PDA

View Full Version : No start after cleaning carb, WTH

kansas
01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
My scoot was running/starting fine but was being a bit finicky here and there. Nothing crazy but since I just bought it I decided I'd clean the carb up as a precaution. I removed the carb, rebooked everything back up and now I have no start. I didn't do anything crazy and the scoot ran ok prior to this.

I have pulled the plug and verified I have spark

I disconnected the gas and vac line from the tank and sucked on the vac line and had a solid flow of fuel. That doesn't guarantee the scoot is pulling enough vac to open it but it is definitely not clogged.

Battery is fully charged, starter is kicking in, all that jazz.

Any ideas what could cause a no start considering I changed pretty much nothing?

Took a quick vid for ya it is uploading now.

The only other thing I can possibly think of that could of caused and issue is that I did some cleaning while it was off and some carb cleaner got on some spots on the bike but that happening and me trying to start it were a solid 24 hours apart so it should of completely evaporated on the off chance it got into something electrical.

My guess if fuel delivery but I'm not sure how to test that since I know fuel CAN flow. I'm just not sure if it IS flowing.

Vid:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4-i1BFTGhM

millsc
01-27-2013, 04:25 PM
the float bowl has fill before it will start it will take several cranks

millsc
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Take the hose off the manifold and suck on it will fill the carb float bowl then try it, other stuff to check make sure you hooked up the choke and put the hose back on the bottom of the carb, the drain hose.

savy09
01-27-2013, 04:38 PM
When you cleaned inside carb, did you ck your float in bowl is moving properly, did the pin slip out maybe? Also ck that your diaphragms set on right, no holes, also on the enricher if you open that. Is the petcock getting good vacuum? Are you getting fuel in the fuel filter and fuel intake hose of the carb,is it leaking gas there? Did you mess with the fuel mixture prior to cleaning the carb? If you did, turn the screw up and try starting, if it starts, adjust back down to correct idle. Should start --savy

millsc
01-27-2013, 04:40 PM
When you cleaned inside carb, did you ck your float in bowl is moving properly, did the pin slip out maybe? Also ck that your diaphragms set on right, no holes, also on the enricher if you open that. Is the petcock getting good vacuum? Are you getting fuel in the fuel filter and fuel intake hose of the carb,is it leaking gas there? Did you mess with the fuel mixture prior to cleaning the carb? If you did, turn the screw up and try starting, if it starts, adjust back down to correct idle. Should start --savy good points my pin slipped out last week and my scoot died when i hit even the slightest bump and played hell restarting it

kansas
01-27-2013, 05:03 PM
the float bowl has fill before it will start it will take several cranks

Well, I feel sheepish. Went out and cranked on it for a while (took a long time) then I heard it change notes a bit and VOILA! Thanks guys!

millsc
01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
bring it to me when you want to make it a monster lol ill put in the kit for cheap since your a fellow member :cheers:

jmstar09
01-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Next time connect the fuel line to the carb and suck on the vacuum line for 15-20 seconds to fill the bowl and you'll save the battery and the starter.

millsc
01-27-2013, 05:32 PM
:yay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-BIG-BORE-REBUILD-KIT-FOR-CHINESE-SCOOTERS-WITH-50cc-AND-60cc-QMB139-MOTORS-/160902583271?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item25768a93e7&vxp=mtr pick this up and i'll slap it on for the same price you paid for the kit

wutzthedeal
01-28-2013, 12:36 AM
:yay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-BIG-BORE-REBUILD-KIT-FOR-CHINESE-SCOOTERS-WITH-50cc-AND-60cc-QMB139-MOTORS-/160902583271?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item25768a93e7&vxp=mtr pick this up and i'll slap it on for the same price you paid for the kit

Wish I lived near you; you'd have a job on my next payday!

millsc
01-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Things are picking up had a job yesterday bought a 50mm big bore kit for my roketa i picked up for cheap with the earnings, so the mod has finally begun.