it comes down to it. He's still very Hardcore. The first tattoo I got was done by an artist that knew him and worked on him...

He definitely let's you know what he thinks and expresses himself well

Hi Rob
Are we not Hardcore as well my friend? so to speak
Take care and ride safely dearest friend
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Rob
Are we not Hardcore as well my friend? so to speak
Take care and ride safely dearest friend
Yours Hank

Yes we are its not a bad thing now is it. So I guess after your gentle correction I have to concede that Henry will be an excellent mod... Does he ride a scooter??

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Hi Mike
I just want to apologize for hi jacking your thread so sorry
Yours Hank

jrryan
01-30-2013, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2L3skZ7FEw

I was one of the many that hid in shame for so long for doing just one thing. Our moments are running out day by day.

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2L3skZ7FEw

I was one of the many that hid in shame for so long for doing just one thing. Our moments are running out day by day.
Hi
+100
And if i may add this
What is a Veteran?
Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, a piece of shrapnel in the leg - or perhaps another sort of inner steel: the soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe wear no badge or emblem.

You can't tell a vet just by looking.

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

She - or he - is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Da Nang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another - or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat - but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade - riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor dies
unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket - palsied now and aggravatingly slow - who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.
He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being - a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a soldier and a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember, each time you see someone who has served our country, just lean over and say Thank You. That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, Who has given us the
freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestor to burn the flag."

Father Denis Edward O'Brien/USMC
Yours Hank

danno711
01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Terrific post Hank :tup:

carasdad
01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Mike..I am in need of extending my apology as well for highjacking the thread. The bright side of it however.... is that as you read what is posted...you will see that you have an excellent group of people in your forum.:clap:

terrilee
01-30-2013, 11:48 AM
F you son of beetches

ya really know how to make a old woman cry and sob like she was 30 again.

to you few, who i know, respect and love, and you know who you are, thanks for the last 3 years, on all the forums. sorta like group therapy sometimes huh?

@carasdad dude, i knew you were a good person, but had no idea of the "fun" that you had at our expense. Cliff would do the same for you, take 4 points away for being a Fing squid, but give 99 for what you saw and had to do. TY

@JR you had to post that today didnt ya!!!!!!!!

o btw, dont forget the wives who kept the home fires lit and BRIGHT
and also was DOD to support yinz all

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:04 PM
F you son of beetches

ya really know how to make a old woman cry and sob like she was 30 again.

to you few, who i know, respect and love, and you know who you are, thanks for the last 3 years, on all the forums. sorta like group therapy sometimes huh?

@carasdad dude, i knew you were a good person, but had no idea of the "fun" that you had at our expense. Cliff would do the same for you, take 4 points away for being a Fing squid, but give 99 for what you saw and had to do. TY

@JR you had to post that today didnt ya!!!!!!!!

o btw, dont forget the wives who kept the home fires lit and BRIGHT
and also was DOD to support yinz all

Fun at your expenses? Sorry if so and not sure what I did. Can ya tell me what I did?.. As for the Wives and DOD...yes..they are all too often forgotten..and what they do behind the scenes to support us..ALWAYS goes unaccounted for. THANK YOU for bring that to the fore front...

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
sorry must not read myself good.

i meant TYVM for a
w/e "fun" you had for us at your expense

the guys we hung with always would say they were going to, or just got back from having "fun" , it was sarcasm. real 'fun' huh?
but that was they way they didnt dwell on it

50cc
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Another vote for Hank ( inuyasha ) :tup:

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:14 PM
sorry must not read myself good.

i meant TYVM for a
w/e "fun" you had for us at your expense

the guys we hung with always would say they were going to, or just got back from having "fun" , it was sarcasm. real 'fun' huh?
but that was they way they didnt dwell on it

terrilee...ah ok...tx ma'am *tips hat*...gotcha...referring to it as 'fun' makes the PTSD less...but that in actuality is bad. It has to be released as I do in therapy..or it becomes dangerous to your sanity..

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Another vote for Hank ( inuyasha ) :tup:
Hi
Thank you very much my friend
Its so very nice to be in such a warm and wonderful place
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNVNRybluQ
Yours Hank

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:29 PM
terrilee...ah ok...tx ma'am *tips hat*...gotcha...referring to it as 'fun' makes the PTSD less...but that in actuality is bad. It has to be released as I do in therapy..or it becomes dangerous to your sanity..

glad u seen what i meant :yay:
30-35 yrs ago
they didnt know what PTSD was, o im sure they did, BUT......
and actually there were 'no' wars, conflicts, w/e ever going on at that time
but you know, people were always in harms way, in El Salvador, Croatia, etc etc
just not 'official'
so there was no studies, therapy, etc
o the spec ops compounds, home bases, had lots of therapy available
for the guys, but back then, that was consider weak.
especially if they wanted to stay Berets
lotta guys would ask to be reassigned

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Hi Glenn
You have my prayers and best wishes that your condition improves
And let us not forget all our of disabled veterans
My wife runs the ABI program at the Kennedy center and has a few veterans as clients
http://www.thekennedycenterinc.org/what-we-do/programs-services/acquired-brain-injury.html
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:48 PM
glad u seen what i meant :yay:
30-35 yrs ago
they didnt know what PTSD was, o im sure they did, BUT......
and actually there were 'no' wars, conflicts, w/e ever going on at that time
but you know, people were always in harms way, in El Salvador, Croatia, etc etc
just not 'official'
so there was no studies, therapy, etc
o the spec ops compounds, home bases, had lots of therapy available
for the guys, but back then, that was consider weak.
especially if they wanted to stay Berets
lotta guys would ask to be reassigned

Sad but so very true! Not every OP is known or televised...we did brief OPS...that if under 30 days there was no combat pay...and short Special OPS are not reflected on your DD214..so the VA does not acknowledge them. Many units are used briefly as you say in El Salvador..Columbia..Ecuador etc... to deter drug Cartel. It will not show on your DD214...so you get zero....zip...nada..

Admin
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
No worries guys, I've enjoyed the read. :tup:

terrilee
01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Sad but so very true! Not every OP is known or televised...we did brief OPS...that if under 30 days there was no combat pay...and short Special OPS are not reflected on your DD214..so the VA does not acknowledge them. Many units are used briefly as you say in El Salvador..Columbia..Ecuador etc... to deter drug Cartel. It will not show on your DD214...so you get zero....zip...nada..

we were in germany for 8 yrs total
out of that 8 he was home 4yrs , maybe,
i know where he was, they taught him German and russian in language school,
oh sure i didnt really know, but ya know, ya know??? make sense
anywhos since he was never home i handled his pay checks fiances et al
never saw a combat pay, nope nothing on DD214 either
hmmmmm he musta been hiding in the kaserne, ay thats the ticket :hmm:

Guest_2
01-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Yep things missing off my 214 also.

carasdad
01-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Yep things missing off my 214 also.

Oh..I am sure it was just in error...*rolls eyes*..the majority of folks I know including myself have that. They say it can be fixed if you can show proof. So how does this work??... I mail them a Camel Spider from Afghanistan or a Kilo of fresh raw uncut Cocaine from Columbia....as proof?....:hmm: