PDA

View Full Version : What Michigan riders look like during winter..

carasdad
01-27-2013, 05:30 PM
What Michigan riders look like during winter..when we finally reach a balmy 40 degree day! Pic of 3 yo Grandson and I...40 degrees out...yet still no jackets. Next day it was 29 and still rode. Day later 4 inches of snow...24 degrees. So I shoveled a path from my shed to the end of the driveway and road to town 7 miles away. Roads were clear and dry so hey...why not ride?..:yay:

millsc
01-27-2013, 05:39 PM
its 50 degress in missouri today, gonna ride with a light jacket on.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Hi Glenn
Great photo, good looking lad
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

carasdad
01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
its 50 degress in missouri today, gonna ride with a light jacket on.

50?...like as in...above zero?..:hmm: Lately I can't comprehend temps above 20 degrees.... Gee millsc...tell me what it's like?...
@Hank...tx... btw...The Tank scoot in the pic...is a 100cc Urban Sporty..oddball engine.. a 150 engine with a 47mm bore...same 57mm stroke though. A 2005 with 14,000+ miles on it. Still looks new and mint huh? I am that way with my scoots...treat them like a newborn baby. If I ever find as much as a scratch on one...I freak out!:nuts: That is why when customers bring over a newer 2011-2012 etc...and it looks like it was run over 20 times...I cringe and feel almost sick when I work on it. Pulling off all the duct tape and silicone bath tub sealer to remove panels to work on it..oh my...:no:

danielm
01-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I've been riding my bicycle to work the last week, it's been in the teens for sure. As long as I don't really stop to take a break it isn't too bad.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Poor dude are you biking on purpose or is the scoot broken?

issue31
01-27-2013, 07:52 PM
SE MN. Half inch of ICE in my driveway today! Hell of a Ice storm. Rain, Snow, Sleet. and now COLD. Waiting for spring!

danielm
01-27-2013, 09:53 PM
Poor dude are you biking on purpose or is the scoot broken?

Actually I still haven't purchased my scooter yet. I posted a thread here a few weeks back trying to narrow down what to buy. I have my motorcycle safety class in a couple months then I'll be ready to go after that.

I'm trying to absorb as much knowledge here as I can before I finally get it.

spandi
01-27-2013, 10:00 PM
FREEZING here in SoCal today (had my jacket on.) down to 57! BRRRRR!

teddy554
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Actually I still haven't purchased my scooter yet. I posted a thread here a few weeks back trying to narrow down what to buy. I have my motorcycle safety class in a couple months then I'll be ready to go after that.

I'm trying to absorb as much knowledge here as I can before I finally get it.
Wish you luck and hope you find a good scoot for yourself

bloodymomo
02-27-2013, 05:10 AM
One hella snow storm in Michigan tonight. Super heavy snow. Cute grandson, teach him to ride young! My sons 9 and have a honda 50 dirtbike. He loved riding almost as much as me. He wants to be a pro dirtbike racer when he grows up. And I hope he does. Hope we can get the scoots out soon :( I'm having withdrawals