PDA

View Full Version : My Scooter Project.... :D

99owned
01-27-2013, 11:42 PM
So, I was brought this 2009 Kymco Sting 50 to be fixed. I work on scooters for side cash. I told the customer I really liked it and he asked what I'd give him for it. The scoot needed a lot of work, and it was going to be a lot for him to fix it. So I offered him 350 or 200 and my old 4 stroke Roketa Mc-02-50B. He took the 200 and the beat up 4 stroke. I figured I got out with a steal! After getting into the scoot, I realised I had just screwed my self to the floor. Lol. It had a burnt up clutch, Needed a new top end, Needed carb adjusting, Was missing a seat, and the High beam front panel, had turn signals missing and such. The scoot wouldn't hit over 30 down hill when I first started working on it. I have had the scooter for about a month now, and this is what I've done. Pics Below aswell.

EDIT: My new top speed is now 40-45 down hill, depends on what hill...
Top Speed on a flat road/slightly inclined = 35 MPH
Top Speeds up a hill constant 25 and climbing slowly maxes out at usually 30.

What I've Done:

-Tuned Carb, Air/Fuel Mixture, Restrictor, Needle Height, Float Height, Re-Jet to #95
-Replaced Top End with Stock OEM Head and Piston.
-Replaced the stock carb/intake spacer/gasket with a Honda aero 80 Spacer/Gasket for better flow. (Bigger than the carb outlet it's self. Instead of A tiny bit of air/fuel getting sucked into the motor, all of the fuel/air is getting sucked in.
-Replaced clutch with stock OEM replacement.
-Replaced rollers with 5g sliders
-Adjusted Throttle cable, (Slide wasn't opening all of the way)

What I plan on doing over the next 2-3 months:

-Airsal 70cc BBK
-Tecnigas RS II Chrome Exhaust
-Peformance Clutch/Variator (Haven't decided on which ones)
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Carbon Reeds
-Arreche Racing air filter (Looks Sick!!!)
-12mm Jasil Crank
-Performance CDI
-Repaint the scoot, Red and Black, Spider Bite Theme... Going to do it myself, with a spray gun :D

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Hi
Do enjoy the build:cheers: looks like a lot of fun to me:yay:
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

99owned
01-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I've had nothing but fun with the scoot, Except the one time I ran out of fuel in the middle of an intersection... The fuel gauge/sensor was acting up saying I had a full tank... LOL

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Nice way to save a scoot. I always use my odometer/trip meter to determine if I need fuel or not I have never had a bike whose fuel gauge told the truth and have had some without them...

Nice work can't wait til its shiny

99owned
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Nice way to save a scoot. I always use my odometer/trip meter to determine if I need fuel or not I have never had a bike whose fuel gauge told the truth and have had some without them...

Nice work can't wait til its shiny

Yep. I may start doing that, and I am itching to paint it now!! But.. I don't want to take the risk of scratching the paint when taking the plastics off and back on, or doing work on the scoot in general.

teddy554
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Nice got some work o do, but you have a great game plan cant wait to see the finished project

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 04:30 PM
look into vinyl wrap I am looking at using it on mine. Easy to apply and quite durable sections can be replaced if they get scratched.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Graphics/3Mgraphics/Products/Series1080/

Haven't used it but I hear good things about it. You can get animal prints even if that floats your boat...

99owned
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Looking at the wraps... They have the ability to be shaped? If so, I'll definitely try and work with them on some chrome red and carbon fiber wraps. Like I said before, I want the scoot to have a "Spider Bite" theme, So More looking towards Red/Black. But a little chrome won't hurt a bit!

99owned
01-29-2013, 03:57 PM
I requested some samples from 3M.

inuyasha
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Looking at the wraps... They have the ability to be shaped? If so, I'll definitely try and work with them on some chrome red and carbon fiber wraps. Like I said before, I want the scoot to have a "Spider Bite" theme, So More looking towards Red/Black. But a little chrome won't hurt a bit!
Hi
She may give you some inspiration
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6702439119_91b4649720_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/6702439119/)
Aprilia+SR50R+Spiderman+05 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/67070952@N06/6702439119/) by inuyasha50 (http://www.flickr.com/people/67070952@N06/), on Flickr
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

99owned
02-05-2013, 11:12 PM
that is one sexy scoot!! I tried the 3M vinyls, Got some samples, And I am going to buy some carbon fiber, glossy metallic red, and some pearl white rolls from the local dealer here.

This project is now on hold due to me hitting a guy in the head with my scooter helmet and being charged with assault. Hopefully, It won't go straight down the pipe and I lose everything but when things get settled she will be finished! Will post some pics of the new and improved exhaust, (Drilled 5 or 6 holes in the back for more air flow to match the big jets. It improved acceleration by a TON. Popping wheelies out of stop lights like it's my job!! 50cc scoot doing wheelies... I love it.