PDA

View Full Version : Oh, this poor guy

beachbum
01-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I really feel bad for this dude. Dang!

http://s905.beta.photobucket.com/user/bashan_2010/media/Video2/bikeonayatcht.mp4.html

Thanks Bashan

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Hi
:ugh:
Oh man that looked like it hurt
I pray hes alright
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

jlhog
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Ouch

terrilee
01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
OMFG bet he/she feels silly as &&&&

teddy554
01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Yeah he is a idiot for sure,after that one

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah he is a idiot for sure,after that one

Hi teddy
:no:
Is that nice? the poor guy has an accident and you call him an idiot
take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

teddy554
01-27-2013, 10:06 PM
well anyone riding where he was cant be to smart >D

prodigit
01-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Shizz!
That must've sucked like hell!

Seems like he fell on the boat, while the bike fell on some solid ground!
At least the bike didn't seem like it fell in the water.. So perhaps it can still be salvaged.

teddy554
01-27-2013, 10:11 PM
On youtube it tells you the full story the guy is like a tester for some magazine or show if i remember correctly

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
well anyone riding where he was cant be to smart >D
Hi
There appears to be enough room though i may be wrong, and to me it looks like he wasnt paying attention when he hit the stanchion which caused the accident
Yours Hank

prodigit
01-27-2013, 10:29 PM
yeah, it seems he hit the pole with his side trunk; one reason why leather bags would have been a better choice.

beachbum
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
We all make mistakes in judgement now and again. What are some dumb scooter blunders you have made. I'll go first

My pant leg got caught on the center stand and as I tried to put my left foot down it pull the scoot down, I twisted the throttle and I did a 180 right into my sons truck and cracked the front plastic. I was so glad no one was there to see that.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 10:47 PM
We all make mistakes in judgement now and again. What are some dumb scooter blunders you have made. I'll go first

My pant leg got caught on the center stand and as I tried to put my left foot down it pull the scoot down, I twisted the throttle and I did a 180 right into my sons truck and cracked the front plastic. I was so glad no one was there to see that.
Hi
Couldnt agree with you more:tup:
I'll go second
I was reving my Puma on the center stand with out holding the brakes when she shot about 20 feet down the road and then slid on her side
We all do make errors in judgement at times
Yours Hank

teddy554
01-27-2013, 10:49 PM
I had to dumb moment both in gravel, once i park my scoot in deep gravel on the side stand only to come back to it laying on the ground with a broke mirror and plastic, second i pulled into a drive pretty fast and it change from pavement to gravel and there was a lot of loose gravel about ten feet before i hit the brake and went sliding like on ice, scoot was un harmed but not my ankle

beachbum
01-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi
Couldnt agree with you more:tup:
I'll go second
I was reving my Puma on the center stand with out holding the brakes when she shot about 20 feet down the road and then slid on her side
We all do make errors in judgement at times
Yours Hank

Hahahaha. I am laughing with you, not at you.

That must have been scary watching your little scoot shoot off like that. Hopefully, it didn't do too much damage.

carasdad
01-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Hope he wound up ok. Watched it a few times and cannot figure out what caused it...all I saw was a light brush with a pole..at prolly 2mph or so. He must have been a newbie scoot rider doing a commercial or something?.. Cause I know 99% of us would have fared much better.

beachbum
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Hope he wound up ok. Watched it a few times and cannot figure out what caused it...all I saw was a light brush with a pole..at prolly 2mph or so. He must have been a newbie scoot rider doing a commercial or something?.. Cause I know 99% of us would have fared much better.

His plastic saddlebag hit the concrete poll. You can see how it breaks off just before he goes over.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 10:58 PM
Hahahaha. I am laughing with you, not at you.

That must have been scary watching your little scoot shoot off like that. Hopefully, it didn't do too much damage.
Hi
Laugh away my friend, im glad that episode has some positive outcomes and could put a smile on your face:tup::yay:
I posted the photos at the old scoot dawg in a thread i started when it happened over 2 years ago about feeling like an idiot
She only got a few scratches hardly of any notice, my wounded ego on the other hand took the full brunt of it:ugh:>:(
But we are only human are we not?
Yours Hank

beachbum
01-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Oh, I know about the hurt ego. Lol. Yes, moments like we posted only remind us of how human we are.

prodigit
01-27-2013, 11:11 PM
I was installing some led light strips on my scooter.
The led light circuit was connected to 12V AC instead of DC, and I just thought the LEDS wheren't bright enough, so I tried revving the engine (hoping to increase the voltage on the LEDS).
Surely they got brighter, but also the bike, being a CVT, ran out on me.
Stupid me trying to stop the 300+LBS beast (250+cc's), bent one of my toes backwards as I put too much pressure on it, to stop the bike (was in my flip-flops); was blue for 1 week!
Lucky the bike did not go very far, as the front wheel hit the wall in front of it (about 6ft).

beachbum
01-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I was installing some led light strips on my scooter.
The led light circuit was connected to 12V AC instead of DC, and I just thought the LEDS wheren't bright enough, so I tried revving the engine (hoping to increase the voltage on the LEDS).
Surely they got brighter, but also the bike, being a CVT, ran out on me.
Stupid me trying to stop the 300+LBS beast (250+cc's), bent one of my toes backwards as I put too much pressure on it, to stop the bike (was in my flip-flops); was blue for 1 week!
Lucky the bike did not go very far, as the front wheel hit the wall in front of it (about 6ft).

That's two run away scooters...and one 180 into a truck.

spandi
01-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Looks like he hit the post with his left saddlebag and was distracted just long enough to go over the side...Ouch! (hope he's ok.)

sharks06lly
01-28-2013, 10:04 AM
lol i have a runaway for ya. went to lunch with my girl and when we came out battery was weak. so i hooked up my jump box to it and told my girl to start it while i held the rear brake on the left( it was on the side stand) she revved it up when she started it and it shot away from us and about 15 feet down into the ditch on its side. now normally i would be a little pissed about that but the look on her face had us both dying laughing about it

adventroad
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Oh man that really sucks!!

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
I know I have done stupid things many times the only ones coming to mind right now is 3-4 side stand pogos always heart stopping thankfully never painful I have OCD about sidestand position now...

terrilee
01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
sorry
women dont do stupid s77t like that
we are PERFECT:lmao:

spandi
01-28-2013, 01:10 PM
sorry
women dont do stupid s77t like that
we are PERFECT:lmao:
I have one word for you....Kardashian.

terrilee
01-28-2013, 01:16 PM
I have one word for you....Kardashian.

lmsao

theres always exceptions to every rule

MEAN_MOTOFINO
01-28-2013, 06:13 PM
He landed in the boat lol

jmstar09
01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
I have to admit I laughed pretty hard when I saw it the first time but that really sucks for the guy cause his scooter has gotta be pretty much totaled. :no:

beachbum
01-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I have to admit I laughed pretty hard when I saw it the first time but that really sucks for the guy cause his scooter has gotta be pretty much totaled. :no:

Its hard not to laugh. Man, that guy went from scooter riding to sky diving to sailing all in a split-second.

I do feel for the guy.

scootnwinn
01-28-2013, 08:21 PM
It's to bad he didn't hit the water probably wouldn't have hurt as much

jmstar09
01-28-2013, 08:33 PM
That's really not a scooter but a full on road bike something like this:

http://www.dieselstation.com/img/Yamaha/2009-FJR1300AE/2009-Yamaha-FJR1300AE-04.jpg

spandi
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Judging from the park benches and trash cans, he was in an area meant for people on foot and not motor bikes. What I can't figure out is why he was being filmed?

spandi
01-28-2013, 09:05 PM
That's really not a scooter but a full on road bike something like this:

http://www.dieselstation.com/img/Yamaha/2009-FJR1300AE/2009-Yamaha-FJR1300AE-04.jpgYou must know your bikes...that really looks like it. (especially the saddlebags.)

rockynv
01-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Something to keep in mind next time we are tempted to ride on the sidewalk or squeeze through the traffic barriers into a pedestrian area. Should have gotten a ticket for that one riding a Sport Touring bike in a pedestrian area. Clipped the post hard enough to rip the hard case off of its mounts. Count our blessings that there wasn't anyone in the boat at the time.

dudley
01-29-2013, 06:22 AM
I have had the bike runaway off the side stand as well.
Luckily my reflexes were working that day and I did not run it into the back of the garage.
Also once when the bike had been running just for a few seconds I tried to wiggle the header to see if it was loose.not loose just HOT!!!

spandi
01-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I have had the bike runaway off the side stand as well.
Luckily my reflexes were working that day and I did not run it into the back of the garage.
Also once when the bike had been running just for a few seconds I tried to wiggle the header to see if it was loose.not loose just HOT!!!You'll get the hang of it, fixing a scooter is as easy walking on a bearskin rug.....With the Bear still in it.