PDA

View Full Version : PC Speakers? More like Peace Speakers!

lykos23
01-28-2013, 03:22 PM
Today I decided to fiddle with my scooter a bit. First I reinstalled the carb and faced issues 'til I messed with my finally-revealed a/f screw. Then once I got the scooter running decent with little to no bogging with throttle (still waiting on those jets) I decided to add a stereo system.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fw5s3.jpg

I found some old pc speakers laying around which utilized a 12v dc transformer, and with a simple snip I managed to rewire it directly to my battery. Now I'll have to be sure to turn'em off every single time so they don't drain the battery but they seem to work great. At only 12w they're perfect for what I use them for.

It has to be the simplest and easiest way to install a stereo I've ever seen.

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 03:51 PM
I think you need a longer cord ;) It looks like it will work though. Keep customizing.

carasdad
01-28-2013, 04:14 PM
This what I use on mine. They did come in 60 watt like mine but are only 30 watt now.The system is tiny.... the size of 2 packs of smokes laid side by side. The remote not much bigger than a credit card and less than 1/4" thick. Remote mounts to my dash panel with a small GPS car dash mount. 2 3inch all weather speakers in the body side panels and an 8" subwoofer mounted up under the seat bucket with a few holes drilled in bucket. This makes the seat bucket and body panels enhance the bass sound. System really cranks and you cannot beat the price! Amp has FM...Ipod plug in...SD card slot and CD input. Fits neatly in a glove box..under the seat...mounted to the bucket wall..or just about anywhere! Solder a longer piece of wire to the original antennae and run it to the back of the scoot for a better reception signal. Dash mounted remote allows you to keep your eyes on the road...vice looking down to adjust volume or change stations...:tup: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-USB-SD-FM-Audio-Stereo-Power-Amplifier-LED-Display-Hi-Fi-AMP-Remote-Control-/290852827741?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item43b82df25d