PDA

View Full Version : ScootDawg

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Many members aren't on all the time and are posting at the old forum I set my profile text to this

http://www.scootdawg.net/
go there

which is 1300 and some odd advertisements for this place. If you like the new site and all that is being done and are not in support of proboards owning your thoughts old and new you may consider doing the same. Just saying

:nod: :nod:

terrilee
01-27-2013, 03:05 PM
@winn

now im NOT a lawyer, but i think they do.
when u signed the TOS agreement, it was in there,
but for real, how many actually read TOS or w/e name they give it.

hope it gets settled civilly, depends on how much each side wants to bend.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
The CEO of proboard clearly admitted he didn't own the posts we have licensed him to use them:

Further, the postings on this site are not owned by the forum admin - they have zero right to sell them to a third party. They are owned by the person who posted the message. When a person makes a post on a ProBoards forum, they specifically license ProBoards to use that content on the ProBoards forum.

We own our own thoughts, by their own admission, and proboards would like to think they can keep them.

We are able to collectively, if he wants to be a jerk, revoke that license and en-masse delete or threaten to delete our posts which is not all that difficult and also our accounts. He won't like that at all so if we actually like the new board and the idea of meaningful and constant moderation this can be done. Things can be done. I am not a lawyer but I do make sure none are never needed at work ;)

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Funny you had no problem with them owning your thoughts and such back then when it was the only SD? Why now? Also see you still posting there so if you don't want them to have your info the easiest way to do that is just delete the posts one by one and then the account.

Also you made it clear that the admin DID not have the right to sell them to anyone by the TOS post you just put up.

So if you own the posts then the admin there had no right to sell them nor did the owner here have the right to buy what did not belong to him and only you? Did you give anyone permission to buy your posts?

Seems like lawyers will be involved.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 03:50 PM
You misunderstand I protest them not allowing us have an upgrade. As I said over there I will post wherever I want and my loyalties are to the friends I have made on here not the owners. Proboards never owned my thoughts but they are acting like they do now. They were given license to use them by me and you all licenses are revokable. I will go where my friends end up and if I chose to I will go to 2 places. I am a member of many forums and will continue to be.

Are you on their payroll why would you support them. The forum needed change we all admit it, notice would have been nice but it is what it is. Nothing funny about it

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 03:53 PM
You misunderstand I protest them not allowing us have an upgrade. As I said over there I will post wherever I want and my loyalties are to the friends I have made on here not the owners. Proboards never owned my thoughts but they are acting like they do now. They were given license to use them by me and you all licenses are revokable. I will go where my friends end up and if I chose to I will go to 2 places. I am a member of many forums and will continue to be.

Are you on their payroll why would you support them. The forum needed change we all admit it, notice would have been nice but it is what it is. Nothing funny about it
Hi Rob
Couldnt have said it better then that:tup::clap:
Take care and ride safely dear friend
Yours Hank

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Why haven't you protested these people buying the same thoughts? Did you give them permission to buy them? BTW Proboards didn't sell anything the admin did and did he ask your permission to sell your thoughts?

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Hi Rob
Couldnt have said it better then that:tup::clap:
Yours Hank

Again Proboard didn't sell anything, didn't because they knew they didn't have the right but the admin who signed the TOS did and he knew by the very rules that everyone signs on that forum he didn't have the right or authority to sell them.

So who was in the wrong? Proboards didn't do anything wrong, one day the forum was locked and sent here by the very person who knew he didn't have permission to do so.

The TOS is easy to understand.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Again Proboard didn't sell anything, didn't because they knew they didn't have the right but the admin who signed the TOS did and he knew by the very rules that everyone signs on that forum he didn't have the right or authority to sell them.

So who was in the wrong? Proboards didn't do anything wrong, one day the forum was locked and sent here by the very person who knew he didn't have permission to do so.

The TOS is easy to understand.
Hi Mack
So the admin has no rights on where he wants to host his site? once you sign with one service you cannot leave and move your forum to another hosting service that offers you more features?
Seem to me thats just strong arm tactics better suited to orginized crime sydicates then a reputable buisness
Im been on many forums where they decided a change to a different service was the best choice and they made the move with out any of the name calling and unsavory behaviour that this one brought up so i am amazed on all of the hub bub caused by this one
Yours Hank

amac1680
01-27-2013, 04:15 PM
Legally it will be interesting.
It will end in a settlement. Who settles no one knows, yet.

In the end there will only be one SD. But which one.....

Be Big,
AMAC

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 04:17 PM
Hank one certainly has the right to build any site they want but even by Scootnwinns own admission doesn't have the right to copy or sell anyone's material that doesn't belong to them.

Proboards doesn't own the material, the admin doesn't own the material only the people who posted do.

If you go to the bank and get a account you read the TOA and sign that you will follow the rules set forth, if you don't then they close your account but they also have to abide by rules and if they decide to sell they have to let you know, you just don't show up at the bank one morning and someone else owns it?

Lee not only had no right to sell or move anything any where without permission by the owners of the material nor the owners of the software it was on, it's very easy to understand.

The only strong arming is being done by the very people who signed the TOS and broke the rules that they willfully and openly signed just like the TOS you signed. If you don't like the TOS you have the right to not join. No one strong armed you to join SD and you woke up one morning to a new SD that someone sold without permission. You don't own it you can't sell it.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 04:24 PM
No I did not give them permission to move it here. Am I mad he volnteered to do something to improve scootdawg and move it here? Now that is just a silly question isn't it? I did not give my permission in advace but he has it now. He'll keep it as long as it is deserved. If probards waits too long it won't matter as many never make it past page 1 in any board.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 04:27 PM
Mack you still have the right to delete your posts here. Why do you have such an issue with this are you being paid for your support. I think not so what are you gaining here? If you support the move you get an upgrade. Most forums I'm on get one every 2 or less years. Not scootdawg we deserve it

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I really wasn't opening a debate I was just suggesting something you should do if you like the change if you don't do nothing and let corporate america control your fate

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Mack you still have the right to delete your posts here. Why do you have such an issue with this are you being paid for your support. I think not so what are you gaining here? If you support the move you get an upgrade. Most forums I'm on get one every 2 or less years. Not scootdawg we deserve it

The admin on a Proboards forum ism the only one who can upgrade the forum and Lee was the admin, take a look at what he could ,have done to Scootdawg if he had chose to do so?

This is the new Beta layout of Proboards that 49ccscoot has:

http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/

They have new android phone service along with other new features but the reason you didn't get any of that is because Lee the admin didn't do it so you'll have to ask him why he didn't give you something you think you deserved for free?

50cc
01-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Good idea, scootnwinn.

http://s2.postimage.org/fc1dhlpl5/Untitled.jpg

A big warning in the header of the old forum might also help.

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 04:38 PM

Yes I know I have the right to delete my posts and account but I'm not the one who's complaining about my material, you are.

You post that Proboards doesn't have the right to your material yet you don't see that they didn't do anything with your material, the same man who didn't/wouldn't upgrade Scootdawg did, seems you need to be asking him why he didn't do things right not Proboards?

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 04:45 PM
Hank one certainly has the right to build any site they want but even by Scootnwinns own admission doesn't have the right to copy or sell anyone's material that doesn't belong to them.

Proboards doesn't own the material, the admin doesn't own the material only the people who posted do.

If you go to the bank and get a account you read the TOA and sign that you will follow the rules set forth, if you don't then they close your account but they also have to abide by rules and if they decide to sell they have to let you know, you just don't show up at the bank one morning and someone else owns it?

Lee not only had no right to sell or move anything any where without permission by the owners of the material nor the owners of the software it was on, it's very easy to understand.

The only strong arming is being done by the very people who signed the TOS and broke the rules that they willfully and openly signed just like the TOS you signed. If you don't like the TOS you have the right to not join. No one strong armed you to join SD and you woke up one morning to a new SD that someone sold without permission. You don't own it you can't sell it.
Hi
Once i post anything to the internet its public knowledge to be read by anyone imho
I dont own it and i dont care, for me its more about the people then the place
And this is no different then if i owned a buisness , you patronize my store and i decide to move to a new location you can either continue to come on in or find a new place that serves the same need
I find nothing wrong with the move and in fact i aprrove it, the old SD just didnt have the administrative means to keep it running smoothely lately
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
This is free, I don't care who hosts the upgrades proboards does but not me why do you? Why won't you answer that question I asked it more than once.

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Nice 50cc

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 04:54 PM
I did answer your question and Proboards is free too:

http://www.proboards.com/create-free-forum

So why don't you answer my question? Why aren't you complaining to Lee the admin on Scootdawg for creating this mess? Proboards did not sell, transfer, give to, keep a upgrade from being done, didn't keep SPAM off of the forum, Lee did.

Proboards didn't cause you any wrong or harm and let you post any time on that forum. Did you ever PM Lee and say hey how about an upgrade, how about this or how about that? His handle was DAWG no secret he was the admin.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi
Part of proboards tos the most important part imho
15. USER CONTENT

"User Content" is any content, materials or information, not including Personal Information (as defined in ProBoards' Privacy Policy), that You upload or post to, or transmit, display, perform or distribute by means of, the Website, whether in connection with Your use of Services or otherwise. To clarify, You maintain full ownership of all your User Content posted to ProBoards.
So in there own words we are in control of our content not them and if we decide to move them who is there to say we cant
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

WarrenS
01-27-2013, 05:19 PM
About the only downside I see is when you google something they will direct you to the old site. Other than that it seems to be the same for the most part.

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Hi
Part of proboards tos the most important part imho
15. USER CONTENT

"User Content" is any content, materials or information, not including Personal Information (as defined in ProBoards' Privacy Policy), that You upload or post to, or transmit, display, perform or distribute by means of, the Website, whether in connection with Your use of Services or otherwise. To clarify, You maintain full ownership of all your User Content posted to ProBoards.
So in there own words we are in control of our content not them and if we decide to move them who is there to say we cant
Take care and ride safely
Yours Hank

That's exactly right Hank but you didn't make that decision it was made for you by someone who sold something that didn't belong to him, it belonged to you. Did he ask permission to "sell" your material? make money off of you for nothing?

Did he put up a notice on the old Dawg and say "hey guys I'm moving to a better set up?" Like you said if you move your business do you just shut the doors and hope everyone will come? Or do you put up a sign saying in so m any weeks we'll be at this new location.

There was no "we" decide to move Hank, it was I'm selling, making a buck, don't care if anyone likes it or not and gone.

How many posts has Lee made here letting all of you know how happy he is that you're here? Did he welcome you to the new better forum? Since you moved "without notice or choice at first" wouldn't you think it would be nice to say thank you and welcome?

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 05:38 PM

That's exactly right Hank but you didn't make that decision it was made for you by someone who sold something that didn't belong to him, it belonged to you. Did he ask permission to "sell" your material? make money off of you for nothing?

Did he put up a notice on the old Dawg and say "hey guys I'm moving to a better set up?" Like you said if you move your business do you just shut the doors and hope everyone will come? Or do you put up a sign saying in so m any weeks we'll be at this new location.

There was no "we" decide to move Hank, it was I'm selling, making a buck, don't care if anyone likes it or not and gone.

How many posts has Lee made here letting all of you know how happy he is that you're here? Did he welcome you to the new better forum? Since you moved "without notice or choice at first" wouldn't you think it would be nice to say thank you and welcome?
Hi
I hope Lee did make something to offset his time and effort
To me its not an important issue and i havent given it a moments thought
As its the people and not the place imho
Granted the move could have been implemented in a different way but thats now in the past
Your not going to sway me over to your point of view in this matter so sorry
Yours Hank

scootnwinn
01-27-2013, 05:51 PM
I did answer I'm not complaining cause I like this

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Hi
I hope Lee did make something to offset his time and effort
To me its not an important issue and i havent given it a moments thought
As its the people and not the place imho
Granted the move could have been implemented in a different way but thats now in the past
Your not going to sway me over to your point of view in this matter so sorry
Yours Hank

No need to be sorry for your opinion, your right. I also wasn't trying to sway you just not agreeing with you which is my opinion and my right.

I will say that IMO the facts as they are now will for sure change the way this forum and the old one will go on. Question will be is how this one will be when it's over? If Proboards wins out on the material that was sold then this forum is going to have many blank pages.

Also one thing is clear also the link transfer and the old Dawg being read only is now over and it'll take a long time for scootdawg.net to ever hit the google scene, not what the advertisers would like that pay the bills here. I'm sure the owner here will tell you quickly that he didn't put this up to just give away.

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
No need to be sorry for your opinion, your right. I also wasn't trying to sway you just not agreeing with you which is my opinion and my right.

I will say that IMO the facts as they are now will for sure change the way this forum and the old one will go on. Question will be is how this one will be when it's over? If Proboards wins out on the material that was sold then this forum is going to have many blank pages.

Also one thing is clear also the link transfer and the old Dawg being read only is now over and it'll take a long time for scootdawg.net to ever hit the google scene, not what the advertisers would like that pay the bills here. I'm sure the owner here will tell you quickly that he didn't put this up to just give away.
Hi Mack
Well we will just Have to wait until the dusts settles and then go from there:s
No matters whats happens we all will still be around somewheres in cyber space and thats all that really matters imho:yay::tup:
We can always pick up the pieces later
Yours Hank

macktheknife
01-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi Mack
Well we will just Have to wait until the dusts settles and then go from there:s
No matters whats happens we all will still be around somewheres in cyber space and thats all that really matters imho:yay::tup:
We can always pick up the pieces later
Yours Hank

Now you've said something that we both can agree on! http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/thumbs-up-blue2.gif

inuyasha
01-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Now you've said something that we both can agree on! http://www.scootdawg.net/images/icons/thumbs-up-blue2.gif
Hi
Glad to see we see eye to eye on some things my friend>D lets just not make a habit of it though:s :lmao:
History is written by the victors we will just have to wait and see what history has to say about all this after all is said and done
Take care and ride safely dearest friend
Yours Hank

Admin
01-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Lots of mis-information here, but some good points, too.

I'm not going to comment much on this matter. The ScootDawg entity/domain was sold. The admin privs were handed over, which, happens all the time on PB forums, without issue. Do some research, it does.

With that said, I'm closing this down, because a) no ones going to get anywhere with the discussion right now, and b) it's only going to cause arguing, and c) the author requested it closed.

There will be a time and place for everything, and I'm not someone who likes to censor anybody.. I give everyone their voice. But right now, for the best of the forum, let's leave it alone and concentrate on scoots! :)

:tup: