PDA

View Full Version : MC-54-250b Roketa Scooter Info:

richardthescooter1
01-28-2013, 03:37 PM
Just want to get you dawgs a heads up on this model, to those of you that have one or thinking about buying this scoot. When you do the PDI make sure you replace all the y connections in your vacuum lines, vacuum pump area. I had ongoing issues (I'd say a lot of you dawgs know what I'm talking about) my scoot would keep shutting off, not to long ago I got a new intake, so I bought new y connector from the intake, but use the oem y connection to the fuel pump and to the acv to carb, about two week ago I replaced that y connection, got looking at it and discovered that one side was totally plugged. After two year wothy trouble I think I finally found the problem, so I said all that to say this replace all of those old y connections.

Lefty
01-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Good Poop Rich, Nobody would even think of checking those "Y" and or "T" connectors. You just buy then and usually just go ahead and connect the hoses to them.
Lefty

richardthescooter1
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Hi Lefty, I have found that learning from the best will sooner or later rub off, and then pay attention to details concerning what your working on and when you learn something that can benefit others, pass it on.

jrryan
01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Great idea Richard, glad we've been able to help you at our forum.

http://creambmp.com/wp-content/uploads/did-i-do-that-urkel.png

JR

richardthescooter1
01-29-2013, 12:31 PM
I've been taught by the professor, and others. (Hey, what can I say, I've bee taught by the best:)

richardthescooter1
01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Another thing that I did tell you about that y connector that I took off the size was only 1/8, this was the OEM part that came with my 250b. (1/8 y for a 257cc, lets get real!!) I just bought another y connector today, 3/16. They are on the same size now.

richardthescooter1
02-01-2013, 03:30 PM
If anyone has a 250b roketa with the OEM vacuum hose connectors, (Y's or T's) what size do you scoot have? I don't now if 1/8 Y or T is normal size for roketa, they were on mine, so I'm not sure if that's the OEM or not.