PDA

View Full Version : Can you relate to this?

danno711
01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
wFnZaoiZMc4

scootnwinn
01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
That is very cool yes I can relate

spandi
01-29-2013, 09:53 AM
You'll never know embarrassment until you're in line at a gas station (where everyone else is paying $60 bucks) and you hand the attendant your $3.72.

jarlaxle
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
I once used the phrase, "I need $300 on pump 18."

danno711
01-29-2013, 10:06 AM
You'll never know embarrassment until you're in line at a gas station (where everyone else is paying $60 bucks) and you hand the attendant your $3.72.

I dunno....I'd think I'll have a great big smile on my face! :nod:

terrilee
01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
i have a .9 gal tank
and rarely let it fall below 1/2 before i fill up again
{scared of running out somewhere in the sticks , i guess}
so gas is $3,54 here
so when i top up, and pay < $2.00
thats always a convo starter
met quite a few good looking guys that way :tup:

carasdad
01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
i have a .9 gal tank
and rarely let it fall below 1/2 before i fill up again
{scared of running out somewhere in the sticks , i guess}
so gas is $3,54 here
so when i top up, and pay < $2.00
thats always a convo starter
met quite a few good looking guys that way :tup:

Oh my girl..met a few men that way? Unfair..I should be able to meet a few ladies that way...:nod: It is though as you say...a conversation starter. Just like you I always fill up at about 1/2 tank. One day at the Marathon station in town...I looked at the price of gas..did the math in my head for the cost of 1/2 gallon. Told the gal I needed $2.30 on pump 4....she gave me an odd look..tried to see out the window at the pump...then asked me.."Huh?..what the hell...did you push your lawnmower up here?".... :lmao:

lovemy2strokes
01-29-2013, 12:19 PM
I keep a hand full of change in every one of my scooters just in case I need to fill up and lost/forgot my cash. 1.50$ can get me anywhere in St Louis on my little scoots. I always feel strange when I give them 3$ and have to come back for my change so I usually buy a pop with the left over also.

lykos23
01-29-2013, 12:58 PM
That's pretty funny. I've barely owned my scooter a month and I have yet to even attend a gas station pump, but I've driven up there to buy HEET before :P.

I relate more to this commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCXyr5aJd8
:/

scootnwinn
01-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Can you translate? for all we know he said Godzilla will get you, you ugly American...

carasdad
01-29-2013, 01:15 PM
That's pretty funny. I've barely owned my scooter a month and I have yet to even attend a gas station pump, but I've drove up there to buy HEET before :P.

I relate more to this commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCXyr5aJd8
:/

Your gonna love your first gas station visit. You will fill your tank...walk in..buy a Slurpee and a Chilli Dog...pay for it all with total cost under 5 bux. Then walk outside and see the guy with the SUV...nozzle still in his tank...eyes rolled back as he mutters such things as "Daughters College fund...poof!...down payment on my new Bass Boat...poof!...Scheduled vacation in Vegas...cancelled...all so the CEO of BP oil company can buy a new Lamborghini Countach"....

terrilee
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh my girl..met a few men that way? Unfair..I should be able to meet a few ladies that way...:nod: It is though as you say...a conversation starter. Just like you I always fill up at about 1/2 tank. One day at the Marathon station in town...I looked at the price of gas..did the math in my head for the cost of 1/2 gallon. Told the gal I needed $2.30 on pump 4....she gave me an odd look..tried to see out the window at the pump...then asked me.."Huh?..what the hell...did you push your lawnmower up here?".... :lmao:

u can meet women that way?
as long as they dont have a ring on, say something, anything.
"nice scoot' or " wow nice/car/scoot/truck" NO BODY PARTS :nuts:
or 'damn your fine'
lotta girls , want u to say hi 1st, esp us older girls

and hey im old, as long as he aint to ugly, lmsao:ugh:
ill speak to anyone, till well, u know.........

:lmao::lmao: yea babe i done did push mineine lawnmower up hereya. thanks :lmao::lmao:

lykos23
01-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Your gonna love your first gas station visit. You will fill your tank...walk in..buy a Slurpee and a Chilli Dog...pay for it all with total cost under 5 bux. Then walk outside and see the guy with the SUV...nozzle still in his tank...eyes rolled back as he mutters such things as "Daughters College fund...poof!...down payment on my new Bass Boat...poof!...Scheduled vacation in Vegas...cancelled...all so the CEO of BP oil company can buy a new Lamborghini Countach"....
LOL too true. I think I'll end up spending more money on gas for my weed whacker than I will for my scooter if things keep going the way they are.

Can you translate? for all we know he said Godzilla will get you, you ugly American...
You seem to be a lot better than me at Japanese. I had no idea it said that... No wonder the zook sales did so poorly...

carasdad
01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
u can meet women that way?
as long as they dont have a ring on, say something, anything.
"nice scoot' or " wow nice/car/scoot/truck" NO BODY PARTS :nuts:
or 'damn your fine'
lotta girls , want u to say hi 1st, esp us older girls

and hey im old, as long as he aint to ugly, lmsao:ugh:
ill speak to anyone, till well, u know.........

:lmao::lmao: yea babe i done did push mineine lawnmower up hereya. thanks :lmao::lmao:

terrilee...anyway you could give us men lessons on 'Lady Speak'... Cause I really messed up when she asked if I brought my lawnmower up there.:no: I told her "Yes...I brought my lawnmower..mind turning around so I can see your 'backyard'...<--- Epic Fail....:nuts:

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 01:37 PM
Hi
I dont, I love it when the person in front of me spends 70 or 80 dollars and i then slap down the spare change in my pocket while proudly declaring " "
"Fill Her Up"
To see the look on their faces is priceless:yay::clap::tup:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

spandi
01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Hank that was posted with tongue ever so firmly planted in cheek

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Hank that was posted with tongue ever so firmly planted in cheek
Hi
I knew :hehe:
But it gave me the perfect opening for my post:clap::yay:
You make a great straight man :lmao:
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Hi
I dont, I love it when the person in front of me spends 70 or 80 dollars and i then slap down the spare change in my pocket while proudly declaring " "
"Fill Her Up"
To see the look on their faces is priceless:yay::clap::tup:
Yours Hank
Hank...so true. Also when I see the gas stations "Have a Penny..leave a Penny..need a Penny...take a Penny" box on the counter..I look at it and think.."Dang there's almost a 1/4 tanks worth of gas in that thing"...:yay:

richardthescooter1
01-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Your right Hank, I throw my spare change in a jar (gas money for scoot) they can have their cars, give me am scoot

terrilee
01-29-2013, 05:51 PM
terrilee...anyway you could give us men lessons on 'Lady Speak'... Cause I really messed up when she asked if I brought my lawnmower up there.:no: I told her "Yes...I brought my lawnmower..mind turning around so I can see your 'backyard'...<--- Epic Fail....:nuts:

yes you are correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!
that was
wrong, wrong, wrong
you know better?:ugh:

and wait aint you married???

carasdad
01-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Not married....but been there..done that...:ugh:

terrilee
01-29-2013, 09:47 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh single ic :nuts:

well sure i can teach ya,

"come on up and see me some time big boy "

ive taught 100's of classes, lmsao

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-29-2013, 09:52 PM
:hehe:

qwertydude
01-29-2013, 11:47 PM
It was even more impressive back in the day of $1 gas. Give the guy a dollar fill up you tank. I'm sure there are some real old timers here who used to ride Cubs back in the day who can remember doing the same thing with a quarter.

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 11:57 PM
It was even more impressive back in the day of $1 gas. Give the guy a dollar fill up you tank. I'm sure there are some real old timers here who used to ride Cubs back in the day who can remember doing the same thing with a quarter.
Hi
Gas was $0.60 agallon when i got my first street legal motorbike i was 16
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Remember when gas stations shut down for a day or so...or left one pump working as the others were being replaced...because gas went up to $1.05. The old pumps were only designed to go up to 99 cents. So while the other pumps were being replaced...the working one was set at 53 cents per gallon and they used a calculator when you went in to pay..to find the actual cost..:lmao: oh the good old days..ride my mini bike with a one quart tank to the gas station(on the road and cops did not even stop or bother me) Ok...dating myself..exposing my age on this one...BUT..to fill my one quart tank cost me about...8 cents..:yay:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Wow your old

The day after I got my first car gas went up to $1.01 for the first time...

spandi
01-30-2013, 12:22 AM
I can remember my old man going to the local gas station when I was a kid and spending a whopping 29 cents a gallon.

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
Wow your old

The day after I got my first car gas went up to $1.01 for the first time...
Rob..hey now...I was a kid with a mini bike...it was like 1972 and gas was 25-30 cents per gallon. Smoked were 3 packs for a buck...and a can Coke cost you a quarter...a Snickers bar was a quarter as well.
But me old?...Not all..ya see I can remember when..when...hang on...oh yeah I can remember when.. Never mind..it wasn't that important..:hmm:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Hey being old is better than the alternative right?

medman1952
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
In my home town when I was a kid, you could buy gas for 26 cents a gallon forever, and when we went to Texas, in Gila Bend Arizona they usually had gas wars that would rive it down to 17 cents a gallon. I'm old. It was commonplace to pull in and get full service and ask for a buck or two worths of gas and get you oil check and air in your tires.

I had an uncle that had a station in Texas and if you wanted an oil change there was no labor charge at his station, you just paid for the oil and the filter.

Admin
01-30-2013, 01:32 AM
In my home town when I was a kid, you could buy gas for 26 cents a gallon forever, and when we went to Texas, in Gila Bend Arizona they usually had gas wars that would rive it down to 17 cents a gallon. I'm old. It was commonplace to pull in and get full service and ask for a buck or two worths of gas and get you oil check and air in your tires.

I had an uncle that had a station in Texas and if you wanted an oil change there was no labor charge at his station, you just paid for the oil and the filter.

Wow, that's a far cry from today's norm! You can't even get AIR for 17 cents now! lmao :no:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 01:45 AM
There is a new air station in my town that takes credit cards $1 for 2 tires built in pressure gauge...

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 01:47 AM
There is a new air station in my town that takes credit cards $1 for 2 tires built in pressure gauge...
Hi Rob
Yikes:ugh:>:( air is still free at most stations here:yay:
Take care and reide safely dear friend
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 01:50 AM
You can still get it for free here that gas station is for the tourists though

danno711
01-30-2013, 06:45 AM
Currently, I use about $26 of gas a week traveling to and from work.
With the Burgman, I'm going to estimate that will drop to about $3.51 :yay:

That's about 90 a month in savings.....:yay:

About $1100 a year in savings.....:yay:

This bike should pay for itself in just over 2 years!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

blueboy5000
01-30-2013, 07:30 AM
My first date with my wife I drove her all around the local towns on my Kymco Yup 50.

Three months later she bought a Roketa and the rest is history.

danno711
01-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Opps...I've just re read my own post.....I'll need about $12 in gas a week not
$3.51 . I guess I hadn't had my coffee yet. :hehe:

That will save me $56 a month and $672 a year......comparing what it now cost me.

Plus it will be a whole lot more fun traveling to and from work :yay:

scootnwinn
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
You just paid for your gear...

spandi
01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
My first date with my wife I drove her all around the local towns on my Kymco Yup 50.

Three months later she bought a Roketa and the rest is history.
Ah the course of true love! (at least for scooters.)

carasdad
01-30-2013, 10:57 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh single ic :nuts:

well sure i can teach ya,

"come on up and see me some time big boy "

ive taught 100's of classes, lmsao

terrilee...tx..but not a big boy here...5' 8'" 145lbs..28" waist..:ugh: But not all parts of me are petite...*giggles*...:hehe: That is one thing that kept me safe in Iraq...if I turned sideways...it was like they were shooting at a pencil...:yay:

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
terrilee...tx..but not a big boy here...5' 8'" 145lbs..28" waist..:ugh: But not all parts of me are petite...*giggles*...:hehe: That is one thing that kept me safe in Iraq...if I turned sideways...it was like they were shooting at a pencil...:yay:
Hi Glenn
Thats almost my build....when i was 17 lol 135 and 5' 10
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5152/7072130655_e35e3a11a3_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7072130655/)
Navy 1 007 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/7072130655/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
Ive gained a bit of muscle by this time in life though currently weighing in at 205
Yours Hank

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Hank I have recent pictures of you...and you did bulk up. Not fat wise either...I know I sure would not mess with ya Sir. I lifted weights religiously everyday...I got buff like a gymnast...but was still a small fella..:shrug: But that is due to the fact that I have always been a distance runner...and as ya know that tends to make us skinny.. While most likely not appropriate for this forum...I will post this pic briefly since I can't email pics to ya. Then I will delete the post. Pic is 3 yo..so now I have less hair..:lmao:..and due to winter my Native Pigment has faded a bit.>:( 145lb man with the mouth and attitude of a 245lb man..:nuts:
*My apology in advance for anyone this offends and I will be removing it quickly*
Hi Glenn
Your looking in great shape my friend
And its not the size of the dog in the fight but... im sure you know the rest
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi Glenn
Your looking in great shape my friend
And its not the size of the dog in the fight but... im sure you know the rest
Yours Hank

Hank..tx...however...as nature would have it...my body is starting to realize it is 49 yo. i.e. yesterday I fell on the ice...where I used to jump back up and laugh...this time it took me a minute and I had to say OUCH!! &^%$#@...:no: Getting old sux...

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:45 PM

lmsao

actually i was quoting a movie
know which one?

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
Hank..tx...however...as nature would have it...my body is starting to realize it is 49 yo. i.e. yesterday I fell on the ice...where I used to jump back up and laugh...this time it took me a minute and I had to say OUCH!! &^%$#@...:no: Getting old sux...
Hi Glenn
Your most welcome
I wouldnt go that far but i will say life is way too short
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-qQcNT_fY
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi Glenn
Your most welcome
I wouldnt go that far but i will say life is way too short
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR-qQcNT_fY
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank
LOVE that song...words are so true and meaningful...:tup:
@ terrilee...no clue..what movie was it? I know "Big Boy" was a common Mae West saying..

terrilee
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
DANG NOW I FORGET THE MOVIE
BUT THATS WHAT I WAS DRIVING FOR GOOD OL MAE WEST

oops caps again sorry

carasdad
01-30-2013, 01:02 PM
DANG NOW I FORGET THE MOVIE
BUT THATS WHAT I WAS DRIVING FOR GOOD OL MAE WEST

oops caps again sorry

Every picture tells a story...and now you see...I am not a big boy. Mae West would have said..."Lil fella...come back when you hit puberty and have at least one chest hair"....:lmao: A curse of Native American heritage...lack of body and facial hair. Did you know...when Settlers first arrived...the Natives thought they were a subspecies as they had not seen chest..back...or facial hair. Most Settlers had beards and that really confused them.:hmm:

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 01:06 PM
lmsao

actually i was quoting a movie
know which one?

Hi Terri
That would be "She done him wrong"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B69HtZZc0s
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Hi Terri
Yours Hank
Hank...change your name from inuyasha...to Hankagoogle or Hankapedia...you are so fast at finding answers.
@ terrilee...that was the movie alright...*neener neener*..>D

terrilee
01-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Every picture tells a story...and now you see...I am not a big boy. Mae West would have said..."Lil fella...come back when you hit puberty and have at least one chest hair"....:lmao: A curse of Native American heritage...lack of body and facial hair. Did you know...when Settlers first arrived...the Natives thought they were a subspecies as they had not seen chest..back...or facial hair. Most Settlers had beards and that really confused them.:hmm:

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lol im 100% Ute {noochew clan}
our people wasnt out east
but theres the same stories
they didnt bathe either

some natives grew some hair facial and otherwise
but as u said it was totally strange

inuyasha
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Hank...change your name from inuyasha...to Hankagoogle or Hankapedia...you are so fast at finding answers.
@ terrilee...that was the movie alright...*neener neener*..>D
Hi Glenn
I seem to be blessed with a plethora of seemingly useless trivia at times LOL LMAO
Yours Hank

Payneib
01-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Hey Hank, it's nice to see another navy man around here, but my ships were all HMSs instead of USSs! I'll have to have a rummage for some pics......

And I can definitely relate to the OP: my Mrs was cussing at a news story at another rise in fuel tax, I was trying not to laugh when I told her a tank of fuel on the ped will be about £7 tops! Lol

carasdad
01-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Note: Pic and post deleted as promised.:tup:

tinstar
02-01-2013, 04:41 AM
Ahh yes...I am old. I remember the days when you pulled up to a gas station and two or three guys would come out in uniform and check the pressure in the tires, get under the hood and check all the fluids (always showing me the oil stick to show me where the oil was), and clean ALL the windows! High test or low test?! 19 cents per gallon for regular. For a dollar, I could ride around town...heck, the whole county, all night long! Those were the good old days! Air was free and I never thought in a million years that we would have to pay for air! Well...water for that matter...never thought anyone would ever pay for water! Things are crazy these days.

WarrenS
02-01-2013, 10:00 AM
I remember when they gave you drinking glasses or other premiums when you bought gas. I still have glasses with a tiger on them for putting a tiger in my tank.

spandi
02-01-2013, 10:07 AM
I do remember some folks with the fake tiger tail hanging out of the gas cover.
Did't have a tiger in my tank, but I did have the banana seat bike with tiger stripes.

spandi
02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Hi Terri
Yours HankFavorite Mae West line:(reading from a school blackboard) "I'm a good boy, I'm a good man, I'm a good girl....What is this, propaganda?":lmao:

jarlaxle
02-02-2013, 05:38 PM

Ye gods, yer a toothpick! You're 10lbs heavier than my brother...and 5" taller. I have 5" and 100lbs on you.

And if you make any jokes about my 38" waistline, I will sit on you! >:(

:)

jarlaxle
02-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I do remember some folks with the fake tiger tail hanging out of the gas cover.
Did't have a tiger in my tank, but I did have the banana seat bike with tiger stripes.

That was a Pontiac promotion...the "GTO Tiger" ad campaign.

jeepsteve92xj
02-07-2013, 12:14 AM
I like $6 or $7 in the scoot for a week. Filled the van from 1/4 to full for only $104.00. The van does last longer but it has 18 times the fuel capacity.
The ecotron kit should help FE, not enough to pay for itself anytime soon.

Summer 2010,I probably saved the cost of the scooter in gas compared to the Chevy Suburban just for the summer.

Irish
03-11-2015, 12:25 PM
When I was a kid I used to cut lawns. I finally saved up enough to buy a power mower. It was the Reel type. I don't even know if they had Rotaries then. I remember when they changed the price on the pump to $.25 a gallon & I was mad because it came out of my profits! A power mower might sound like an unnecessary frill but I cut almost every lawn in the neighborhood + my parents & they weren't SMALL lawns! OLD? Irish:hmm:

Irish
07-29-2015, 12:05 PM
I have YET to visit gas pumps with my ride! My ride is a 2006 Sportster 1200 w/Trike kit. It would probably be considered more of a motorcycle than a scooter. The reason that my ride hasn't been to the gas pumps is that I fill a separate container with gas & keep the tank filled myself. That way I don't have to worry about the paint on my tank getting chipped! The paint is too nice to take a chance on messing it up! I even use a funnel when filling it up. It takes a little longer but I'm old & I didn't think I would live this long anyway!>D:tup: Irish

Modene
07-29-2015, 12:32 PM
What I do is fill up my scooter & a 1 1/2 gallon gas can at the same time. When I need gas I fill up out of gas can until is gone & half of my of the scooter tank is empty then fill up both that usually cost $6.00 - $7.00 to fill up .